2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
23 mpg stock
By Fred on 06/01/06 12:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in an aging Jeep Wrangler for this when Dodge was doing the employee discount option for anyone. I am still learning how to park this monster even after having it for several months. Just today, my average mileage (mostly hiway) on this all stock truck was 23 MPG. I was shocked! The onboard computer was indicating 17 MPG. Keep your foot out of the throttle and this truck will get decent mileage. When accelerating, I typically do not exceed 2000 RPM. Believe me, this is hard to do since Hemi sounds soo nice at wide open throttle.

The Hemi is outstanding
By Monty Greenstreet on 05/20/06 08:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Traded 05 Dakota with powerful 4.7 for Ram 1500 Hemi! Can't go wrong with this powerplant, it's outstanding for sure. It even sounds good with stock exhaust when you hit the gas. The truck rides and handles great. Great choice!

Ram SRT10 is a BLAST!
By SWAF on 05/19/06 10:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is so much fun! The engine is incredible, the shifts are fairly short considering the length of the lever. Stereo is pretty good, the sub will make the rear view mirror a little tough to see on the heavy bass - worth it to enjoy the good vibrations. So far gas mileage has been pretty good, much better than expected. Handling has also been very positive as have the very comfortable and supportive seats. Hope the quality holds up, so far so good.

Muscle Truck
By VIPERAM on 05/07/06 16:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought the truck 2 months ago and cannot believe that I used to to think my Vortec 454 Chevy was powerful. This truck is awesome to say the least. The V10, 22" wheels, 500 watt stereo, stainless steel trim package are all great. Some owners complain about the mileage, I didn't buy the SRT because it was fuel efficient I bought it because it was fun. I am 40 years old and the truck is one of the fastest vehicles I have ever driven and the fastest I have ever owned. Nice job Dodge!

Stepped up from a Toyota
By formerice on 04/30/06 15:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck, totaly impressed with the hemi. Handeling,ride and even fuel economy have been outstanding. I average 17-18 mpg normal driving. About the same as a previous Mazda B3000 4x4 and nearly as good as my old Tacoma v6 4x4. Build quality is as good as the Toyota. I have put Rancho9000's on and handling is great with the big 20" Goodyears. Front GY's at 40K still look new. Rears, can't blame the tires. My first American made truck, been driving Japaneese trucks since 1974. Dodge, you won me over.

Ram SRT-10
By Ronnie on 03/11/06 06:20 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

When I saw my Ram SRT I fell in love with the way it looked. It looks like it is flying when it is just sitting still. The front of the truck is unlike any other truck out there, being styled very aggressive looking and shouting get out of my way. The interior is actually very comfortable and stylish. The performance of the truck is the main reason I had to have it. The Viper drivetrain is the heart of the truck which makes it a beast. I have driven the truck on small trips to visit family which is 130 miles round trip. The speed limit is 55 mph the entire trip. The truck has averaged 16.5 to 17.8 mpg at a constant speed of 62 mph in 6th gear at 1400 rpm several times. Highway miles only!

Hemi Ram Rocks
By scott on 02/03/06 07:57 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second of the current generation of Ram. The first was a 2002 Quad Cab with a 5.9 V8. Great truck. This one is even better with a Hemi and 5 speed auto transmission. Very reliable and fun to drive. I recently had to rent a 2006 Chevy Silverado and could not wait to get back into the Dodge. It out performed the Chevy in almost every way. I will buy another one for sure.

SRT10 smokes
By BOB on 01/29/06 20:42 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Hands down this truck sets the curve.. personally I would like all that power and performance in a 4x4 .This is my first truck not a 4x4. and was aprehensive, but I am happy with the performance. I know however the day will come when it is stuck on the job site and I am looking for another powered axle. but until then, giddy up!

The Best Truck Ever
By Adrian on 01/25/06 18:23 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

This truck is fun to drive. One can feel the power as soon as you start it. Not all cars give you the same feel. My wife has the Porsche Cayenne Turbo and it doesn't come close, it just doesn't feel lke a true 500hp car. With this Dodge baby you know what you have under the hood. The driving is great, although, the turns are a bit wider than most trucks. The only compaint I get from my wife is that the seats are not very comfortable for long travel, and the gas usage, well let's put it this way, those who buy this type of trucks really shouldn't care about that, we know is high, but this truck is a luxury. Last word, this truck make you feel like you're driving a nascar.

The Thunder Rolls
By SCox82 on 01/14/06 16:05 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Traded in my 2004 Ram 4.7L SLT Quad Cab for an '05 w/ a Hemi. This truck will pull a tree out of the ground! The most powerful gas V8 I've driven by far. Gas mileage not so good but come on it's a truck w/ power. What do you expect? Truck rides smooth and doesn't miss a beat going up hills on the highway. Should have went with the Hemi to begin with b/c there is a great difference in power and the gas mileage doesn't differ a whole lot.