Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Gramps Gotta Hemi
By Thumper

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

To and from work, about 13.1 mpg mixed driving. The hemi is fun very few people try the "right lane run up" when the lane is running out, great for passing. Use for light hauling, haven't tried the trailer package out yet. Ride is good for a truck, fit and finish now complaints. Rear seat accomodates grand daughters car seat with no problems (had to buy the quad cab, she can't be in front sear yet, hey it was a great excuse) Live in the metro Detroit area, no problem with snow. Thumper says welcome to Detroit, drive it like ya stole it.

Favorite Features

Has to be the hemi.

Suggested Improvements

Any chance of a factory nitrous on this?

Sweet
By Buckeye

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Hemi is sweet. Had to learn not to punch it until I swung out to pass because it gets it right now. Ride is pleasant and is a blast to drive. Some vibration at certain speeds but mild and is a 4X4. Paint quaility could be improved. Gas mileage is around 16 highway so far. 4X4 so far works great. Less expensive than a comparable equiped F150 by significant dollars. Much better look than Chevy.

Favorite Features

Hemi, appearance

Suggested Improvements

Paint quality

23 mpg stock
By Fred

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in an aging Jeep Wrangler for this when Dodge was doing the employee discount option for anyone. I am still learning how to park this monster even after having it for several months. Just today, my average mileage (mostly hiway) on this all stock truck was 23 MPG. I was shocked! The onboard computer was indicating 17 MPG. Keep your foot out of the throttle and this truck will get decent mileage. When accelerating, I typically do not exceed 2000 RPM. Believe me, this is hard to do since Hemi sounds soo nice at wide open throttle.

Favorite Features

Hemi performance, ride quality, overall ergonomics, factory installed Sirius satelite radio, radio controls on steering wheel, sunroof, flip-up backseats to use the fold-out cargo platforms, tow capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors that automatically tilt down to view the rear wheels when the vehicle is placed into reverse. I do this manually for the passenger mirror when backing.

The Hemi is outstanding
By Monty Greenstreet

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Traded 05 Dakota with powerful 4.7 for Ram 1500 Hemi! Can't go wrong with this powerplant, it's outstanding for sure. It even sounds good with stock exhaust when you hit the gas. The truck rides and handles great. Great choice!

Favorite Features

Hemi makes this truck, and with good handling and great stopping power it's a great package.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a larger glove box

Stepped up from a Toyota
By formerice

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck, totaly impressed with the hemi. Handeling,ride and even fuel economy have been outstanding. I average 17-18 mpg normal driving. About the same as a previous Mazda B3000 4x4 and nearly as good as my old Tacoma v6 4x4. Build quality is as good as the Toyota. I have put Rancho9000's on and handling is great with the big 20" Goodyears. Front GY's at 40K still look new. Rears, can't blame the tires. My first American made truck, been driving Japaneese trucks since 1974. Dodge, you won me over.

Favorite Features

Sound system with the Sirrius is great.Seats are great for long trips. My first truck with an automatic and this one shifts great, crisp and smooth and I can control upshifts and downshifts easily with the throttle. Hemi tows very well for a gas motor, gobs of torque. Works hard and looks mean.

Suggested Improvements

Some of my complaints have been eliminated in the '6's. Hemi with MDS, 6 speed manual, heavier rear springs, I added a leaf, ig improvement, and the Rancho 9000's should be standard. Ok this will never happen, the V6 MB diesel would be a nice option in the 1500 and Dakota if fuel keeps going up.