Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

This truck has no dull points
By dodge5562

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck has been a blast for me to drive around town and on the highways. The coolest moments about driving this truck has been when I'm at a dead stop and I take off screeching the tires and everyone turns their heads. The Hemi realy does command respect. But driving my truck would be whole lot more enjoyable if it was not for those high gas prices, they cost me about 60 dallors to fill up now. Though even if I got one of those smaller engines I still would be hurt (but not as much) so I will just stick with what I got and hope gas does not go up any more.

My favorite features about this vehicle would be the style of the controls in center of the dash board and basicly the whole layout of of the truck interior. The Hemi would be my biggest like about this truck if I just had to pick one.

The grille in the front can be a little smaller to give it that cool sleek feel that Dodge fans fell in love with like in the 1994-2001 models.

Every Boy's Dream
By doc

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've enjoyed owning my Ram Quad Magnum. I have wanted the new body design since its inception in the mid 90's. I am impressed by the interior room, cab design, and location of the instruments.

I love the dual exhaust, aftermarket. I love the clarity of the instrument cluster. I love the overall profile of my Ram, especially from the front.

Mandatory visor mirrors. More hanger hooks. Mandatory mud guards and tow hitch.

Outstanding Truck!
By Ken

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Fuel mileage could be a little better, but if you keep your foot out of it you can get 21MPG on the highway. About 16 on my highway commute. Shocks could be a little stiffer, but it's obviously tuned for highway comfort. I drove the Chevy and Ford comparable trucks, and I thought the Dodge was the most truck for the money.

My wife loves the under seat storage places, especially for her purse when she doesn't want to carry it around with her.

There is a blind spot when looking out the front passengers side window. Between the door post and the mirror, there is more than enough room for a small car to hide in the blind spot. I've nearly been in an accident because I didn't see a small car coming with the mirror in the way.

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L truck
By coronas

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

It is a really nice truck to own. It turns heads everywhere you go. If only gas was cheaper than $2.00 dollars so that one could ride it more.

The power in this truck is my favorite feature. I love seeing the faces of sports cars drivers when they are getting passed by a big truck.

Gas mileage

Great truck
By Hemi Fan

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love my Dodge Ram Hemi. Great performance, comfort, and reliability. This is my third Dodge truck, and everyone has been wonderful. The only drawback is poor gas mileage, but the fun of driving this makes up for it.

Power, usefullness.

Better gas mileage without giving up power.

• SUV