2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
i wish....
By ultramark on 11/18/13 10:47 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

CONS-Poor build quality for the 3.7L, The bearings are Aluminum :( -also the gauges are practically dummy gauges, oil pressure gauge reads "normal", even if low pressure is going on. Very disappointed to find "spun" AL bearings, when the oil gauge read normal, >>"Each time the cluster receives a message from the PCM or ECM indicating the engine oil pressure is about 6 psi (very low) or lower, the check gauges indicator will be illuminated.", otherwise reads "normal" = your engine might already be already destroyed, (mine 100k), the 3.7 rebuild is almost as expensive as a Hemi & about 1000$ more than 4.7 ect. Very disappointed to find oil sludging was an issue with the vehicle as well.

My Ram
By Mark on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I own a 2005 Dodge Ram with a 3.7 V6 with an automatic transmission. I have 61,000 miles and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my truck, well except for the factory cd player which only takes a few of my cd's and spits the rest out. I wish I could have gotten a quad cab with a V8 but I got a good deal on this one. I was skeptical about the small V6 but it is plenty capable of getting around. I have driven the V8's and the power difference is noticeable but all I really care about is reliability. The ride is a bit more lively due to the short WB but it feels solid. The brakes are outstanding. The Ram is the best Truck nowadays and if you're considering one, trust me- V8 is a must!!

Love it!
By Srodeogirl7 on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I just purchased my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7. V8, 6 Speed Manual a couple of days ago, used of course but in great shape. Best truck for my money! It is a great drive seats are way better on my bad back than my previous Ford. Love the power and having 6 speeds. I also love that i am a 5' tall girl and I can still reach the clutch with no problems. Great truck, i might have to become a Dodge girl!

Very reliable buy
By Billy on 08/09/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck brand new in 2005 and have since put a little over 80,000 miles on it. I have never had any problems with the truck, did basic maintenance and she has been extremely reliable to me. I put a flowmaster muffler and a ram air intake and it increased the mpg buy a little also gave that v6 a nice v8 sound.

Satisfied Owner
By Dave on 06/21/08 10:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Great truck. Definitely love the Hemi. Don't even know there's a trailer back there, pulls HARD!. Very Fast. Whole truck is real tight, nothing falling apart. Only problem in 3 years was blower motor which was fixed under warranty. Besides that never been to the repair shop.

Hemi Sweet!
By Big Daytona on 06/08/08 06:09 AM (PDT)

This is the first pickup that I have ever owned, and it is AMAZING. Lots of power, comfortable ride (for a truck), and a blast to drive. My '05 Ram has the Daytona package (silver), and it constantly turns heads. Semi drivers on the highway turn to look at it then realize it's a girl driving it! Haven't used four-wheel drive much, but it did get me to work in a snowstorm without skipping a beat. Limited slip hooks up quickly, and it has been known to go sideways on wet pavement, but that is part of the fun. I love this truck!

Rumblebees are Awesome!
By rumblebee4313 on 04/04/07 18:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is very well built and still is one of the best looking pick up trucks on the road even with all the new 2007 models out. This truck set the standard for all other pick up trucks and competes with all trucks on the road. Great acceleration, speed, and raw power for hauling, I have not driven a better pick up nor one that looks this good.

2005 4X4 RAM
By Ed Skinner on 02/17/07 11:47 AM (PST)

With 53K plus miles so far, very satisfied. Manufacturer over-torqued front wheels so rotors got warped. Dodge mechanic states valve train noise is normal. Stock tires are a little "floaty" on curves with bumps. No out of pocket expenses yet other than maintenence.

Great 4x4
By Bill Nichols on 12/28/05 20:02 PM (PST)

I like my Ram 1500 very much.4.7 engine is all I need to pull my boat and Sea Doo.Gas mileage isn't great,but hey its a 4x4 truck not a mini van.Handles very well and rides nice too.

Big and Nice
By demac on 11/06/05 02:10 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought because of the dealer price break. Sticker price 21,800 price paid 15,500. Nice after putting work into truck, new rims, new hood, droped the back. The qulity of the bed doesn't seem that great put a dent in the bed with a smaller bass amp.