Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Satisfied Owner
By Dave

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck. Definitely love the Hemi. Don't even know there's a trailer back there, pulls HARD!. Very Fast. Whole truck is real tight, nothing falling apart. Only problem in 3 years was blower motor which was fixed under warranty. Besides that never been to the repair shop.

Get the Hemi. Better mileage than the 4.7 plus pulls twice as hard.

Perfect.

Hemi Sweet!
By Big Daytona

This is the first pickup that I have ever owned, and it is AMAZING. Lots of power, comfortable ride (for a truck), and a blast to drive. My '05 Ram has the Daytona package (silver), and it constantly turns heads. Semi drivers on the highway turn to look at it then realize it's a girl driving it! Haven't used four-wheel drive much, but it did get me to work in a snowstorm without skipping a beat. Limited slip hooks up quickly, and it has been known to go sideways on wet pavement, but that is part of the fun. I love this truck!

Hemi power, tight build quality, comfortable interior, fantastic roadway visibility.

Limited slip hooks up too soon, burnouts too short! No MDS on '05 model year means poorer gas mileage, but I am getting 18 mpg on the highway.

'05 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI~Lovin' it!
By Rebecca Mandell

I just bought a new 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 5.7 HEMI and I love it. Super Fast, powerful engine. I am extrememly pleased with it.

The HEMI!

Possibly update the interior features.

Great Truck!
By dabears76

I love this truck! Get the Hemi !!

'04 5.7L Hemi Rumble Bee
By Zepp

Just bought the truck on the 1st of the
month, and have only driven about 1000
miles, but I love this truck... I traded
in an '02 Chevy Avalanche and couldn't
be happier with the trade. I was
originally looking for a 2dr, sb Hemi
but when I saw the $2600 Solar Yellow
Rumble Bee option package (see dodge.com
for a description as Edmunds makes no
mention of this limited edition) with
the dealer installed custom leather
seats, I fell in love with it... I have
always been a fan of yellow and when I
took it for the test drive, the off the
line acceleration, tons of power across
the powerband and deep throaty exhaust
note had me hooked!

Hemi engine lives up to it's famous predecessor. It's fast and can haul plenty of cargo. Perfect! Great interior features such as well designed dash, shopping bag hooks all over, storage tray behind seats, and fold-down center console and under seat storage bin are all great.

The seats could do with bolsters as I tend to slip around a bit in the curves. As is typical of leaf spring rear ends on pick-up trucks, the rear wheels hop over bumps and the ride can be somewhat harsh on some surfaces, but nothing different than the late model Chevy's and Fords I've driven.