Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Mega Cab
By Gavin

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is great to put my 3 car seats in. Tons of room. Gas mileage w/4:10 gears 11.5-12.3 city, highway @75 13-15.5 mostly 13 though. I took a trip drove 75-80 got 12.8. Towing, the power is there the mileage is horrible pulled about 2000lbs got 9.3 towing mostly up hill. ON the way back got 10.9 mostly@75 both ways . But over all I really love the truck. Things seem to be holding up very well. I got the Laramie w/dvd&nav those are great features. The kids love it. This truck does not have the performance/mileage but more room and handles loads better than the 04 I used to have but it does o.k. I wish this was a diesel but it is a good truck and people in the back are compfortable.

Favorite Features

THE ROOM IS NUMBER ONE, the way it handle loads, quietness the kids can't kick or push on my seat. That is huge. They always did that in my 04, drove me crazy. My wifes favorite features is the powerpedals and the powerseat. I also love all the storage space you can't beat it. Backseat AC/heat vents

Suggested Improvements

I hate the cup holders. The fold down ones in my 04 were so much better. You could fit any drink in those. The gas mileage is the worst about the truck, its expensive to drive, Sometimes driving around on the freeway the gearing isn't right where I would like it to be. I really want a diesel.

Well improved from 04' model, but......
By BBartz

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have the Big Horn Edition and love all the add ons it has. This is my first Hemi and I don't really notice much difference from the 4.7 liter until after 2nd or 3rd gear. Otherwise, It has a lot more power. I just installed an AirRaid intake and it makes a huge differance. Much more responsive and sounds great! I also notice that the ride of the 06' is much smoother and handles bumps great. Also, the cabin is quiet until I added the intake :) I did not get the 4X4 and regret it, but I would only us it like 2-3 times out of the year anyways.

Favorite Features

Navigation, sunroof, bucket seats, higher stance that I want to rasie/level out in the front. Big Horn upgrades. Interior has been stepped up, but still could be better materials. MDS if it actually starts to help on gas mileage? We will see... I also, had the management bedliner installed ($800+)

Suggested Improvements

20" Clad rims are a waist! Fake wood interior face plates are cheezy, MDS on and off indicator would be nice so I knew if and when it was in use, and you never can have a better gas saving technique if possible?

Great Truck/Poor Climate Control
By silverbullet06

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the style and roomy Mega Cab interior. Plenty of low end torque but you suffer with terrible fuel economy both in town and highway. Air conditioning cannot handle additional cab size on warm days with the family. Customer service and dealer repair service is the worst of the big three. I would never buy another Damiler Chrysler product! Have been waiting 18 days for a climate control part to fix the non working air conditioning. More excuses than good news from all parties.

Favorite Features

Roomy cab, tall ride heighth and power rear window. Good Hemi power while pulling trailer.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the weak climate comntrol system and leaking sunroof that will cause the DVD player to drip water.

Love my Goat
By Neil Combs

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just had it for the last 2 weeks, Love it. Quality is up to the MOPAR Par. First trip in it, 265 miles. Got just over 20 MPG on this trip, I drove the speed limit,(65MPH) Fantastic. Ride was more than comfortable. Performance is up to the '69/72 Standard only smoother and just as fast if not faster. Keep it up Chrysler/Dodge.

Favorite Features

HEMI The ride and performance combination can't be beat by anything on the road today.

Suggested Improvements

What can I say? You already have it all, just don't let up, Keep it rolling.

The Mega Cab is New Comfort on the Road
By Donnie

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had the Mega Cab now for several weeks and can't say enough good about this truck. Now understand, I'm 6'6" tall and weigh 300 lbs. I's not easy for me to fit into any vehicle. But the Mega Cab 1500 is more than enough for me to be comfortable. I got the upper end stereo system because I like music. It's the closest thing you can get to a custom installed job. The ride is definitely a truck ride, but much smoother than others I've tried. The handling is great with a surprisingly tight turning radius for a truck this size. Back seat comfort and storage is amazing to say the least. My friends snored in the reclining rear seats on the way home from my last trip of 1100 miles.

Favorite Features

Mega room in the cab and rear section. Handling and smooth ride