2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Mil1lion! - One in a Million
By MR 1DRFL on 12/22/09 07:11 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Coming up on 3 years. Definitely unique amongst all the others out there. Owned a 2003 Lightning previously and let go prematurely; this one's better and rarer. One of the last built. Loaded w/all options. Fortunate to find sitting on the lot w/less than 60 miles. Deeply devalued due to hi gas prices of the time. Excellent all around vehicle choice - Viper like performance and equipment with the benefits of a P/U. Added a locking bed latch and a hitch & harness for a light utility trailer to haul dirty stuff. Around 15 MPG. No mechanical or quality problems. No end to the the thumbs up and positive comments when rolling down the highway. If you get the chance, buy it and enjoy driving it!

2nd V-10 4Me
By NO V8 4 ME on 09/08/07 11:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Driving this truck is awesome. From the initial start up to hitting the highway, this truck is a blast. Need passing power? This truck does real well straight from the factory. Handling is precise and stable. Braking that is like nothing else I've driven. Comfort that goes beyond a perforamnce truck's expectations. The ride is a little tough over bumps and other typical road conditions but it's well worth the trade off when you want to use the truck as it should be used, Hard and Fast. With the Viper V-10 under the hood, I have a great platform to build on.

Wicked Truck
By paviper on 07/04/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is amazing. It is so fast it's disgusting. It is absolutely scary fast in every way. It's also an incredibly beautiful truck, which gets a lot of looks and stares. I bought this truck because I liked it and I like to go fast. Some people however don't feel the same way. Buy one and have some fun like me!

Wanted Some Performance and Utility
By Scott's SRT-10 on 02/28/07 21:26 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I purchased my SRT-10 Quad Cab after much research. I could not have made a better choice for what I was looking for. I wanted high performance and my wife wanted luxury and safety. We found it in our 2006 Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab. This truck is the best handling, best stopping and head turning vehicle that I have ever owned. I am seriously considering another one in regular cab. No complaints about the mileage either. I have a 95 3/4 ton ext. cab with the cast iron V-10 and the gas mileage is about the same as the SRT- 10. I am actually impressed with the mileage. I only drive the SRT maybe once or twice a month even though I really want to drive it daily. My hat's off to the SRT engineers. Awesome

Kick some SVT Behinds
By azpyroguy on 01/28/07 21:33 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Albeit the fact that I have made nearly $20,000 in mods to my trucks, I look forward everyday to driving it. love the sound, the looks I get. When I "matte" it at 35mph she gets sideways... can you say yeee haw!! But what do you expect with a truck with around 700hp. It has all the sound of True Viper! Yes, the mileage is bad on it, but I went into buying it knowing that it got terrible mileage. If you want an eco car get a Yugo! If you have the need for power and speed get a Ram SRT-10!

Month 2 and still a blast to drive
By Furyous on 01/08/07 22:21 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Going into my second month with this truck and it is still a blast to drive. The only down side is the mileage but you know that going in.

Fun to drive
By adrian on 12/25/06 14:22 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I love my SRT10 Ram. It is fast and very responsive although the fuel ecomoney stinks. When clean it looks awesome and always fetches many compliments

Pure fun with the kids
By john on 12/11/06 21:49 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

More power than you should have with the kids in the back seat. Every time I would punch it the kids would just laugh! Having a hard time keeping the wife out of it. A wolf in sheep's clothing. Pure fun!

A Gentleman's Truck
By MR.PAVIA on 11/24/06 08:00 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is simply a joy to drive. The equivalent of 60's muscle cars , but dignified. Fuel consumption is average. Stay out of the throttle and you'll do OK. I average 16.5 mpg at 70/72 mph on my three hour drive to my home every weekend. You can not get away from the stares and questions. Everytime I stop somewhere I feel like a celebrity. It handles like a 5000lb tire smoking go kart. The ride is a little firm, but suits me fine. The fit and finish is very well done. I love this Dodge. No problems to date. Added performance pcm, 75 more horsepower, and a cold air intake for 20 more horsepower, whoa! I didn't need it but hold on now, fuel difference is yet to be determined. Way to go Dodge!

Dodge's Hybrid, Burns Gas and Rubber
By V10 Power on 09/25/06 12:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Bought the 2006 SRT-10 strictly for fun. Already had a 2006 Dodge Ram 4x4 Hemi truck for daily use. This truck is the meanest, baddest truck you can buy. Gas mileage wasn't even considered, just like the 70's muscle cars. Anyone buying one of these for regular use has no idea about trucks.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.