2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
i wish....
By ultramark on 11/18/13 10:47 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

CONS-Poor build quality for the 3.7L, The bearings are Aluminum :( -also the gauges are practically dummy gauges, oil pressure gauge reads "normal", even if low pressure is going on. Very disappointed to find "spun" AL bearings, when the oil gauge read normal, >>"Each time the cluster receives a message from the PCM or ECM indicating the engine oil pressure is about 6 psi (very low) or lower, the check gauges indicator will be illuminated.", otherwise reads "normal" = your engine might already be already destroyed, (mine 100k), the 3.7 rebuild is almost as expensive as a Hemi & about 1000$ more than 4.7 ect. Very disappointed to find oil sludging was an issue with the vehicle as well.

My Ram
By Mark on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I own a 2005 Dodge Ram with a 3.7 V6 with an automatic transmission. I have 61,000 miles and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my truck, well except for the factory cd player which only takes a few of my cd's and spits the rest out. I wish I could have gotten a quad cab with a V8 but I got a good deal on this one. I was skeptical about the small V6 but it is plenty capable of getting around. I have driven the V8's and the power difference is noticeable but all I really care about is reliability. The ride is a bit more lively due to the short WB but it feels solid. The brakes are outstanding. The Ram is the best Truck nowadays and if you're considering one, trust me- V8 is a must!!

Very reliable buy
By Billy on 08/09/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck brand new in 2005 and have since put a little over 80,000 miles on it. I have never had any problems with the truck, did basic maintenance and she has been extremely reliable to me. I put a flowmaster muffler and a ram air intake and it increased the mpg buy a little also gave that v6 a nice v8 sound.

Big and Nice
By demac on 11/06/05 02:10 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought because of the dealer price break. Sticker price 21,800 price paid 15,500. Nice after putting work into truck, new rims, new hood, droped the back. The qulity of the bed doesn't seem that great put a dent in the bed with a smaller bass amp.

Mighty Ram!
By Mike on 06/14/05 19:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the truck for about 8 months now, and I really love it. I have the 3.7 V6 with the automatic transmission, and it gets a solid 20 mpg! I love the looks of the truck, and I think it is a very solid vehicle. I would buy another one tomorrow! They only hauling I do with it, is my quad. I dont do any towing. if you were going to use the truck for towing, I would recommend the 4.7 V8. Other than that, get the V6 and save some dough! Great truck!

I love my truck.
By Russ on 02/02/05 21:21 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Dodge and I love my new truck. I drove a Chevy for the last 4 years at work. Now I drive a Dodge Ram 1500. It looks and feels like a real truck, if you know what I mean. Great turn radius and handling. Smooth ride and flashy chrome grille. The best thing is the reliabilty.