2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Excellent
By Fausto on 02/02/05 23:58 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have the 4 dr, short bed with a Hemi engine in it and it is great. Good gas mileage and great performance. Have had no problems with it whatsoever. I've had a Ford and Chevy and nothing can compare. I love it a lot and would recommend it not only for its power, but for its comfort and maneuverability. Great! Great! Great!

Slider's viewpoint
By slider on 02/02/05 22:08 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Have had my Dodge a little over 1 year and approx. 10k miles. This vehicle continues to impress me with its overall fit & finish, plenty of power, excellent ergonomics, and beautiful interior. It leaves me with nothing to be desired.

Dodge Hemi 1500 Quad Cab- Dream Truck
By kevin berg on 02/02/05 21:50 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Truck rides like a dream. Spacious, comfortable, easily seats 4 adults (2 men & 2 women). Last time I drove something with this much raw power was in college- an Olds. 442! It's so much fun to drive, I make excuses to go places in spite of the horrible gas mileage! It's both a work truck and a truck for a night on the town...Handles like a sports car both in town and on the road. Definitely worth the extra cost of gas.

Ram 1500 Quad w/ Hemi
By alias on 01/19/05 08:05 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Moved up from a Dakota. Nice ride, great improvement, better mileage than the 6 cyl. Dakota.

Dealers cannot repair problems
By John Lotak on 01/09/05 23:56 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I used to love driving the truck.The vehicle looks great and is very comfortable.The truck drove trouble free for almost exactly one year.I own the top of the line HEMI four door with all of the options except leather interior, due to personal choice. I used to be very happy with the performance and a very proud owner. The computer burned up along with two ignition coils and a bunch of fuses. The selling dealer repaired the damage, and ever since the mighty HEMI performs like a V6. I have brought it back for diagnosis, and their response is nothing is wrong. I have even brought it to another dealer. No luck in fixing the problem. It is a shame it is my first Dodge/Chrysler and probably last.

Ford man who bought a Hemi
By James's Hemi on 01/05/05 15:44 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My experience from my Dodge has been great. My dodge gets more looks and comments from more people then a supermodel. The engine "Hemi of course" has plenty of power to get you 0-60 in quick time but I recommend the optional 34 Gallon fuel tank because the MPG sucks at my average of 11.4. Cruzing at 55-60 miles per hour without stopping I get great milage. Seats are very comfortible in both front and rear. 20" wheels and Tires pick up every nail and screw it can find but looks great on the truck. Exterior nerf Steps made the wife to be like the truck better and we both wish we upgraded the stero system to the Infinity 11 Speakers system. Road noise and ride is very much Average.

Impressed with Dodge
By first dodge on 01/04/05 01:38 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My first Dodge got off to a poor start. On the third day of ownership I noticed a large puddle of oil under the truck. After having to wait a couple of days to get the truck in for service a “hole” was found in the front wheel differential (4x4). I was given a free loaner and 8 days later I got my new truck back. It has been trouble free since. The 5.7 Hemi makes good power and sounds great (and no complaints on mileage), nice shifting 5 speed automatic, comfortable automobile like ride, rock solid build quality and plenty of well thought out in cabin storage. It beats my previous Chevy and Ford trucks hands down, I’m sold!

powerful dodge
By bountyhunter on 12/25/04 21:06 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

good running truck and extremely powerful

I love my truck
By nbrskhskr on 11/29/04 10:13 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a changed man. I used to buy GM vehicles but I am a Dodge man now. There are a couple things I don't like about the interior. If I am sitting in the driver's seat comfortably, I can't reach the radio and AC/Heater controls without leaving forward. The short bed is kind of a pain but it isn't the end of the world. It has all sorts of power and torque. I would recommend it to anyone just be prepared to spend $40 everytime you fill up the 26 gallon tank (about every 350 miles).

ram 1500
By fireblade02 on 11/17/04 05:42 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

A good solid truck with spectacular styling, the 4.7 ram lacks a little in the power department and gets horrible gas mileage. the 5.7 hemi is a much better choice. the truck rides nice and looks great standing still. And Dodge still beats anyones price around. A good looking truck for a great value.