2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Gramps Gotta Hemi
By Thumper on 06/15/06 18:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

To and from work, about 13.1 mpg mixed driving. The hemi is fun very few people try the "right lane run up" when the lane is running out, great for passing. Use for light hauling, haven't tried the trailer package out yet. Ride is good for a truck, fit and finish now complaints. Rear seat accomodates grand daughters car seat with no problems (had to buy the quad cab, she can't be in front sear yet, hey it was a great excuse) Live in the metro Detroit area, no problem with snow. Thumper says welcome to Detroit, drive it like ya stole it.

Sweet
By Buckeye on 06/10/06 11:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Hemi is sweet. Had to learn not to punch it until I swung out to pass because it gets it right now. Ride is pleasant and is a blast to drive. Some vibration at certain speeds but mild and is a 4X4. Paint quaility could be improved. Gas mileage is around 16 highway so far. 4X4 so far works great. Less expensive than a comparable equiped F150 by significant dollars. Much better look than Chevy.

23 mpg stock
By Fred on 06/01/06 12:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in an aging Jeep Wrangler for this when Dodge was doing the employee discount option for anyone. I am still learning how to park this monster even after having it for several months. Just today, my average mileage (mostly hiway) on this all stock truck was 23 MPG. I was shocked! The onboard computer was indicating 17 MPG. Keep your foot out of the throttle and this truck will get decent mileage. When accelerating, I typically do not exceed 2000 RPM. Believe me, this is hard to do since Hemi sounds soo nice at wide open throttle.

The Hemi is outstanding
By Monty Greenstreet on 05/20/06 08:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Traded 05 Dakota with powerful 4.7 for Ram 1500 Hemi! Can't go wrong with this powerplant, it's outstanding for sure. It even sounds good with stock exhaust when you hit the gas. The truck rides and handles great. Great choice!

Stepped up from a Toyota
By formerice on 04/30/06 15:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck, totaly impressed with the hemi. Handeling,ride and even fuel economy have been outstanding. I average 17-18 mpg normal driving. About the same as a previous Mazda B3000 4x4 and nearly as good as my old Tacoma v6 4x4. Build quality is as good as the Toyota. I have put Rancho9000's on and handling is great with the big 20" Goodyears. Front GY's at 40K still look new. Rears, can't blame the tires. My first American made truck, been driving Japaneese trucks since 1974. Dodge, you won me over.

Hemi Ram Rocks
By scott on 02/03/06 07:57 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second of the current generation of Ram. The first was a 2002 Quad Cab with a 5.9 V8. Great truck. This one is even better with a Hemi and 5 speed auto transmission. Very reliable and fun to drive. I recently had to rent a 2006 Chevy Silverado and could not wait to get back into the Dodge. It out performed the Chevy in almost every way. I will buy another one for sure.

The Thunder Rolls
By SCox82 on 01/14/06 16:05 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Traded in my 2004 Ram 4.7L SLT Quad Cab for an '05 w/ a Hemi. This truck will pull a tree out of the ground! The most powerful gas V8 I've driven by far. Gas mileage not so good but come on it's a truck w/ power. What do you expect? Truck rides smooth and doesn't miss a beat going up hills on the highway. Should have went with the Hemi to begin with b/c there is a great difference in power and the gas mileage doesn't differ a whole lot.

Dodge Ram 1500 Daytona Limited Hemi
By jason andrew on 01/05/06 03:09 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have never owned a pickup truck or actually have a need for a truck- however when i saw the limited edition Ram 1500 Daytona Edition in bright orange at a dealer... I left my Cadillac CTS-V and drove off with this great truck, By far my favorite auto ever owned. The power and handling are supurb, build quality is superior and who can't love that sound of the Hemi engine leaving corvettes at the stop light (in my dust!) The dealer installed extra's helped save me from going out and "pinping my ride"- the truck stops people in thier tracks when they see it. I am converted now, Dodge trucks from here on out. Looks like no other truck on the road. Dwarfs all the lame Chevy and Ford trucks.

Ram 1500 Laramie 2WD SWB w/5.7 Hemi V8
By NuHomes on 12/03/05 04:47 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Ram 1500 Laramie with the optional 5.7 Hemi V8 is about as good as it gets driving a full size truck. Awesome power when it counts and loads of "eye- candy" both inside and out, especially with the sport package and 20" chrome wheels. The Ram 1500 is sure to garner lots of admiring glances whether it's on the move or just parked. With a feeling of quality throughout and lots of attention to detail this machine "out-classes" anything else in it's class. This truck is truly the truck lover's "dream machine".

We have a winner...
By thewolf424 on 11/29/05 23:54 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I spent about 3 weeks looking for the right truck. I looked at Dodge, Chevy, Ford, and Toyota. Dodge trucks have great rebates available on the 05 models that no other company can compare to right now (6500 for regular cab, 6000 for quad). The appearance, inside and out, as well as the smooth ride is what sold me. I don't plan on doing much towing, so I got the 4.7L engine, and it gets down the road just fine. After driving this truck around for the last few weeks, I can see why you are starting to see more and more Dodge Trucks on the road.