Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Mil1lion! - One in a Million
By MR 1DRFL

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Coming up on 3 years. Definitely unique amongst all the others out there. Owned a 2003 Lightning previously and let go prematurely; this one's better and rarer. One of the last built. Loaded w/all options. Fortunate to find sitting on the lot w/less than 60 miles. Deeply devalued due to hi gas prices of the time. Excellent all around vehicle choice - Viper like performance and equipment with the benefits of a P/U. Added a locking bed latch and a hitch & harness for a light utility trailer to haul dirty stuff. Around 15 MPG. No mechanical or quality problems. No end to the the thumbs up and positive comments when rolling down the highway. If you get the chance, buy it and enjoy driving it!

Favorite Features

- All that engine! 505CID 500HP - Upright P/U truck seating in Viper bucket seats - 6 spd manual - Tonneau cover and bed liner tray

Suggested Improvements

- Hide the exposed seat bolts (it cheapens overall appearance and fit & finish) - Make SRT ownership special/exclusive at dealerships (similar to Ford's treatment of SVT owners), certificate with veh. production #, and better treatment commensurate with paying the premium for a specialty vehicle.

Wicked Truck
By paviper

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is amazing. It is so fast it's disgusting. It is absolutely scary fast in every way. It's also an incredibly beautiful truck, which gets a lot of looks and stares. I bought this truck because I liked it and I like to go fast. Some people however don't feel the same way. Buy one and have some fun like me!

Favorite Features

Burnouts! This truck is the burnout king! Also the 6 speed gearbox, and of course the 505 horses under the hood.

A Gentleman's Truck
By MR.PAVIA

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is simply a joy to drive. The equivalent of 60's muscle cars , but dignified. Fuel consumption is average. Stay out of the throttle and you'll do OK. I average 16.5 mpg at 70/72 mph on my three hour drive to my home every weekend. You can not get away from the stares and questions. Everytime I stop somewhere I feel like a celebrity. It handles like a 5000lb tire smoking go kart. The ride is a little firm, but suits me fine. The fit and finish is very well done. I love this Dodge. No problems to date. Added performance pcm, 75 more horsepower, and a cold air intake for 20 more horsepower, whoa! I didn't need it but hold on now, fuel difference is yet to be determined. Way to go Dodge!

Favorite Features

Horsepower. Interior layout. Stops and stares from onlookers

Suggested Improvements

Rear lock for the tailgate

Dodge's Hybrid, Burns Gas and Rubber
By V10 Power

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Bought the 2006 SRT-10 strictly for fun. Already had a 2006 Dodge Ram 4x4 Hemi truck for daily use. This truck is the meanest, baddest truck you can buy. Gas mileage wasn't even considered, just like the 70's muscle cars. Anyone buying one of these for regular use has no idea about trucks.

Favorite Features

Outstanding performance. Great looks

Best of the best
By Joshua

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I know that I put a 10 for fuel economy but I mean for the kind of horsepower it delivers It has great fuel economy. I love everything about this truck and would never trade it in for any competitor. This truck truly is the best of the best.

Favorite Features

Saftey, utility, performance, and styling.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements are needed for this work of performance.