Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Dodge Ram 1500 Daytona Limited Hemi
By jason andrew

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have never owned a pickup truck or actually have a need for a truck- however when i saw the limited edition Ram 1500 Daytona Edition in bright orange at a dealer... I left my Cadillac CTS-V and drove off with this great truck, By far my favorite auto ever owned. The power and handling are supurb, build quality is superior and who can't love that sound of the Hemi engine leaving corvettes at the stop light (in my dust!) The dealer installed extra's helped save me from going out and "pinping my ride"- the truck stops people in thier tracks when they see it. I am converted now, Dodge trucks from here on out. Looks like no other truck on the road. Dwarfs all the lame Chevy and Ford trucks.

Radio controls located on the back side of wheel is a great touch. Lots of storage compartments

Need to look at redesigning 20' rims- they stick out and have gotten badly messed up during unfortunate curb run ins. Telescope steering wheel,

Great 4x4
By Bill Nichols

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I like my Ram 1500 very much.4.7 engine is all I need to pull my boat and Sea Doo.Gas mileage isn't great,but hey its a 4x4 truck not a mini van.Handles very well and rides nice too.

Styling. Engine and transmission choices. Lots of truck for the money.

Gas mileage. Radio controls could be more convienent to operate.

This truck is awesome
By TIm Bonneville

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I have never enjoyed driving a vehicle like this since I was 16 and got my first vehicle. Drives like a sports car and I do not feel like I am scooting along on the ground. Anyone looking for a performance truck should take a serious look at this vehicle.

The seats are comfortable like sitting in an easy chair at home.

As any adrenaline junkie would say."More Horsepower"

Ram 1500 Laramie 2WD SWB w/5.7 Hemi V8
By NuHomes

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Ram 1500 Laramie with the optional 5.7 Hemi V8 is about as good as it gets driving a full size truck. Awesome power when it counts and loads of "eye- candy" both inside and out, especially with the sport package and 20" chrome wheels. The Ram 1500 is sure to garner lots of admiring glances whether it's on the move or just parked. With a feeling of quality throughout and lots of attention to detail this machine "out-classes" anything else in it's class. This truck is truly the truck lover's "dream machine".

Bold design with great looks, especially the front end. Solidly constructed, good looking interior and well thought-out dash configeration. Plenty of interior cab storage.

Driver and passenger seats could use some improvement with a sleaker design and increased lumbar support. Gas mileage is dreadful but overall is really a small price to pay to drive this powerful "beauty".

We have a winner...
By thewolf424

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I spent about 3 weeks looking for the right truck. I looked at Dodge, Chevy, Ford, and Toyota. Dodge trucks have great rebates available on the 05 models that no other company can compare to right now (6500 for regular cab, 6000 for quad). The appearance, inside and out, as well as the smooth ride is what sold me. I don't plan on doing much towing, so I got the 4.7L engine, and it gets down the road just fine. After driving this truck around for the last few weeks, I can see why you are starting to see more and more Dodge Trucks on the road.

Apperance, smooth ride

The base V8 engine in the Chevy/GMC trucks haul about 800 more pounds than Dodge's base V8.