Impressed with Dodge
By first dodge on
2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)
My first Dodge got off to a poor start. On the third day of ownership I noticed a large puddle of oil under the truck. After having to wait a couple of days to get the truck in for service a “hole” was found in the front wheel differential (4x4). I was given a free loaner and 8 days later I got my new truck back. It has been trouble free since. The 5.7 Hemi makes good power and sounds great (and no complaints on mileage), nice shifting 5 speed automatic, comfortable automobile like ride, rock solid build quality and plenty of well thought out in cabin storage. It beats my previous Chevy and Ford trucks hands down, I’m sold!
Favorite Features
5.7 Hemi, optional 34 gallon gas tank, big truck aggressive look, it has a nice ride good handling and sharp steering (for a truck), in cabin storage, solid build (no rattles or squeaks), 20" wheels.
Suggested Improvements
Optional GPS navigation not up to par with other systems, radio and GPS display when in auto mode and odometer become unreadable if you need to turn your lights on during the day, gear selector a bit ergonomically awkward.