2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
So far, so good
By Matt Money on 05/23/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have driven Ford trucks for over 18 years until last year when I had several unpleasant experiences at Ford dealers and with my most recent Ford product. So I switched to Dodge, and so far, that was an excellent choice. If you purchase the "Hemi" and the 3.92 rear, you can't go wrong for towing. Ford could take lessons from this. If I get my usual 150,000- 200,000 miles, I'll stay a changed man.

Super fun, and a workhorse for towing.
By rick higgins on 05/19/05 09:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle to fill our needs for towing a 5000lbs boat and also a 5000lbs travel trailer. The 5.7L Hemi is the choice for us due to its power of 345hp and 375ft/lbs of torque. When you drive this truck you immediately notice the power when you accelerate. After driving other brands before purchasing, we feel very confident in our selection. This truck handles our towing needs very well.

Great truck
By troy on 05/15/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is so much fun to drive! The mileage isn't that bad for the power. This truck has the best build quality of any Chrysler product I've ever seen.

Dodge Ram 1500
By B.Skaggs on 05/08/05 11:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I feel it has plenty of room in the cab, both front and rear. Interior is very comfortable for driver as well as passengers. Smooth body lines to the eye. Its stance is very acceptable. Power is definitely there with the Hemi V-8. The front grill just screams "get out of my way."

"Hemi-ness Is A Warm Run"
By Ron on 04/28/05 05:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is a great truck! Purchased the Laramie w/Sport Pkg, 4WD, Quad Cab. My 3rd Dodge truck since '98. Moved up from Dakotas. The Hemi is strong even at our Colorado elevation of 6,000ft plus. Even more impressive at sea level. Drove it to California and back, averaged 17.3mpg cruising at 75mph. Tight build quality, good materials, very smooth on the freeway and around town. Brake grip is quick. Quiet, great Nav/CD/Radio/Sat system. Infinity sound is impressive. Controls on the steering wheel for Cruise&Audio perfectly placed. Rated it w/9s for Ride/Drive because anything can be improved, and 5 for Fuel because that's average for big trucks. Gave it straight 10s for Design, it's that good! Buy it!

Hemi-power
By Frankg on 04/06/05 08:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck has it all, it's great for riding around the country and it's extremely handy when just running errands around town. The best thing is it can tow a boatload of stuff and the boat or whatever you want to hook-up to. Mine has the 5.7L Hemi. If I had to make the choice again I would still get it with gas at $2.37 a gallon. There is no substitute for a well made engine with great reliability. The truck itself has great visibility and looks sharp.

Love my RAM Quad
By 2005 Dodge RAM 4x4 on 04/02/05 22:51 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Very nice truck, this is the second Dodge truck that I have purchased new and I doubt that it will be the last. We love the Atlantic pearl blue color and the body styling. The standard V8 has plenty of power and don't seem to be too bad on gas.

My Ride
By John Rought on 02/19/05 11:35 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am 6'4" tall and need the extra room. This truck fits the larger driver with ample leg and head room. From the first test drive to the last drive home, you have a feeling of riding in your easy chair. Plenty of power with the HEMI V8 engine. Shift down into passing gear and just listen to the roar of power. I love the full 8' bed. It really adds to a great ride with the longer wheel base, and of course makes hauling easier too. The ease of going from 2 to 4 wheel drive is like turning on the radio. With the 6 disc CD player and infinity sound system it's like a concert in your truck. I love the back seat under storage area for keeping things handy yet out of sight. I recomend this one!

Finally i got one
By gamagatsu1 on 02/18/05 01:19 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Just got my 05 Quad Cab SLT 4x4 Molten Red after many months of looking and comparing the Ram to the Titan. I decided on the Ram because of the price. The power is nice and it is quieter inside than the Titan. I also like the extra length in the bed. Overall it is very comfortable.

Best Truck I've Ever Owned
By Jaydemon411 on 02/03/05 03:26 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned Chevys and Ford Pick-ups and I can honestly say that my Dodge Quad Cab takes the cake. The steering handles and reacts like a sports car. The brakes stop on a dime. It dosen't even feel like a truck ride. It has a very smooth ride due to superior suspension. Very spacious and comfortable - like having a luxury car that can haul and go off-road. I am now a loyal Dodge patron and would never think of buying another brand of truck.