Second time
By TRode on
2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)
This is my second Ram, had an 2003 SLT RW drive. Use primarily for towing boat and travel trailer, never thought the trailer towing package did not include limited slip rear, but true! One or two days on the ramp when wet told me I needed 4X4. Now have the Laramie package and 4X4. Love the truck, '05 has much less engine roar than 03 (Hemi in both), sometimes miss it but appreciated on long trips. Towing is the ticket with this truck, will tow anything, anywhere! Currently pull 28 ft travel trailer (6800 lbs) and 24 ft boat (6000 lbs) and get between 10-11 mpg!! Have to go 55-60 to do that and not "hemi" away from lights, as my wife would say. Used to get 6-7 with Chev 1500 w/350.
Favorite Features
Hemi, what can I say, Chevy 5.7 does not even come close. Looks are great, ride comfort acceptable for truck, the 4X4 noticably stiffer than first truck. Love the mpg towing. This is the right tool for my job. Flat floor fold down in rear handy for hauling.
Suggested Improvements
Factory bed liner should wrap over top rail of bed. Rear seat could be more comfortable, with some slant to seat back needed. Carpet, even in laramie, cheap thin crap.