2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Satisfied Owner
By Dave on 06/21/08 10:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck. Definitely love the Hemi. Don't even know there's a trailer back there, pulls HARD!. Very Fast. Whole truck is real tight, nothing falling apart. Only problem in 3 years was blower motor which was fixed under warranty. Besides that never been to the repair shop.

Oregon viper
By BEN GRIM on 06/15/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought my 05 Viper SRT 10 in Tucson AZ. When I first seen it I knew I had to have it. It is white with blue stripes that goes from the front to the rear of the vehicle. 2 dr with all the bells and whistles of course 6 speed. I'm running on 22" like any true player would. My truck is 99 out of 200 made that year. I was told that this might possibly be a collectors item. I presently have 6000 miles on it, shall I sell or keep?!

Hemi Sweet!
By Big Daytona on 06/08/08 06:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is the first pickup that I have ever owned, and it is AMAZING. Lots of power, comfortable ride (for a truck), and a blast to drive. My '05 Ram has the Daytona package (silver), and it constantly turns heads. Semi drivers on the highway turn to look at it then realize it's a girl driving it! Haven't used four-wheel drive much, but it did get me to work in a snowstorm without skipping a beat. Limited slip hooks up quickly, and it has been known to go sideways on wet pavement, but that is part of the fun. I love this truck!

it sucks the gas
By 05Ram1500 on 04/18/08 18:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck with the 6 cylinder because I thought the mileage would be nice. I am getting 14 city and the best so far 16.5 Highway. If I run the the gas gauge to empty it cost 86 bucks to fill up at 3.20 a gallon. The towing rating for this 4 door 3.7L 6M truck is only 3500 pounds. I have to shift gears at at least 2750 RPM or I get passed by dump trucks when accelerating from a dead stop. My little SUV gets better mileage, tows more, and has an extra 75 horsepower. I should have got the HEMI!

Brian's review
By brian on 03/10/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent all-around truck for work, commuting, and getting the family around. Very comfortable to drive, with power seating option. Great visibility in poor weather on the interstate as compared to a previous GMC that sat lower to the ground. Tows very well with excellent stability. Corners very well with 20 inch wheel option. Stops on a dime. Never felt more in control when driving a truck. No mechanical problems of any kind with over 47K miles on this truck. I just had the brakes checked at my last service interval and they had about 60% remaining on the pads, so it's definitely a low maintenance vehicle. The 4.7L V-8 is adequate, but the Hemi would be even more fun.

Lemon?
By mx_286 on 02/22/08 20:04 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this pickup for almost 3 years, bought brand new. Fried tranny at 9000, dealership told me a piece broke off the pump and clogged the cooler. New transfer case and front differential at 26000, no explanation. Now at 35000 power steering has a horrible leak in it. This pickup has seen almost all highway miles and regular maintenance.

My new to me Ram 1500
By Hot Pockets on 01/29/08 13:11 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I wanted to get back into a truck, so I started researching different trucks online. I've had 3 Ford's, 2 Chevy's, 2 Jeep's and 1 Nissan Frontier. I'm really a Ford guy, but their gas mileage stinks! Dodge's popped up and I saw that they get better gas mileage than my Grand Cherokee. I've had my '05 1500 for a week now and I love it. I got the Hemi and the gas mileage is actually pretty good. My Dad is a Die-hard Ford guy and just bought a brand new F150 and now wants to trade it in for a Ram because he likes mine so much. I test drove a few 4.7L Ram's and if you really are looking for the best gas mileage out of any trucks, that's the one to get. It's not the same as the Hemi, but it'll go!

Second time
By TRode on 06/28/07 10:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Ram, had an 2003 SLT RW drive. Use primarily for towing boat and travel trailer, never thought the trailer towing package did not include limited slip rear, but true! One or two days on the ramp when wet told me I needed 4X4. Now have the Laramie package and 4X4. Love the truck, '05 has much less engine roar than 03 (Hemi in both), sometimes miss it but appreciated on long trips. Towing is the ticket with this truck, will tow anything, anywhere! Currently pull 28 ft travel trailer (6800 lbs) and 24 ft boat (6000 lbs) and get between 10-11 mpg!! Have to go 55-60 to do that and not "hemi" away from lights, as my wife would say. Used to get 6-7 with Chev 1500 w/350.

Bad to the Bone
By Kenneth H. Lawrence on 04/07/07 20:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This the pinnacle of performance trucking. it's a shame that these beast are not produced anymore!

Rumblebees are Awesome!
By rumblebee4313 on 04/04/07 18:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is very well built and still is one of the best looking pick up trucks on the road even with all the new 2007 models out. This truck set the standard for all other pick up trucks and competes with all trucks on the road. Great acceleration, speed, and raw power for hauling, I have not driven a better pick up nor one that looks this good.