Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2006 Dodge Ram
By brent

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My 1st truck: so no comparison-but I love it. Got the V-6 and it has plenty of power. Truck came with the optional lower rear end; which I wouldn't have bought-maybe this helps with the power? Have thought about changing to the standard rear end-but wonder if any computers would need to be changed. Water pump failed at around 50K, which I didn't think should happen. My main complaint is the AC. It has never been cold. Took it back to the dealer and he said it was operating to spec. Dropped the headliner and put in a heat shield and tinted the rear windshield but didn't seem to help. Now the recirc door has broken (maybe has been broken for a long time) which really limits the airflow.

I like the appearance of the truck. The capacity for 6 passengers. The back seat is adequate; but wish I had the larger one(Crew or Mega). Like the ride height. Have the ST, the basic truck. Have added cruise,fog lights,trip computer, Bluetooth, DVD, Nav, radio, Kicker speakers and sub.

The HVAC system. Overall, it not cold enough. And now I discover this major problem with the plenum doors breaking. This should be a recall.

Great Truck
By Jerry Lund

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

great overall only had one issue and that was the transmission pack went out so it wouldn't shift.

the towing cant feel my 20ft boat behind it.

more rear room in the quad cab.

i'll never but a ram again
By fc

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The worse truck experience-- I have ever had. From day one this truck shimmied its way down the highway. within the first year I replaced, the rotors & brakes (at my cost), and within 2 years I had the brakes and rototrs turned again-- year three it need a brake job again. After 12 k miles like domino's, balljoints, tie rods, alignments, wheel bearings... The dealer actually acused me of driving on dirt roads & panick breaking. (Ram tough but no dirt roads?) I cant help I lived on a dirt road but it shook worse on the highway and on the dirt roads I drove slow. The 60k miles the transmission started to slip,What a piece of junk this truck is, I traded it in this week for a toyota- sad

look and size is all it has going for it

can the whole premise of being an automaker and go bankrupt

Bad factory warranty
By steve o

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Love the truck, except the transmission shifts rough. There is a buzzing noise and vibration the dealer cant seem to find. And I don't have the money to keep renting trucks while thay try to figure it out. So if you buy a Dodge they don't cover rental when your truck breaks. That's why my next truck will not be a Dodge. Because looks ain't everything when you drive for a living and have to buy a new truck every year.

Looks great

Warranty on new trucks should cover rental. When the prouduct is not up to par...

Love My Ram
By Carl D

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

What a great truck. I now have 8000+ miles and have not experienced any "wheel shimmy" with the 20" alloy wheels as others have stated. The ride is excellent and the Hemi HP is awesome. I have added a AeroTurbine exhaust to replace the stock muffler and the sound is outstanding with a horsepower boost and mpg increase also. Nothing like a Hemi that sounds like a Hemi.

The Hemi. Satellite radio is a great feature also. Great ride, comfortable interior.

Better stock exhaust system. (Truck is way to quite.) Some interior coutesy lights for cup holders.. Not much else.