Never again!
By 1ruger4570 on
2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)
I Bought this truck because I had heard good things about the new Dodge trucks in 2005. I have regretted it. Problems include: EGR valve, rough idle (fuel filter is attached to the fuel pump, replacement of one means replacement of both) the adjustable driver's seat track has broken five times in 39,000 miles. When the seat track breaks the seat freely travels back and forth upon acceleration or braking (dangerous and painful). Dodge has told me that they do not care. Their very high up management has told me that the safety of one person is not that important to them since there have not been many other complaints. Never again will I buy a Dodge. They do not believe in their product.
Favorite Features
Great styling. Great room for driver. Very comfortable to drive. Premium cloth seating is very nice and comfortable. Boxed frame seems sufficiently strong. Relatively quiet and smooth ride.
Suggested Improvements
larger back seat. Fix the EGR system. Beef up the front suspension and steering. Doors howl very loud in a cross-wind. Fix the crummy design of the adjustable bucket seating. Realize that the consumer's safety is very important or payback the American people's money and go out of business.