Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Big Horn-4 Doors Does Not a Wimpy Truck
By justabeegirl

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

When my '99 Durango was closing in on the 70k mark and since I really and truly loathed the new style Durangos and had no need for 3rd row seating, a Quad Cab 4x4 would suit my needs just as well as my 'Rango plus w/Hemi power. It could be a blast. Keep in mind, in Aug of '05 I bought #2436 of '05s 4263 produced Rumble Bees. My Bee is a std cab and I didn't know if my 4 ft longer girl would meet expectations. This new Hemi MDS engine thing for '06-its a fallacy. I still get 24-26 on the hiway just like my Bee. I lucked out on price tho. $41k down to $29k because the guy who ordered her refused delivery- she's decked out like a Hemi Sport-Hood Scoop; skirts, and chromed to die for.

Lay down rear seats-great 4 hauling my German Shepherd and awkward items I don't want banging around in the bed. Hemi power is Nadia's greatest attribute. I love 0-60 in ? Do your own test. 20" tires tend to thwart rubber ignition however. New tires, mucho deniro! But oh they love it when I forget!

Nadia was a little bland when I bought her. Yeah, she had chrome accents but nothin like now. I couldn't do any mods to my Bee so I splurged on this Quad! Patriot grille, door/tailgate handles, Big Horn Sills, BugGuard and 20" Wheels. She's gorgeous, but not gaudy. She's a headturner!

Great Truck
By W. Rausch

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It has a great ride, good performance and sharp looks. Mine has the optional sunroof, MOPAR exhaust system, chrome tubular running boards, spray-in bedliner, and chrome bug shield.

I especially like the Inferno red pearl metallic paint and the redesigned dash.

Mine has the 20" "chrome wheels" that are actually chromed plastic covers. That's pretty cheesey for a $40,000 truck! Get real Dodge, put some real wheels on your trucks.

Very nice truck if you can feed it
By pdeagle

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have enjoyed the truck. Solid truck and I'm very satisfied with the exception of fuel mileage around town. Not bad on the road. Much better than my '04 hemi though.

Comfortable seats

Better visibility through side window post.

Dodge needs better shocks upfront
By mike sab

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Dodge truck is definitely the most agressive looking truck out there today. The only thing I think they could have done better was putting a little better shock and spring set up on the truck. I put Bilstein aftermarket shocks on recently and it has gotten a lot better. Next is a lttle tougher spring. What was Dodge thinking? This isn`t a Cadillac, it`s a truck.

Hemi, 20in. wheels, agrressive looks

Suspension

Newest Dodge
By R. Chapman

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love driving the vehicle! For the most part, I bought it for the handling and ride.Fuel mileage is adequate, although not near the advertised 19 mpg highway. I've also noticed the transmission does not shift smoothly. The truck "surges" when shifting up through the gears.

My favorite feature is the handling! Very responsive turning.

Better shifting! If there is a problem with the transmission, fix it and then you'll have the perfect truck