Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

1 MPG per Cylinder
By Up in Smoke

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

What a fun truck. It is without a doubt the baddest truck ever built. My biggest complaint is when people ask me how I like that Hemi engine. Maybe if the "viper powered" decal was bigger that wouldn't happen. Brakes are the best of any car, let alone truck out there. handling is great, for a truck. Ride is stiff, but not bad. I'd rather tow with my diesel Ram, so I do. The SRT is just for hauling around town. 0-60 is good, 0-120 is great, 70- 120, not so good, but it is a heavy brick wall to move through the air at those speeds. Buy one and step up, this is the only truck a true "car-guy" can drive.

Brakes, wheels, seatd, and of course the engine under that hood. A Viper is an Icon, the fact that it's motor (with almost no modifications) is under the hood of a truck is something only MOPAR could/would do.

More power, always more power. the Quad cabs need am extra gear or 2. The 6- speeds in Reg Cabs have better/more ratios to enjoy the power. the auto trans only has 4 gears, should have at least 5, 6 would be great. I guess I'll just get a gear vendor put on mine and end up with 8 gears

2005 4X4 RAM
By Ed Skinner

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

With 53K plus miles so far, very satisfied. Manufacturer over-torqued front wheels so rotors got warped. Dodge mechanic states valve train noise is normal. Stock tires are a little "floaty" on curves with bumps. No out of pocket expenses yet other than maintenence.

Power, room, ride, looks.

Freeway gas mileage, preferably with six or seven speed trans. Of course more H.P.!

I would marry this truck!
By Better than a man...

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I absolutly love this truck. The looks you get, the power it has. This truck will put you back in your seat! I don't think I will ever sell it. I got the black one and it looks really sharp, but hard to keep clean. That is the only thing I would change.

I love the engine, tires, rims, hood, everything!

Something to make the interior look a little more like the rest of the truck!

Dodge Bighorn
By Lost Again

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Very comfortable truck. Seats give lots of support for long trips. Plenty of power for towing. Not a single warranty problem since purchase

Comfortable, pleanty of power, good visibility.

Offer extended cab version

Ford guy buys Dodge instead
By Axel Z

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have always grown up with Ford trucks. I drove a new F150 and was not impressed. Not much of a Chevy fan. Real trucks don't wear bowties! Had a few smaller Nissan trucks also. Titan was a close second but much more in price. I rented one and that sealed the deal. Hemi has great power and gas mileage is decent for size and power. For short distances, not so good 11- 13mpg. Highway I have had up to 22mpg avg is 18-20!

Exterior looks, 20" wheels, hemi power, fit and finish. Cabin seals up tight.

Signal on mirrors, power rear slider/defroster. Back up sensors!