2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Dodge Ram 1500 Daytona Limited Hemi
By jason andrew on 01/05/06 03:09 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have never owned a pickup truck or actually have a need for a truck- however when i saw the limited edition Ram 1500 Daytona Edition in bright orange at a dealer... I left my Cadillac CTS-V and drove off with this great truck, By far my favorite auto ever owned. The power and handling are supurb, build quality is superior and who can't love that sound of the Hemi engine leaving corvettes at the stop light (in my dust!) The dealer installed extra's helped save me from going out and "pinping my ride"- the truck stops people in thier tracks when they see it. I am converted now, Dodge trucks from here on out. Looks like no other truck on the road. Dwarfs all the lame Chevy and Ford trucks.

Great 4x4
By Bill Nichols on 12/28/05 20:02 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I like my Ram 1500 very much.4.7 engine is all I need to pull my boat and Sea Doo.Gas mileage isn't great,but hey its a 4x4 truck not a mini van.Handles very well and rides nice too.

This truck is awesome
By TIm Bonneville on 12/23/05 09:32 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I have never enjoyed driving a vehicle like this since I was 16 and got my first vehicle. Drives like a sports car and I do not feel like I am scooting along on the ground. Anyone looking for a performance truck should take a serious look at this vehicle.

Ram 1500 Laramie 2WD SWB w/5.7 Hemi V8
By NuHomes on 12/03/05 04:47 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Ram 1500 Laramie with the optional 5.7 Hemi V8 is about as good as it gets driving a full size truck. Awesome power when it counts and loads of "eye- candy" both inside and out, especially with the sport package and 20" chrome wheels. The Ram 1500 is sure to garner lots of admiring glances whether it's on the move or just parked. With a feeling of quality throughout and lots of attention to detail this machine "out-classes" anything else in it's class. This truck is truly the truck lover's "dream machine".

We have a winner...
By thewolf424 on 11/29/05 23:54 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I spent about 3 weeks looking for the right truck. I looked at Dodge, Chevy, Ford, and Toyota. Dodge trucks have great rebates available on the 05 models that no other company can compare to right now (6500 for regular cab, 6000 for quad). The appearance, inside and out, as well as the smooth ride is what sold me. I don't plan on doing much towing, so I got the 4.7L engine, and it gets down the road just fine. After driving this truck around for the last few weeks, I can see why you are starting to see more and more Dodge Trucks on the road.

Dragon Red Over Silver
By Othello on 11/21/05 20:42 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I wasn't getting anywhere on my 'offer' on a silver one then the dealer said, 'well, we have a red one'..My heart thumped (I wanted red) so I said show it to me. Yeek, very red over silver (I wanted it) will you take my offer? Another hour with two sales mgrs. we agreed on the deal. It was mine. A 2005 Quad Cab 1500. Dang, it's huge. Chrome grill and deflector trim, chrome clad rims..The SLT package with bed liner (I ordered the 'Bling' later from Brown's and a dealer in Tacoma, WA. Actually the dealership is great. They had it since Feb. 05 so it had some detail issues that were cheerfully taken care of. I couldn't have asked for more truck. Seems much larger than my 94' GMC Siera 1500..

Should Have Bought This Sooner!
By Dave on 11/19/05 10:34 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased the last 2005 model the dealer had on the lot. WOW! What a truck. If ever a truck could have too much power (5.7L Hemi)this is it. More standard Horse Power than a Mustang. I have (had) been a Chevy man my whole life. The look, feel, ride, and performance of this truck scream testosterone. PLENTY of room for 6 people (Quad-Cab). I was also informed by the dealer that 2005 is the last year Dodge is offering the 7 Year/70,000 mile powertrain warranty. Sticker on window was $34k but after rebates/incentives drove it off the lot for $22k. It also has the 4WD, SLT package.

Hemi is worth it...
By Toddow on 11/18/05 14:41 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I know the options only give you the 4.7 to review/rate so I'm writing this review here. Finally took a while for me to find the "right" combination of options and color scheme but when I did it was worth it. Hemi is second to none, just wish the bolt-on horsepower options (Air intake system, etc.) weren't so much more for the Hemi as compared to other engines. As of now it presents more than enough power. Envy factor has already made a close friend buy one only two months after I got mine.

Remove before flight
By ibcrazee on 11/10/05 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Hurricane totaled my '04 and i just had to have another. It's roomy, sporty and has unbelievable power. It may not pin you in your seat, but your neck will snap!

Big and Nice
By demac on 11/06/05 02:10 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought because of the dealer price break. Sticker price 21,800 price paid 15,500. Nice after putting work into truck, new rims, new hood, droped the back. The qulity of the bed doesn't seem that great put a dent in the bed with a smaller bass amp.