My Ride
By John Rought on
2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)
I am 6'4" tall and need the extra room. This truck fits the larger driver with ample leg and head room. From the first test drive to the last drive home, you have a feeling of riding in your easy chair. Plenty of power with the HEMI V8 engine. Shift down into passing gear and just listen to the roar of power. I love the full 8' bed. It really adds to a great ride with the longer wheel base, and of course makes hauling easier too. The ease of going from 2 to 4 wheel drive is like turning on the radio. With the 6 disc CD player and infinity sound system it's like a concert in your truck. I love the back seat under storage area for keeping things handy yet out of sight. I recomend this one!
Favorite Features
The comfort of the seats, the way they support the back, it's like wraping you in. The comfort of the ride is very good for a truck. The full size bed. The stereo system. The HEMI! The under seat storage, and fold flat metal floor for hauling inside the truck. The 4 wheel drive transfer knob. Power!
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage would be nice, but not at a loss of performance. I would like to see an over the windshield storage/instrument console like on custom vans. Even more head room for taller drivers. I have a little trouble getting into the cab without hitting my head on the door frame.