Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Just RAM it!
By tvilla

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My first dodge and its an 05 ram HEMI 4x4 quad cab w/20's. The power is awesome. Got this ram with 59k miles and now have 111000. It has been flawless. It has taken me anywhere I have wanted to go. I have traveled and slept in it many times so it is very comfortable. Was moving from Tx to Az with a camper shell. So I packed it out as much as would fit. Put my wifes 4000 pound car on a tow dolly and packed it out .. I still did 75 mph and sometimes 80. It runs and idles so smooth you'd think it was brand new! Even w/o dual exhaust it still roars when you get on it. And its quiet when you don't.

Favorite Features

My favorite features is the Hemi. The gas mileage is not even that bad for something that has so much power. The power still surprises me when I jump on it and it throws me back. And the 4x4 has gotten me out of being stranded in snow storms on a few occasions.

Suggested Improvements

As far as improvements the back seat could of used more room and if it would've fit my budget I would have got a mega-cab.

one issue in one year not too bad
By jake120

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

i have owned my reg cab 4.7l 4x4 automatic truck since january and truck has far exceeded my expectations, i have always owned chevy and last two let me down so i figured i would give dodge a chance. i bought it with 60,000 and have put 25000 miles on so far only issue i ran into was both front wheel bearings went on me and they are not the easiest to fix, have heard this is an issue with these at that mileage. other than that truck has been awesome. has descent gas mileage for what it is and has sufficient power i would buy it again in a heartbeat

Favorite Features

interior room, 4.7l engine, ground clearance,

Suggested Improvements

replace front wheel hub assembley, make section where bolts to assembly are wider so you dont have to pull whole front end apart to replace it.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7 liter Hemi Quad Cab, SLT
By lee5720

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new and have never regretted it. I like it very much. The ride is very comfortable and the dash board controls are easy to understand and easy to reach while driving.

Favorite Features

This truck came with a sprayed in bed liner which is great. It beats those plastic drop in liners. I like the sliding rear window and the storage under the rear seat. There is ample foot room in the rear seat. The arm rest storage unit between the front seats is large and easy to get into. The ride is smooth and does not feel like a truck at all. I haven't towed anything yet, but there is no doubt this truck will handle the load. The gas mileage isn't too bad for a 5.7 Hemi (11 in town and 15 on the open road. The ONLY thing that has ever gone wrong with this truck is a burned out brake light (which isn't even a problem).

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestion I might make to help improve this vehicle is to add a couple extra interior lights lower, below the heater controls so the drink tray and ashtray are more visible when driving at night.

By First & Last Dodge

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The specs: 4.7 magnum, auto, rwd, quad cab, sb. Have had the truck for 5 weeks. Truck has been in shop for 11 days. Work completed: head gaskets (2), timing chain, radiator replaced and water pump. Have had the truck back for a week and the check engine light is now on. On the up side the truck gets 16 mpg mixed driving, rides fairly well and looks good.

Favorite Features

The truck looks good. Gas mileage is satisfactory. 4.7 does have plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability and build quality

Great versatile truck with 4.7L
By amf

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased a used quad cab with the 4.7 L and the 5 speed auto. It had the 20" wheels, which the dealer traded out for me to the chrome 16's. Dynamite combo; this gives you the 4.7 L with 3.9 gears and standard wheels which == good towing (7k), good power and good mileage (16-18 HWY). I've towed tractors, horses and building materials for 3 years with no repairs. Better truck than any ford I've ever had.

Favorite Features

The five speed auto is smooth and sure. The bed size is perfect; I wanted a quad cab with a USABLE bed and this is the best one on the market.

Suggested Improvements

none