Noisy ride.
By Ken Wickstrom on
2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)
I've noticed that on a windy day you must turn up the radio to block out the outside noise. I'm always checking the doors to see if they are closed tight. It seems like the manufacturer forgot to complete the rubber seal on the doors, although the seals all seem to be attached. I've noticed when the cruise control is on the speed fluxuates sometimes ten to twenty miles an hour on uneven roadways. I've also noticed a slipping or some unexplained shift problem between second and third gear while the transmission upshifts during acceleration.
Favorite Features
My truck has a lot of power for only a 4.7 V-8. Interior is very nice in the Laramie quad cabs.
Suggested Improvements
I've never owned a vehicle that didn't display the time of day when the radio is on. You must turn off the radio to see the time display. Odd! Multiple CD changers should be in all new Dodge trucks. Not an optional item.
By jakebrake6
on 02/16/14 09:21 AM (PST)

Ken Iv Noticed the wind noise in mine to I thought I had a door not sealing good in back dodge slipped up Proper Sound Deadening In rear Iv also noticed The Small Chatter Between 2nd And Third I Noticed It Last Night When I Was Barley Accelerating It Chattered Just A Little But That's All Iv Noticed So Far On Mine Cruise Seems To Work Fine Iv Got A 2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT I Love That Truck For The Last 7 Years Plus Id Been In A Car Then A Ford Ranger For The Last 3 1/2 yrs I have to get back in a full sized truck Im a ford guy but Always Liked The Dodge when I found The 05 I Had Found My Next Truck Iv Had It all Of A week now and you could not get me to let go of it