Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Transmission problem
By jimmydabolt

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I drive 30,000 per year. Transmission is slipping when you first start out or after truck has sat for one hour. The dealer said it was a bad filter. Transmission still slips. I will take it back again. The truck is an '05 with 50,000 miles. I have never towed anything with it.

Hemi

The very best truck ever
By Roger

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I traded my BMW M3 convertible in on this beast and it's one of the best things I ever did. I love this truck. It's a hoot to drive and I enjoy the power. I've added alot of aftermarket things to it such as dual exhaust, a Mopar cold air intake, a sprayed in bed liner, a brush guard on the front, a remote starter, to cool it off in the heat of summer before I get in it and a few other little things that make it uniquely mine. It's great! Seems that a lot of the men that I work with appreciate it too. They're always asking about the things that I've done to it. I'm very proud of my truck

Remote starter, cold air intake, 4 doors, sprayed in bedliner, front brush guard, crome door panel molding, chrome accents, apperance, and the fact that it's Mopar!

Maybe a little better back seat. more padded, and the ability to adjust the recline on the back rest of the rear seat. Everything else is great!

This truck has no dull points
By dodge5562

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck has been a blast for me to drive around town and on the highways. The coolest moments about driving this truck has been when I'm at a dead stop and I take off screeching the tires and everyone turns their heads. The Hemi realy does command respect. But driving my truck would be whole lot more enjoyable if it was not for those high gas prices, they cost me about 60 dallors to fill up now. Though even if I got one of those smaller engines I still would be hurt (but not as much) so I will just stick with what I got and hope gas does not go up any more.

My favorite features about this vehicle would be the style of the controls in center of the dash board and basicly the whole layout of of the truck interior. The Hemi would be my biggest like about this truck if I just had to pick one.

The grille in the front can be a little smaller to give it that cool sleek feel that Dodge fans fell in love with like in the 1994-2001 models.

Every Boy's Dream
By doc

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've enjoyed owning my Ram Quad Magnum. I have wanted the new body design since its inception in the mid 90's. I am impressed by the interior room, cab design, and location of the instruments.

I love the dual exhaust, aftermarket. I love the clarity of the instrument cluster. I love the overall profile of my Ram, especially from the front.

Mandatory visor mirrors. More hanger hooks. Mandatory mud guards and tow hitch.

Outstanding Truck!
By Ken

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Fuel mileage could be a little better, but if you keep your foot out of it you can get 21MPG on the highway. About 16 on my highway commute. Shocks could be a little stiffer, but it's obviously tuned for highway comfort. I drove the Chevy and Ford comparable trucks, and I thought the Dodge was the most truck for the money.

My wife loves the under seat storage places, especially for her purse when she doesn't want to carry it around with her.

There is a blind spot when looking out the front passengers side window. Between the door post and the mirror, there is more than enough room for a small car to hide in the blind spot. I've nearly been in an accident because I didn't see a small car coming with the mirror in the way.