2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: '04 5.7L Hemi Rumble Bee

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Review

'04 5.7L Hemi Rumble Bee
By Zepp on

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Just bought the truck on the 1st of the month, and have only driven about 1000 miles, but I love this truck... I traded in an '02 Chevy Avalanche and couldn't be happier with the trade. I was originally looking for a 2dr, sb Hemi but when I saw the $2600 Solar Yellow Rumble Bee option package (see dodge.com for a description as Edmunds makes no mention of this limited edition) with the dealer installed custom leather seats, I fell in love with it... I have always been a fan of yellow and when I took it for the test drive, the off the line acceleration, tons of power across the powerband and deep throaty exhaust note had me hooked!

Hemi engine lives up to it's famous predecessor. It's fast and can haul plenty of cargo. Perfect! Great interior features such as well designed dash, shopping bag hooks all over, storage tray behind seats, and fold-down center console and under seat storage bin are all great.

The seats could do with bolsters as I tend to slip around a bit in the curves. As is typical of leaf spring rear ends on pick-up trucks, the rear wheels hop over bumps and the ride can be somewhat harsh on some surfaces, but nothing different than the late model Chevy's and Fords I've driven.