2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
My first Dodge
By O5 Ram on 08/09/05 14:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I just bought my '05 ram and I absolutely love it. It sits tall on the 20" inch factory rims. It's my first pickup and I would highly recommend for others to buy it

Yeah its got a Hemi
By eddybauer1 on 08/09/05 14:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Hemi is a awesome engine, Ignore Consumer Reports "over hyped" comment in their review, if the Hemi was in a Ford they would be bragging that engine up. The engine is really that good. The interior fit and finnish is top notch, light years ahead of GM anything, including their luxed out Escalade. The handling in the 1500 is really good, almost car like. I have been getting about 19 mpg highway and 14 mpg city driving with the Hemi 1500 4x4, thats driving with a light pedal. Put your foot into it and it will get around 11 mpg city

Love the Hemi
By gus on 07/31/05 02:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My Dodge is a very good-looking and strong running truck. love the Hmi, but the 5 speed auto leaves much to be desired! I smell a new trannyin this one before it' over. I have already had it reprogrammed at 5000 miles and it still isn' right. If Dodge would fix their transmission issues, they would sell many more of these hotrods!

Great Truck & fun to Drive!
By Dan S on 07/27/05 20:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck for the money especially with the employee discount & rebates. Great ride and handles effortlessly.

Ford Driver Changes to Dodge
By Paul on 07/23/05 19:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

What a truck! The Hemi is well worth the extra cost. The comfort of the leather and interior room makes the Quad Cab worth it. I have had Ford Trucks in the past and I decided I was going to try the Dodge. Good choice! I have fallen in love with the looks, performance, and comfort of the truck.

Hemi Hauler
By gebrown1 on 07/20/05 18:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Only truck I have ever owned that makes you smile every time you punch that accelerator. Very quiet interior, but when you accelerate you hear the low rumble of the Hemi straining to be unleashed. Overall, a wonderfull machine.

Satisfied
By Duncan B. Dunn on 07/19/05 06:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The overall looks of the 1500 sold me on this truck. It stands out among anything offered today. Dodge has a winner in design, comfort and quality. I reccomend anyone looking at buying a pickup look at Dodge.

Gotta be a Hemi
By HEMI POWER on 07/15/05 15:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I never owned a truck before, but I bought the 1500 with the Hemi and love it. It fits me perfectly with plenty of room in the front for me and the wife and plenty of room for the kids in the back. The power of the Hemi is great. The look of the Dodge 1500 is great too.

There are others out there...
By AJF on 07/13/05 16:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

It's a nice looking truck, but extremely poorly detailed truck. As I drove off the lot, there were problems! Visor clip fell off. Front torsion bars needed to be replaced (with 500 miles on it). The radiator cap lost its seal, all fluid drained. I was told it "must have been a defective part". Door moulding is falling off. Truck has two shades of paint on it from front doors to rear doors. I have had it aligned three times and it still pulls to the right. Dinged the rear bumper, found it to be made from aluminum foil - or pretty close. I suggest you test drive one as well as a Chevy and a Ford.

Love the looks
By RLR4818 on 06/21/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Rugged yet comfortable. The high up cabin makes you feel like the "King of the Road". Small glove box, but armrest storage makes up for it. Nice ride, good acceleration. I chose the 4.7 V8 over the Hemi. Good choice, as it averages 15-16 mpg vs the 10-11 for the Hemi. No defects so far. Overall I am very satisfied.