Ram SRT-10
By Ronnie on
2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)
When I saw my Ram SRT I fell in love with the way it looked. It looks like it is flying when it is just sitting still. The front of the truck is unlike any other truck out there, being styled very aggressive looking and shouting get out of my way. The interior is actually very comfortable and stylish. The performance of the truck is the main reason I had to have it. The Viper drivetrain is the heart of the truck which makes it a beast. I have driven the truck on small trips to visit family which is 130 miles round trip. The speed limit is 55 mph the entire trip. The truck has averaged 16.5 to 17.8 mpg at a constant speed of 62 mph in 6th gear at 1400 rpm several times. Highway miles only!
Favorite Features
The best feature is the insane power from the viper v-10 motor and the 6 speed gear box. My truck was also ordered with a 4:56 diff instead of the stock 4:11 which really gives it some serious low end grunt. The suspension and brakes really make this truck handle like a serious sports car.
Suggested Improvements
The only complaint I have is the excessive brake dust on the 22" wheels even after a fresh cleaning and a short trip to the local HD. The amount of dust seems a little excessive, but the dealer told me that this is normal with a performance brake.