Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Lemon?
By mx_286

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this pickup for almost 3 years, bought brand new. Fried tranny at 9000, dealership told me a piece broke off the pump and clogged the cooler. New transfer case and front differential at 26000, no explanation. Now at 35000 power steering has a horrible leak in it. This pickup has seen almost all highway miles and regular maintenance.

The Hemi does seem to have decent power especially for the little bit that I pull. Like the overall look of the pickup.

Reliability, lacks a few creature comforts when compared with a GM. Hemi does guzzle gas, but what was I to expect.

My new to me Ram 1500
By Hot Pockets

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I wanted to get back into a truck, so I started researching different trucks online. I've had 3 Ford's, 2 Chevy's, 2 Jeep's and 1 Nissan Frontier. I'm really a Ford guy, but their gas mileage stinks! Dodge's popped up and I saw that they get better gas mileage than my Grand Cherokee. I've had my '05 1500 for a week now and I love it. I got the Hemi and the gas mileage is actually pretty good. My Dad is a Die-hard Ford guy and just bought a brand new F150 and now wants to trade it in for a Ram because he likes mine so much. I test drove a few 4.7L Ram's and if you really are looking for the best gas mileage out of any trucks, that's the one to get. It's not the same as the Hemi, but it'll go!

Just as roomy as the Ford's and way more roomy than the Chevy's. The performance (speed & handling). The look of the truck.

The only improvement I would suggest is level the front end from the factory.

Second time
By TRode

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Ram, had an 2003 SLT RW drive. Use primarily for towing boat and travel trailer, never thought the trailer towing package did not include limited slip rear, but true! One or two days on the ramp when wet told me I needed 4X4. Now have the Laramie package and 4X4. Love the truck, '05 has much less engine roar than 03 (Hemi in both), sometimes miss it but appreciated on long trips. Towing is the ticket with this truck, will tow anything, anywhere! Currently pull 28 ft travel trailer (6800 lbs) and 24 ft boat (6000 lbs) and get between 10-11 mpg!! Have to go 55-60 to do that and not "hemi" away from lights, as my wife would say. Used to get 6-7 with Chev 1500 w/350.

Hemi, what can I say, Chevy 5.7 does not even come close. Looks are great, ride comfort acceptable for truck, the 4X4 noticably stiffer than first truck. Love the mpg towing. This is the right tool for my job. Flat floor fold down in rear handy for hauling.

Factory bed liner should wrap over top rail of bed. Rear seat could be more comfortable, with some slant to seat back needed. Carpet, even in laramie, cheap thin crap.

Bad to the Bone
By Kenneth H. Lawrence

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This the pinnacle of performance trucking. it's a shame that these beast are not produced anymore!

Looks, performance. Reminds me of a Harley Cycle at Idle.

None what so ever.

Rumblebees are Awesome!
By rumblebee4313

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is very well built and still is one of the best looking pick up trucks on the road even with all the new 2007 models out. This truck set the standard for all other pick up trucks and competes with all trucks on the road. Great acceleration, speed, and raw power for hauling, I have not driven a better pick up nor one that looks this good.

Rumbleebee package 20 inch wheels. Available parts for the Hemi!

More stock power out of the Hemi?