Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Mil1lion! - One in a Million
By MR 1DRFL

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Coming up on 3 years. Definitely unique amongst all the others out there. Owned a 2003 Lightning previously and let go prematurely; this one's better and rarer. One of the last built. Loaded w/all options. Fortunate to find sitting on the lot w/less than 60 miles. Deeply devalued due to hi gas prices of the time. Excellent all around vehicle choice - Viper like performance and equipment with the benefits of a P/U. Added a locking bed latch and a hitch & harness for a light utility trailer to haul dirty stuff. Around 15 MPG. No mechanical or quality problems. No end to the the thumbs up and positive comments when rolling down the highway. If you get the chance, buy it and enjoy driving it!

- All that engine! 505CID 500HP - Upright P/U truck seating in Viper bucket seats - 6 spd manual - Tonneau cover and bed liner tray

- Hide the exposed seat bolts (it cheapens overall appearance and fit & finish) - Make SRT ownership special/exclusive at dealerships (similar to Ford's treatment of SVT owners), certificate with veh. production #, and better treatment commensurate with paying the premium for a specialty vehicle.

2nd V-10 4Me
By NO V8 4 ME

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Driving this truck is awesome. From the initial start up to hitting the highway, this truck is a blast. Need passing power? This truck does real well straight from the factory. Handling is precise and stable. Braking that is like nothing else I've driven. Comfort that goes beyond a perforamnce truck's expectations. The ride is a little tough over bumps and other typical road conditions but it's well worth the trade off when you want to use the truck as it should be used, Hard and Fast. With the Viper V-10 under the hood, I have a great platform to build on.

Looks, power to the ground. Handling and comfort. V-10 power!

Bring the Ram SRT-10 truck back to an an extremely limited production run in 2009 or 2010 with the 8.4 Litre 600HP Viper Engine or with a 600++ big block V-8 Hemi. (just to keep those who don't get it even more confused).

Wicked Truck
By paviper

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is amazing. It is so fast it's disgusting. It is absolutely scary fast in every way. It's also an incredibly beautiful truck, which gets a lot of looks and stares. I bought this truck because I liked it and I like to go fast. Some people however don't feel the same way. Buy one and have some fun like me!

Burnouts! This truck is the burnout king! Also the 6 speed gearbox, and of course the 505 horses under the hood.

Wanted Some Performance and Utility
By Scott's SRT-10

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I purchased my SRT-10 Quad Cab after much research. I could not have made a better choice for what I was looking for. I wanted high performance and my wife wanted luxury and safety. We found it in our 2006 Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab. This truck is the best handling, best stopping and head turning vehicle that I have ever owned. I am seriously considering another one in regular cab. No complaints about the mileage either. I have a 95 3/4 ton ext. cab with the cast iron V-10 and the gas mileage is about the same as the SRT- 10. I am actually impressed with the mileage. I only drive the SRT maybe once or twice a month even though I really want to drive it daily. My hat's off to the SRT engineers. Awesome

Looks, power, comfort, ease of using all controls, stopping ability is awesome. Cargo access is just fine with the tonneou cover. Thank Dodge for creating this beast without beating the motor to death prematuraly by forced induction. Lots of options available for different power level enhancements

I can really think of nothing to improve on. As I read from Dodge once, "over built, over priced, and proud of it". Worth the price and looking forward to a very long relationship with this truck.

Kick some SVT Behinds
By azpyroguy

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Albeit the fact that I have made nearly $20,000 in mods to my trucks, I look forward everyday to driving it. love the sound, the looks I get. When I "matte" it at 35mph she gets sideways... can you say yeee haw!! But what do you expect with a truck with around 700hp. It has all the sound of True Viper! Yes, the mileage is bad on it, but I went into buying it knowing that it got terrible mileage. If you want an eco car get a Yugo! If you have the need for power and speed get a Ram SRT-10!

Power, endless rush of torque

More motor! One can never have enough power!