2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
06 Dodge ram 1500 slt
By peter135 on 03/25/14 18:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Ram runs great course every vehicle has their problems and none are perfect, but this truck is great if u have the MDS in the hemi 5.7 then its a great engine with a good drive line behind it to be honest im not to thrilled on the 4.7 it drinks gas and doesn't have much power considering that engine at that time was designed with the Dakota and Durango more in mind so made for a lighter truck but I work for dodge and their new 5.7's, 4.7's the new 3.6 and not released yet but the new 3.0 diesel in the 1500 all great engines again the 4.7 drinks fuel but the others are great looking around 14-19 mpg depending on your driving habbits. all in all GREAT trucks.

2006 dodge ram 1500 quad cab hemi
By wilson1970 on 10/28/13 13:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my ram hemi used two years ago had 11000 miles. My truck is the nice black slt quad cab. Love the hemi but now have the dreaded he hi tick. Now have 27900 on it. Change oil and have recommend service at local dealer. Have had to replace breakers and tires and had blend door replaced. Was very expensive! Don't drive it in the winter as I wish to keep it and give it to my oldest son in two years. Gas mileage is not that bad if you keep a light foot. Wish I had gotten the sat radio the factory one sucks...

2006 Dodge Ram
By brent on 07/02/10 06:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My 1st truck: so no comparison-but I love it. Got the V-6 and it has plenty of power. Truck came with the optional lower rear end; which I wouldn't have bought-maybe this helps with the power? Have thought about changing to the standard rear end-but wonder if any computers would need to be changed. Water pump failed at around 50K, which I didn't think should happen. My main complaint is the AC. It has never been cold. Took it back to the dealer and he said it was operating to spec. Dropped the headliner and put in a heat shield and tinted the rear windshield but didn't seem to help. Now the recirc door has broken (maybe has been broken for a long time) which really limits the airflow.

Fun to drive
By Chris on 05/22/10 17:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am having a fun time with my Ram driving off road to the fishing holes I fish at. I have no problem with it and enjoying it even on the long trips i have gone on with it.

2006 Dodge
By Chad on 04/19/10 08:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Have had mine for 4 years now with 49k on odometer. At approx. 15k I had to have air recirculation door replaced (warranty). At 30k I had to have rotors turned and transmission replaced (transmission replaced under warranty). I rarely tow and when I do it is nothing more than an enclosed motorcycle trailer with a Harley. I'm a bit disappointed in reliability. Plenty of power, very quiet and comfortable ride and plenty of room except for rear seat passengers. Avg. fuel economy is between 16 and 17 mpg. -- I expected closer to 20 mpg with the MDS system. I'll keep it as long as it runs but I'll probably go with Ford when the time comes to replace it.

poor gas milage
By eric on 02/11/10 08:41 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is half the truck my 98 gmc z71 was. I mean the 4 wheel drive has a mild low range and cant really get the truck to pull the boat out of the water. The ride is rough and have no idea that a truck made in 2006 can get the same fuel economy as a model A. The comfort of the seat is like siting on a rock. I dont know if its because the truck is cheaply made or that all the other american made trucks are that much better. Also if you lean against the truck you will dent the slim sheet metal. I can't think of any other truck that shifts as much as this one. It dosen't even know when it wants to.

SLT 4X4 Quad Cab
By Marc Kurbansade on 12/31/09 06:38 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This has been a great truck (going on four years ownership) and I would recommend to anyone. Never any major problems but I have kept up on maintenance. The only problem has been the air recirculation door for the A/C system (my mechanic says it is fairly common in this model) and unfortunately I found out about it 1,000 miles after my warranty expired. Gas mileage is OK (average about 15 mpg based on my combo of highway/city driving) but that's what I expected with a 5.7L/345 hp engine. The ease of flipping up the rear set allows for easy carting of cargo (mostly my Dobermans).

Great Truck !!
By Jeff Laymon on 09/12/09 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This has been a Great truck! I bought this truck to tow our new camper, which our old minivan had a tough time doing, even with a tow package. Also, this would be my wife's vehicle and needed to carry our three kids, with one still in an infant seat. We installed nerf bars so my wife could get in, the 20" wheels made it difficult for her, and she has been in love with it ever since. The Hemi pulls like a champ and after we installed a tonneau cover, our mpg went to 15/20! We towed our camper to FL and averaged 16.5 mpg! The only issue we've had is with the seat coverings, they show every water drop like its a stain. We had them replaced once, but they still do the same thing. Great Truck!

Great Truck
By Jerry Lund on 08/25/09 05:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

great overall only had one issue and that was the transmission pack went out so it wouldn't shift.

Three Years and still counting.....
By 2006RamCrazy on 07/28/09 19:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Well here's an update on my Ram. I've now had it 37 months and 36,600 miles with no real problems.. I've had to take it in two times...Door mirror was loose and chrome grill peeling.. They replaced both parts. I changed the rear end to a 4.56 so my mileage dropped to 15 but I wanted her to pull and she does just that with the new gears. She pulls our 28' boat effortlessly now. Overall great truck and considering trading it in on a 2009 (my 6th Ram).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.