Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

23 mpg stock
By Fred

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in an aging Jeep Wrangler for this when Dodge was doing the employee discount option for anyone. I am still learning how to park this monster even after having it for several months. Just today, my average mileage (mostly hiway) on this all stock truck was 23 MPG. I was shocked! The onboard computer was indicating 17 MPG. Keep your foot out of the throttle and this truck will get decent mileage. When accelerating, I typically do not exceed 2000 RPM. Believe me, this is hard to do since Hemi sounds soo nice at wide open throttle.

Hemi performance, ride quality, overall ergonomics, factory installed Sirius satelite radio, radio controls on steering wheel, sunroof, flip-up backseats to use the fold-out cargo platforms, tow capacity.

Side mirrors that automatically tilt down to view the rear wheels when the vehicle is placed into reverse. I do this manually for the passenger mirror when backing.

The Hemi is outstanding
By Monty Greenstreet

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Traded 05 Dakota with powerful 4.7 for Ram 1500 Hemi! Can't go wrong with this powerplant, it's outstanding for sure. It even sounds good with stock exhaust when you hit the gas. The truck rides and handles great. Great choice!

Hemi makes this truck, and with good handling and great stopping power it's a great package.

Could use a larger glove box

Ram SRT10 is a BLAST!
By SWAF

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is so much fun! The engine is incredible, the shifts are fairly short considering the length of the lever. Stereo is pretty good, the sub will make the rear view mirror a little tough to see on the heavy bass - worth it to enjoy the good vibrations. So far gas mileage has been pretty good, much better than expected. Handling has also been very positive as have the very comfortable and supportive seats. Hope the quality holds up, so far so good.

Engine, 6-speed transmission, stereo, trip computer, and seats.

Can't really think of anything.

Muscle Truck
By VIPERAM

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought the truck 2 months ago and cannot believe that I used to to think my Vortec 454 Chevy was powerful. This truck is awesome to say the least. The V10, 22" wheels, 500 watt stereo, stainless steel trim package are all great. Some owners complain about the mileage, I didn't buy the SRT because it was fuel efficient I bought it because it was fun. I am 40 years old and the truck is one of the fastest vehicles I have ever driven and the fastest I have ever owned. Nice job Dodge!

V10, Sound system, comfort, exhaust sound, 22" wheels, hood & grill. "who am I kidding? I love all of it"

Improve the 2nd to 3rd shifts, make a blower optional from the factory. Otherwise its great!

Stepped up from a Toyota
By formerice

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I love this truck, totaly impressed with the hemi. Handeling,ride and even fuel economy have been outstanding. I average 17-18 mpg normal driving. About the same as a previous Mazda B3000 4x4 and nearly as good as my old Tacoma v6 4x4. Build quality is as good as the Toyota. I have put Rancho9000's on and handling is great with the big 20" Goodyears. Front GY's at 40K still look new. Rears, can't blame the tires. My first American made truck, been driving Japaneese trucks since 1974. Dodge, you won me over.

Sound system with the Sirrius is great.Seats are great for long trips. My first truck with an automatic and this one shifts great, crisp and smooth and I can control upshifts and downshifts easily with the throttle. Hemi tows very well for a gas motor, gobs of torque. Works hard and looks mean.

Some of my complaints have been eliminated in the '6's. Hemi with MDS, 6 speed manual, heavier rear springs, I added a leaf, ig improvement, and the Rancho 9000's should be standard. Ok this will never happen, the V6 MB diesel would be a nice option in the 1500 and Dakota if fuel keeps going up.