2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Mega Cab
By Gavin on 07/01/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is great to put my 3 car seats in. Tons of room. Gas mileage w/4:10 gears 11.5-12.3 city, highway @75 13-15.5 mostly 13 though. I took a trip drove 75-80 got 12.8. Towing, the power is there the mileage is horrible pulled about 2000lbs got 9.3 towing mostly up hill. ON the way back got 10.9 mostly@75 both ways . But over all I really love the truck. Things seem to be holding up very well. I got the Laramie w/dvd&nav those are great features. The kids love it. This truck does not have the performance/mileage but more room and handles loads better than the 04 I used to have but it does o.k. I wish this was a diesel but it is a good truck and people in the back are compfortable.

Well improved from 04' model, but......
By BBartz on 08/11/06 13:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the Big Horn Edition and love all the add ons it has. This is my first Hemi and I don't really notice much difference from the 4.7 liter until after 2nd or 3rd gear. Otherwise, It has a lot more power. I just installed an AirRaid intake and it makes a huge differance. Much more responsive and sounds great! I also notice that the ride of the 06' is much smoother and handles bumps great. Also, the cabin is quiet until I added the intake :) I did not get the 4X4 and regret it, but I would only us it like 2-3 times out of the year anyways.

Great Truck/Poor Climate Control
By silverbullet06 on 07/31/06 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the style and roomy Mega Cab interior. Plenty of low end torque but you suffer with terrible fuel economy both in town and highway. Air conditioning cannot handle additional cab size on warm days with the family. Customer service and dealer repair service is the worst of the big three. I would never buy another Damiler Chrysler product! Have been waiting 18 days for a climate control part to fix the non working air conditioning. More excuses than good news from all parties.

Love my Goat
By Neil Combs on 05/15/06 21:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just had it for the last 2 weeks, Love it. Quality is up to the MOPAR Par. First trip in it, 265 miles. Got just over 20 MPG on this trip, I drove the speed limit,(65MPH) Fantastic. Ride was more than comfortable. Performance is up to the '69/72 Standard only smoother and just as fast if not faster. Keep it up Chrysler/Dodge.

The Mega Cab is New Comfort on the Road
By Donnie on 03/26/06 15:21 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had the Mega Cab now for several weeks and can't say enough good about this truck. Now understand, I'm 6'6" tall and weigh 300 lbs. I's not easy for me to fit into any vehicle. But the Mega Cab 1500 is more than enough for me to be comfortable. I got the upper end stereo system because I like music. It's the closest thing you can get to a custom installed job. The ride is definitely a truck ride, but much smoother than others I've tried. The handling is great with a surprisingly tight turning radius for a truck this size. Back seat comfort and storage is amazing to say the least. My friends snored in the reclining rear seats on the way home from my last trip of 1100 miles.

Life in the Mega Lane
By Victor Martinez on 01/30/06 18:49 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Mega Cab Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

From the moment I looked one over, I knew that would be buying it. Its all about the interior space. This thing is like having a full sized SUV but with a truck bed on the back. Rear seat occupants up to 6'1" have fully extend their legs and reclined the rear seat while I sit comfortably in the drivers seat. I recently went on a 3 day trip to Baton Rouge from Houston. Incuding myself, we went with 4 adults and 1 child. All of our luggage fit behind the rear seat easily and we all were more than comfortable with the amount of space that each passenger enjoys. As far as the engine goes I have one word, "sublime". Can't say enough about the build quality either. This thing is the bomb.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.