2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Mega Cab Savior
By Mike on 04/15/10 14:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is not great on gas mileage (rual driving avg 14.3 mpg) but has gotten us out of plenty of jams and is great for family camping trips. I have pulled cars sideways out of the mud while I was in the mud (great traction even with heavy and difficult load to pull). The best feature of this truck though is the internal space, you have to see it from the inside to grasp how big it actually is (comfortably fits 5 full grown men for long trips).

One Strong Performer
By H. F. Espinoza on 05/25/09 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Hands down the most powerful truck I've ever owned. This truck is a top performer with the carrying and pulling capacity of a deisel. Pulls a trailer full of quads, loaded down with minimal effort. You'd hardly know you were pulling a trailer if were not for the rearview mirrors. Never owned a Dodge before this one. Mega Cab has the most spacious rear seat, great for long hauls. Mega cab styling is a head turner and powerful hemi an added bonus. I purchased this truck for my wife who has always driven SUV's. She wanted it for the long trips to Baja and the Grand Mesa in Colorado. I wanted it for pulling five full size quads plus trailer. Fuel economy? Minimal but acceptable. Santa Ana, Ca.

My First Dodge
By MikeinSA on 12/09/06 07:43 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Ford, Chevy, GMC, Toyota, and Nissan Titan. So I figured why not Dodge? I purchased a 2006 SLT Mega cab 2WD with the 5.7 Hemi. After my purchase co-workers were telling me "That Hemi is a gas hog". I guess that if you are used to driving a Honda Civic or one of the hybrid vehicles that would be a true statement. However if you are in the market for a full size truck you expect that 40- 50 mpg is not in your sights. I currently have 2675 miles on it. and average (with conservative driving habits) about 13.6 mpg city and 17.5 Hwy. Not bad for a 3/4 ton truck. Pulling a tandem axle trailer loaded I recieved approx 9 MPG.

'06 Mega Cab
By mmmiller53 on 07/06/06 05:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Replaced my '01 Ford F-150 SuperCrew with this '06 Mega Cab. A lot more truck in just about every way. After 3 months and 4000 miles I'm not disappointed. Great to drive, a super comfortable interior, good styling, and reasonable mileage given its size and weight. Since mileage seems to be everyone's biggest issue, I'm getting right at 12mpg in mixed driving around town and to work, and just got three consecutive tanks between 15-16 on a 1400 mile round trip to Wisconsin. Again, not bad given the truck weighs 6000+. Overall, I'm very happy with my decision to buy this truck.

Mega Cab - WOW!
By George on 06/20/06 15:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Talk about comfort. This one's got it. Reclining rear seats (the kids love it), very roomy; and plenty of power for it to get out of its own way and blow the others away. This is my 6th Dodge truck and by far the best!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.