2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4.7L V8 6-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 23 mpg stock

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

SLT Quad Cab (4.7L V8 6-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed)

23 mpg stock
By Fred on

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in an aging Jeep Wrangler for this when Dodge was doing the employee discount option for anyone. I am still learning how to park this monster even after having it for several months. Just today, my average mileage (mostly hiway) on this all stock truck was 23 MPG. I was shocked! The onboard computer was indicating 17 MPG. Keep your foot out of the throttle and this truck will get decent mileage. When accelerating, I typically do not exceed 2000 RPM. Believe me, this is hard to do since Hemi sounds soo nice at wide open throttle.

Favorite Features

Hemi performance, ride quality, overall ergonomics, factory installed Sirius satelite radio, radio controls on steering wheel, sunroof, flip-up backseats to use the fold-out cargo platforms, tow capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Side mirrors that automatically tilt down to view the rear wheels when the vehicle is placed into reverse. I do this manually for the passenger mirror when backing.