2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Big Horn-4 Doors Does Not a Wimpy Truck
By justabeegirl on 01/18/07 16:26 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

When my '99 Durango was closing in on the 70k mark and since I really and truly loathed the new style Durangos and had no need for 3rd row seating, a Quad Cab 4x4 would suit my needs just as well as my 'Rango plus w/Hemi power. It could be a blast. Keep in mind, in Aug of '05 I bought #2436 of '05s 4263 produced Rumble Bees. My Bee is a std cab and I didn't know if my 4 ft longer girl would meet expectations. This new Hemi MDS engine thing for '06-its a fallacy. I still get 24-26 on the hiway just like my Bee. I lucked out on price tho. $41k down to $29k because the guy who ordered her refused delivery- she's decked out like a Hemi Sport-Hood Scoop; skirts, and chromed to die for.

Great Truck
By W. Rausch on 09/23/06 20:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It has a great ride, good performance and sharp looks. Mine has the optional sunroof, MOPAR exhaust system, chrome tubular running boards, spray-in bedliner, and chrome bug shield.

Very nice truck if you can feed it
By pdeagle on 09/16/06 07:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have enjoyed the truck. Solid truck and I'm very satisfied with the exception of fuel mileage around town. Not bad on the road. Much better than my '04 hemi though.

Dodge needs better shocks upfront
By mike sab on 08/20/06 19:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Dodge truck is definitely the most agressive looking truck out there today. The only thing I think they could have done better was putting a little better shock and spring set up on the truck. I put Bilstein aftermarket shocks on recently and it has gotten a lot better. Next is a lttle tougher spring. What was Dodge thinking? This isn`t a Cadillac, it`s a truck.

Newest Dodge
By R. Chapman on 07/25/06 05:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love driving the vehicle! For the most part, I bought it for the handling and ride.Fuel mileage is adequate, although not near the advertised 19 mpg highway. I've also noticed the transmission does not shift smoothly. The truck "surges" when shifting up through the gears.

None
By Can Man on 04/25/06 11:40 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, the ride is excellect, the ergonomics have greatly improved over the '05. I traded in my 2004 for this model. 100% better all around

Ram
By Case on 03/30/06 19:03 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have got to say that I love this truck, all the towing power that I need and what an eye turner. with 345 hp enough to show everyone that Dodge has the right idea about building a man's truck!

Laramie Quad Cab 1500
By Bill on 02/24/06 17:40 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a Chevy man but when I drove this truck I just had to have it. Fit, finish, performance are all excellent. Only minus is gas mileage.

Nice truck for '06
By volvodav on 01/01/06 12:11 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I looked at so many trucks finally found my truck st quad cab 4.7 with 5 speed auto .I like the redesign for '06 rides more comfortable than '05 model.I also like the room on the quad cab and being able to take the wife and kids on trips.I traded in an '06 Honda Civic and the build quality is so much better on the Dodge Ram.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.