Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Dodge Power Wagon
By James Posey

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

What a pleasure to climb behind the wheel of a well designed truck. I'm 6'2" 230 lb. I have to run the seat forward to reach pedals and controls, room to spare in a regular cab. I pull a Tandem axel large box trailer. The tow haul 5speed auto works like a dream in tow haul mode. Their is 2 2nd gears so technically this is a 6 speed. Full box frame on a half ton. Independant front suspension with 4x4. Drives and handles nice. 20 inch wheels and wide goodyear rubber. Bites well on dry pavement. Will smoke tires with little effort. Be carefull on wet pavement. MDS Hemi is sweet, can't feel it change. 20 mpg at 65 mph. I waited on the MDS in the truck, glad I did. Not one problem yet, 16 months. All in all they got it right. Thanks Dodge. I have owned 3 New Dodge, 2 New Chevys, 1 New Ford if that tells you anything.

Hemi. Independent front suspension in a 4x4. Had a Chevy Blazer for years 14 to be exsact with IFS, If you're not into lifting and driving daily this is a nice way to go. Will track better of road with greater articulation over stock straight front axle.

More power. I love American iron. Push rod motor, simple, durable. I have added a high volume intake and better cat back exhaust. How about a factory computer adjustable set up?

Reliable
By Rich

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Nice and comfortable ride.Decent sound system. Center console should have storage compartment like they had in the '8 models. Gas mileage is pretty efficient. I can go from Daytona to Tampa and back on less than half a tank (approx.300mi.). Overall big bang for your buck.

Front end

Center console should have storage compartment

2006 Ram
By ram

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I really enjoy this truck. It has the V6 and is getting 17-20 mpg city/hwy. Very good handling when towing or regular driving. The new power package is really nice on the ST models .

Dash. Seats. Grille frame. Exhaust. Engine. Wheels

More HP in the 4.7-3.7 engines.

I Love it !
By Mike H

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my truck almost as bare as they come. Even so, I love this truck a lot. The V6 has more than enough power to keep this truck moving and the new interior layout is the best in its class in my opinion. The tranny is silky smooth. The ride seems a little bouncy but I think it might be because I drive a sports car most of the time. It's been years since I drove a truck on a regular basis. The center console does rob the use of the center seat but so does the stick shift. I never planned on the center seat being used very much anyway so this doesn't bother me too much. There is quite a bit of storage area behind the seats as well.

Interior.

Move the passenger air bag switch off the dash. It looks a little cheesy there.

Great Truck!
By Mark Westendorf

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab ST 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the base ST with the "work truck" package (a $400 credit for a black grille instead of chrome). I like the truck overall, but I don't like the huge center console and rock hard middle seat. On a regular cab pickup, you need that middle seat! In this truck the center seating position is almost unusable as there is nowhere for the middle person to put their feet.

Styling is great. Love the engine hour meter.

No tow hooks. Eliminate center console. Base model should have a bench seat.