Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Very reliable buy
By Billy

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck brand new in 2005 and have since put a little over 80,000 miles on it. I have never had any problems with the truck, did basic maintenance and she has been extremely reliable to me. I put a flowmaster muffler and a ram air intake and it increased the mpg buy a little also gave that v6 a nice v8 sound.

Interior looks amazing, comfortable seats for a truck, everything is easily accessible. Love the design of exterior, people definitely get out of your way when they see that big grill in their rear views.

Of course, mpg. It is a truck so I didn't expect 20+ mpg but the v8 does get better than the v6, although the v6 has plenty to of power to get up to speed on a highway.

Love it BUT!!
By Robert Szemcsak

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love this truck. Handling,take off and comfort. I installed a K&N cold air filter and Flow Master Duel muffler-neither helped my gas mileage. The 5 speed auto transmission won't go into over drive until you get above 58 mph-dealer says not enough torque. So I get about 11.5 mpg city and 15.5 highway it came with 17" rims not 20"--BUT I DO LOVE THIS TRUCK. It's fun to drive and the grand kids love to ride in it. Just wish the MPG was better and Trans shifted smoother. But I plan to keep it.

It has plenty of room inside-good visibility and great handling--just fun to drive.

How to improve MPG and Trans shifting

BANG FOR THE BUCK
By Bonez

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My dad bought me my grey dodge ram with hemi and laramie, its beautiful. i've raced the new chevy v8 vortec and beat it without skipping a beat. the hemi just kills anything, i have used it for hauling my dirtbikes and driven it super rough cuz im a teenager. gas mileage is decent but i wouldnt trade it for the power. when we bought the truck we were suppose to get free lifetime oil changes then the dealership went out of business.

can you say HEMI? leather, 20 inch rims, breaking power, and the womanizer but borat has a different word for that. seat heaters, tinted windows, payload and towing capacity. ITs a stand out in the crowd!!! get one they're cheap

sound system, stock tires, anti slip,more comfort in the cabin for the seats. needs air suspension, and xm satellite

The Beast
By mike thompson

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I went looking for a high performance truck from the start. One test drive and I had to have this beast. Don't give a darn about gas mileage. I get about 12mpg in the city and 16mpg on the road. Added a Volant cool air system which makes the engine compartment even better looking. I've had so many people just want to stop me and look at the engine. Plan on adding a supercharger when my extended warranty runs out. Lambo doors in a few weeks for looks.

The engine or course. Stereo is cool but wish it would play mp3's.

More add on goodies from Dodge.

God I love This Truck
By The_Dober_Man

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Well, If you're looking for fuel efficiency, don't buy it. If you're looking to crush sports cars, Lightnings, C600's, this is the truck for you. I've even beat a few SRT8's, almost all SRT4's, and ticked off a few Vettes while it was still stock. What's really fun is when you hit it, and put everyones head in the back of the seat! I for sure bought the right truck for fun.

My aftermarket exhaust and turbo kit are my favorite features. I have two pipes into one large oval on the back. Makes it look a little tougher and sounds better now.

I think the interior should have had a dual din dash for the radio for all of the SRT's. I had to buy a custom dash for it to convert it. Kind of a pain. And the nav stinks on it. No map, just directions, which are cool to a point, but if there is construction, I'd like to see alternate routes.