2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Three Years and still counting.....
By 2006RamCrazy on 07/28/09 19:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Well here's an update on my Ram. I've now had it 37 months and 36,600 miles with no real problems.. I've had to take it in two times...Door mirror was loose and chrome grill peeling.. They replaced both parts. I changed the rear end to a 4.56 so my mileage dropped to 15 but I wanted her to pull and she does just that with the new gears. She pulls our 28' boat effortlessly now. Overall great truck and considering trading it in on a 2009 (my 6th Ram).

service dept. cannot find any problem ?
By amk45 on 06/03/09 07:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

we purchased this truck, only 10,000 miles.does not do this all the time. in the last year have problem shaking,cold start, take off shakes really bad, than goes away,shakes more when we pull the boat, starts shaking when we take off then levels out? now shaking when we turn a corner hanna chryselr cannot find anything wrong, my warranty is about to expire,i even drove the truck in with the boat on it, and they could not get it to shake. could this be a tork converter? could this be the power steering is going bad?

Hidden Horrors
By Ken on 11/06/08 14:15 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck. Not getting the MPG others brag about but acceptable. Very comfortable and easy to drive. Wife not afraid of it.

Better trucks out there
By bobwest on 11/07/07 09:34 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Many problems with this pickup, so far dealer has been good about fixing them. 4-door quad cab not much more than an extended cab with 4-doors. Get mega cab if you really intend to have adults in the back seat.

Get the Hemi!
By nyjetsus on 03/24/07 12:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Checked out F150 and the new Tundra and decided to go with Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the 5.7 Hemi V8. Ram has a better feel for the road. It has a tough, yet elegant look.

Update
By Jess on 01/08/07 19:27 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This Truck is absolutely perfect in every way. No problems at all and has become quite peppy now that it's broken in. I'm averaging 17 mpg's around town and I got 21.6 on a short 500 mile trip. I only use Chevron fuel and Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil. I am extremely pleased with this new Dodge Ram. I can honestly say that this is the best Ram I've owned, ever! My only negative is that the Quad cab Ram is smaller then the Tundra double cab. Need the Mega Cab to get more cab space then Tundra. The Quad cab Ram is bigger in overall size but smaller in cab space.

Frank Truck
By frank on 12/10/06 14:53 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

A good looking truck, inside and out. Came with 20in wheels which make it stand out. And the price was low.

Another Improved Design
By Jess on 08/22/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Dodge Ram and with each newer purchase I see the many improvements that Chrysler does to these trucks. Now that Mercedes is involved these trucks are much better with both fit and finish and design. This 4.7 V-8 is providing me with exceptional mileage at 17 mpg's around town. This is a major improvement over the 13 I got in my 2000 Ram with the 318. Overall I am very pleased with this truck.

First time Buyer
By Nathan on 04/30/06 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I really like the design of this truck. Its easy to get in and out of. Interior is very durable and comfortable. Very smooth over bumps and potholes. Great storage place under the rear seat, and the cup holders are great too.

Truck lovin
By vickie on 09/06/05 17:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This has turned out to be not only a beautiful truck,but a very dependable one. It's fun to drive, great towing ability and it looks so tough

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.