2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Outstanding Performance
By Mr. B. on 01/13/05 11:22 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Power and performance that rivals my 1995 Viper, with excellent fit and finish.

Dealers cannot repair problems
By John Lotak on 01/09/05 23:56 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I used to love driving the truck.The vehicle looks great and is very comfortable.The truck drove trouble free for almost exactly one year.I own the top of the line HEMI four door with all of the options except leather interior, due to personal choice. I used to be very happy with the performance and a very proud owner. The computer burned up along with two ignition coils and a bunch of fuses. The selling dealer repaired the damage, and ever since the mighty HEMI performs like a V6. I have brought it back for diagnosis, and their response is nothing is wrong. I have even brought it to another dealer. No luck in fixing the problem. It is a shame it is my first Dodge/Chrysler and probably last.

Pete's Hemi
By pete's hemi on 01/08/05 06:33 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Fun to driver on or off road and has the power you need. When you need it to pull heavy loads, it still has get up and go even in 4x4. All I can say is, sweet!

SRT-10
By Brian Scarpone on 01/05/05 16:10 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I have owned vehicle for a little over 6 months. Only problem was with the radio. Two days after purchase it stopped working. But It took Chrysler over 5 months to repair the problem because the part was on back order.The truck has great braking, handles more like a sports car than a truck. First look at the undercarriage and you can see that it is more than a pickup with a large engine. Much more comfotable than a GTS or a SRT10 Viper. Not as fast but more fun to drive.

Ford man who bought a Hemi
By James's Hemi on 01/05/05 15:44 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My experience from my Dodge has been great. My dodge gets more looks and comments from more people then a supermodel. The engine "Hemi of course" has plenty of power to get you 0-60 in quick time but I recommend the optional 34 Gallon fuel tank because the MPG sucks at my average of 11.4. Cruzing at 55-60 miles per hour without stopping I get great milage. Seats are very comfortible in both front and rear. 20" wheels and Tires pick up every nail and screw it can find but looks great on the truck. Exterior nerf Steps made the wife to be like the truck better and we both wish we upgraded the stero system to the Infinity 11 Speakers system. Road noise and ride is very much Average.

Impressed with Dodge
By first dodge on 01/04/05 01:38 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My first Dodge got off to a poor start. On the third day of ownership I noticed a large puddle of oil under the truck. After having to wait a couple of days to get the truck in for service a “hole” was found in the front wheel differential (4x4). I was given a free loaner and 8 days later I got my new truck back. It has been trouble free since. The 5.7 Hemi makes good power and sounds great (and no complaints on mileage), nice shifting 5 speed automatic, comfortable automobile like ride, rock solid build quality and plenty of well thought out in cabin storage. It beats my previous Chevy and Ford trucks hands down, I’m sold!

SRT-10, YES WAY
By ZC on 12/27/04 00:16 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Just an awesome truck.

powerful dodge
By bountyhunter on 12/25/04 21:06 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

good running truck and extremely powerful

station to station but fun in between
By bang times 10 on 12/06/04 07:33 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

my first experience with this truck was, Thats it? I guess i was thinking it will handle like a porshe, but who was i kidding. This is a heavy, jaw dropping ass whoopin truck. Built for one thing. Acceleration and crazy burnouts.

I love my truck
By nbrskhskr on 11/29/04 10:13 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am a changed man. I used to buy GM vehicles but I am a Dodge man now. There are a couple things I don't like about the interior. If I am sitting in the driver's seat comfortably, I can't reach the radio and AC/Heater controls without leaving forward. The short bed is kind of a pain but it isn't the end of the world. It has all sorts of power and torque. I would recommend it to anyone just be prepared to spend $40 everytime you fill up the 26 gallon tank (about every 350 miles).