Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2nd V-10 4Me
By NO V8 4 ME

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Driving this truck is awesome. From the initial start up to hitting the highway, this truck is a blast. Need passing power? This truck does real well straight from the factory. Handling is precise and stable. Braking that is like nothing else I've driven. Comfort that goes beyond a perforamnce truck's expectations. The ride is a little tough over bumps and other typical road conditions but it's well worth the trade off when you want to use the truck as it should be used, Hard and Fast. With the Viper V-10 under the hood, I have a great platform to build on.

Looks, power to the ground. Handling and comfort. V-10 power!

Bring the Ram SRT-10 truck back to an an extremely limited production run in 2009 or 2010 with the 8.4 Litre 600HP Viper Engine or with a 600++ big block V-8 Hemi. (just to keep those who don't get it even more confused).

Wanted Some Performance and Utility
By Scott's SRT-10

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I purchased my SRT-10 Quad Cab after much research. I could not have made a better choice for what I was looking for. I wanted high performance and my wife wanted luxury and safety. We found it in our 2006 Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab. This truck is the best handling, best stopping and head turning vehicle that I have ever owned. I am seriously considering another one in regular cab. No complaints about the mileage either. I have a 95 3/4 ton ext. cab with the cast iron V-10 and the gas mileage is about the same as the SRT- 10. I am actually impressed with the mileage. I only drive the SRT maybe once or twice a month even though I really want to drive it daily. My hat's off to the SRT engineers. Awesome

Looks, power, comfort, ease of using all controls, stopping ability is awesome. Cargo access is just fine with the tonneou cover. Thank Dodge for creating this beast without beating the motor to death prematuraly by forced induction. Lots of options available for different power level enhancements

I can really think of nothing to improve on. As I read from Dodge once, "over built, over priced, and proud of it". Worth the price and looking forward to a very long relationship with this truck.

Kick some SVT Behinds
By azpyroguy

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Albeit the fact that I have made nearly $20,000 in mods to my trucks, I look forward everyday to driving it. love the sound, the looks I get. When I "matte" it at 35mph she gets sideways... can you say yeee haw!! But what do you expect with a truck with around 700hp. It has all the sound of True Viper! Yes, the mileage is bad on it, but I went into buying it knowing that it got terrible mileage. If you want an eco car get a Yugo! If you have the need for power and speed get a Ram SRT-10!

Power, endless rush of torque

More motor! One can never have enough power!

Month 2 and still a blast to drive
By Furyous

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Going into my second month with this truck and it is still a blast to drive. The only down side is the mileage but you know that going in.

Power, power and more power. Whenever you hit the gas you get a rush.

If they find someway of improving the gas without harming performance is the only improvement I can think of.

Fun to drive
By adrian

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I love my SRT10 Ram. It is fast and very responsive although the fuel ecomoney stinks. When clean it looks awesome and always fetches many compliments