1 MPG per Cylinder
By Up in Smoke on
2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)
What a fun truck. It is without a doubt the baddest truck ever built. My biggest complaint is when people ask me how I like that Hemi engine. Maybe if the "viper powered" decal was bigger that wouldn't happen. Brakes are the best of any car, let alone truck out there. handling is great, for a truck. Ride is stiff, but not bad. I'd rather tow with my diesel Ram, so I do. The SRT is just for hauling around town. 0-60 is good, 0-120 is great, 70- 120, not so good, but it is a heavy brick wall to move through the air at those speeds. Buy one and step up, this is the only truck a true "car-guy" can drive.
Favorite Features
Brakes, wheels, seatd, and of course the engine under that hood. A Viper is an Icon, the fact that it's motor (with almost no modifications) is under the hood of a truck is something only MOPAR could/would do.
Suggested Improvements
More power, always more power. the Quad cabs need am extra gear or 2. The 6- speeds in Reg Cabs have better/more ratios to enjoy the power. the auto trans only has 4 gears, should have at least 5, 6 would be great. I guess I'll just get a gear vendor put on mine and end up with 8 gears