2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
'05 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi Reg Cab
By Scott on 10/24/05 00:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

So far so good, engine takes awile to break in for better gas milage (I have a Hemi) I noticed an improvement at about 5000 miles and a slight improvement at 10,000 miles. I get 14 city and 17 Hwy at 11,000 miles. Have trans issue, see suggested improvements.

Hemi power
By daniel on 10/06/05 22:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love the overall look of the truck. The truck pulls like a freight train. The Hemi is great and has a great exhaust note to it. It's a pain in the you know what to park but you get use to it. the interior space is outrageous can fit 4 people in the back seat comfortably, same with the front all though the drivers view is limited. The hemi is really responsive the slight it tap and it don’t miss a beat. The limited slip differential comes in handy when u gun it.overall I think the truck its great but shorter drivers may have trouble seeing. And the truck is a ways off the ground so it is best if you got running boards. The gas mileage stinks out loud.

Ram
By Willz on 09/30/05 17:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Best truck I have ever owned. I have had Fords for the last 15 years. Dodge has the best pickup in the 1500 class

1 Fast truck
By OCBob on 09/29/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

You can write a review of this truck with just 3 letters, fun! Since buying the truck my C5 vette has been sitting in the garage gathering dust. This truck is just too much fun to park!

Dodge Ram 1500
By Jodie Lott on 09/25/05 19:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Dodge Ram 1500 is by far the best value in the full size market. A great looking truck that can work hard and is also affordable.

Hemi, Hemi, Hemi
By neturkey on 09/18/05 12:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The 5.7 Hemi is the best thing that ever happened to a pickup. It gives a real boost when you are wanting to get from here to there right now. 4door quadcad, although not quite as spacious as the Ford F150 crew cab, is still plenty roomy for most folks, and the optional flat floor provision makes secure dry storage (for groceries and such) very handy. A recent road trip delivered outstanding mileage, with the trip computer recording 21mpg(!) at one point across Kansas. My truck is a 2005 Ram 1500 SLT quadcab with 2wd and towing package. I like this truck.

Pure Power
By Misterrite on 09/18/05 00:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Awesome Truck... Demands attention everywhere it goes. People of all ages seem to enjoy the looks of this truck.

Wow!
By Jack on 08/28/05 15:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Shifting (flat) from 1st to 2nd has to be, I don't know, just WOW. This truck handles like no truck I've ever been in and better than most cars. The heck with the gas prices, I love this Truck. Didn't think I would like shifting again but as for now it's fun again. MoPar did it right with the SRT-10.

'05 Dodge 1500: A great truck so far!
By Patrick McLeod on 08/28/05 10:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've had it for only 2 months (2300 miles), but so far it has run great, and it drives very comfortably for a 4x4 truck. I use it in my landscape design business, but it is also my primary vehicle. I will write another review in a few years on this same truck, hopefully with the same positive comments!

Unbelievable Fuel Economy with Non-Hemi
By RamTuffCowboy on 08/25/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My Ram is driven on interstates and if I keep my speed reasonable, I can consistently get 20+ mpg. Have had as high as 24 with a tail wind. For this size vehicle, this tuff looking truck is amazingly economical with gas. Getting ready to trade and considering something smaller but why give up full size luxury and ride to pick up 1-2 mpg, if that. Love my RAM and will probably by another, but not a Hemi. Get the 4.7 v8.