2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
There are others out there...
By AJF on 07/13/05 16:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

It's a nice looking truck, but extremely poorly detailed truck. As I drove off the lot, there were problems! Visor clip fell off. Front torsion bars needed to be replaced (with 500 miles on it). The radiator cap lost its seal, all fluid drained. I was told it "must have been a defective part". Door moulding is falling off. Truck has two shades of paint on it from front doors to rear doors. I have had it aligned three times and it still pulls to the right. Dinged the rear bumper, found it to be made from aluminum foil - or pretty close. I suggest you test drive one as well as a Chevy and a Ford.

Love the looks
By RLR4818 on 06/21/05 21:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Rugged yet comfortable. The high up cabin makes you feel like the "King of the Road". Small glove box, but armrest storage makes up for it. Nice ride, good acceleration. I chose the 4.7 V8 over the Hemi. Good choice, as it averages 15-16 mpg vs the 10-11 for the Hemi. No defects so far. Overall I am very satisfied.

One Great Truck
By smattson on 06/19/05 22:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Extremely fun to drive. Very comfortable interior. Looks great inside and out. Lots of positive comments.

Mighty Ram!
By Mike on 06/14/05 19:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the truck for about 8 months now, and I really love it. I have the 3.7 V6 with the automatic transmission, and it gets a solid 20 mpg! I love the looks of the truck, and I think it is a very solid vehicle. I would buy another one tomorrow! They only hauling I do with it, is my quad. I dont do any towing. if you were going to use the truck for towing, I would recommend the 4.7 V8. Other than that, get the V6 and save some dough! Great truck!

Ram
By mark noland on 06/12/05 01:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

The truck is a ball to drive and handles great. I haven't felt that much power since I had my LS6 70 Chevelle. Dodge did it right building this truck. Try it, you'll like it.

The beast
By douglas baldwin on 06/09/05 08:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Absolutely the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I'm 50 and have owned a few! Fit and finish is excellent! I have had no problems with this truck, although I only have 4,000 miles on it so far.

So far, so good
By Matt Money on 05/23/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have driven Ford trucks for over 18 years until last year when I had several unpleasant experiences at Ford dealers and with my most recent Ford product. So I switched to Dodge, and so far, that was an excellent choice. If you purchase the "Hemi" and the 3.92 rear, you can't go wrong for towing. Ford could take lessons from this. If I get my usual 150,000- 200,000 miles, I'll stay a changed man.

Super fun, and a workhorse for towing.
By rick higgins on 05/19/05 09:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased this vehicle to fill our needs for towing a 5000lbs boat and also a 5000lbs travel trailer. The 5.7L Hemi is the choice for us due to its power of 345hp and 375ft/lbs of torque. When you drive this truck you immediately notice the power when you accelerate. After driving other brands before purchasing, we feel very confident in our selection. This truck handles our towing needs very well.

Pricey performance
By quentin on 05/18/05 17:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Fun to drive, but not for everyday use. Gas mileage is horrible and have had problems with fuel injection system.

Great truck
By troy on 05/15/05 11:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is so much fun to drive! The mileage isn't that bad for the power. This truck has the best build quality of any Chrysler product I've ever seen.