Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

06 Dodge ram 1500 slt
By peter135

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Ram runs great course every vehicle has their problems and none are perfect, but this truck is great if u have the MDS in the hemi 5.7 then its a great engine with a good drive line behind it to be honest im not to thrilled on the 4.7 it drinks gas and doesn't have much power considering that engine at that time was designed with the Dakota and Durango more in mind so made for a lighter truck but I work for dodge and their new 5.7's, 4.7's the new 3.6 and not released yet but the new 3.0 diesel in the 1500 all great engines again the 4.7 drinks fuel but the others are great looking around 14-19 mpg depending on your driving habbits. all in all GREAT trucks.

Favorite Features

all of them

Suggested Improvements

from factory they put on shitty tires cup quickly and cause vibrations.

2006 dodge ram 1500 quad cab hemi
By wilson1970

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my ram hemi used two years ago had 11000 miles. My truck is the nice black slt quad cab. Love the hemi but now have the dreaded he hi tick. Now have 27900 on it. Change oil and have recommend service at local dealer. Have had to replace breakers and tires and had blend door replaced. Was very expensive! Don't drive it in the winter as I wish to keep it and give it to my oldest son in two years. Gas mileage is not that bad if you keep a light foot. Wish I had gotten the sat radio the factory one sucks...

Favorite Features

Hemi power quad cab,power sliding back window

Suggested Improvements

Some sore of light telling when MDS is changing to 4 cylinder.

2006 Dodge Ram
By brent

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My 1st truck: so no comparison-but I love it. Got the V-6 and it has plenty of power. Truck came with the optional lower rear end; which I wouldn't have bought-maybe this helps with the power? Have thought about changing to the standard rear end-but wonder if any computers would need to be changed. Water pump failed at around 50K, which I didn't think should happen. My main complaint is the AC. It has never been cold. Took it back to the dealer and he said it was operating to spec. Dropped the headliner and put in a heat shield and tinted the rear windshield but didn't seem to help. Now the recirc door has broken (maybe has been broken for a long time) which really limits the airflow.

Favorite Features

I like the appearance of the truck. The capacity for 6 passengers. The back seat is adequate; but wish I had the larger one(Crew or Mega). Like the ride height. Have the ST, the basic truck. Have added cruise,fog lights,trip computer, Bluetooth, DVD, Nav, radio, Kicker speakers and sub.

Suggested Improvements

The HVAC system. Overall, it not cold enough. And now I discover this major problem with the plenum doors breaking. This should be a recall.

Fun to drive
By Chris

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am having a fun time with my Ram driving off road to the fishing holes I fish at. I have no problem with it and enjoying it even on the long trips i have gone on with it.

2006 Dodge
By Chad

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Have had mine for 4 years now with 49k on odometer. At approx. 15k I had to have air recirculation door replaced (warranty). At 30k I had to have rotors turned and transmission replaced (transmission replaced under warranty). I rarely tow and when I do it is nothing more than an enclosed motorcycle trailer with a Harley. I'm a bit disappointed in reliability. Plenty of power, very quiet and comfortable ride and plenty of room except for rear seat passengers. Avg. fuel economy is between 16 and 17 mpg. -- I expected closer to 20 mpg with the MDS system. I'll keep it as long as it runs but I'll probably go with Ford when the time comes to replace it.

Favorite Features

Power, room, comfortable ride, lots of storage.

Suggested Improvements

Questionable reliability.