2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Just RAM it!
By tvilla on 02/09/12 21:02 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My first dodge and its an 05 ram HEMI 4x4 quad cab w/20's. The power is awesome. Got this ram with 59k miles and now have 111000. It has been flawless. It has taken me anywhere I have wanted to go. I have traveled and slept in it many times so it is very comfortable. Was moving from Tx to Az with a camper shell. So I packed it out as much as would fit. Put my wifes 4000 pound car on a tow dolly and packed it out .. I still did 75 mph and sometimes 80. It runs and idles so smooth you'd think it was brand new! Even w/o dual exhaust it still roars when you get on it. And its quiet when you don't.

one issue in one year not too bad
By jake120 on 12/25/11 18:26 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

i have owned my reg cab 4.7l 4x4 automatic truck since january and truck has far exceeded my expectations, i have always owned chevy and last two let me down so i figured i would give dodge a chance. i bought it with 60,000 and have put 25000 miles on so far only issue i ran into was both front wheel bearings went on me and they are not the easiest to fix, have heard this is an issue with these at that mileage. other than that truck has been awesome. has descent gas mileage for what it is and has sufficient power i would buy it again in a heartbeat

2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7 liter Hemi Quad Cab, SLT
By lee5720 on 12/13/10 12:29 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new and have never regretted it. I like it very much. The ride is very comfortable and the dash board controls are easy to understand and easy to reach while driving.

By First & Last Dodge on 08/01/10 05:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The specs: 4.7 magnum, auto, rwd, quad cab, sb. Have had the truck for 5 weeks. Truck has been in shop for 11 days. Work completed: head gaskets (2), timing chain, radiator replaced and water pump. Have had the truck back for a week and the check engine light is now on. On the up side the truck gets 16 mpg mixed driving, rides fairly well and looks good.

Great versatile truck with 4.7L
By amf on 06/17/10 13:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased a used quad cab with the 4.7 L and the 5 speed auto. It had the 20" wheels, which the dealer traded out for me to the chrome 16's. Dynamite combo; this gives you the 4.7 L with 3.9 gears and standard wheels which == good towing (7k), good power and good mileage (16-18 HWY). I've towed tractors, horses and building materials for 3 years with no repairs. Better truck than any ford I've ever had.

Never again!
By 1ruger4570 on 06/11/10 12:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I Bought this truck because I had heard good things about the new Dodge trucks in 2005. I have regretted it. Problems include: EGR valve, rough idle (fuel filter is attached to the fuel pump, replacement of one means replacement of both) the adjustable driver's seat track has broken five times in 39,000 miles. When the seat track breaks the seat freely travels back and forth upon acceleration or braking (dangerous and painful). Dodge has told me that they do not care. Their very high up management has told me that the safety of one person is not that important to them since there have not been many other complaints. Never again will I buy a Dodge. They do not believe in their product.

Real world review, no bias
By jcmalibuboats on 03/30/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Do not purchase this truck, they die at 62,000 miles. Bought mine new in 2006, maintained a perfect service record, and I was rewarded with nine trips to the dealership over the years for different issues. I am not a "brand" guy and this has no impact on my review, but in the interest of full disclosure I will never by another Daimler Chrysler product again. The dealer service is poor and was nearly a victim of consumer fraud at College Station Lithia Dodge.

Love it BUT!!
By Robert Szemcsak on 06/28/09 10:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love this truck. Handling,take off and comfort. I installed a K&N cold air filter and Flow Master Duel muffler-neither helped my gas mileage. The 5 speed auto transmission won't go into over drive until you get above 58 mph-dealer says not enough torque. So I get about 11.5 mpg city and 15.5 highway it came with 17" rims not 20"--BUT I DO LOVE THIS TRUCK. It's fun to drive and the grand kids love to ride in it. Just wish the MPG was better and Trans shifted smoother. But I plan to keep it.

BANG FOR THE BUCK
By Bonez on 05/14/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My dad bought me my grey dodge ram with hemi and laramie, its beautiful. i've raced the new chevy v8 vortec and beat it without skipping a beat. the hemi just kills anything, i have used it for hauling my dirtbikes and driven it super rough cuz im a teenager. gas mileage is decent but i wouldnt trade it for the power. when we bought the truck we were suppose to get free lifetime oil changes then the dealership went out of business.

love my new dodge
By woody on 10/20/08 16:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

leased a new gmc 4x4 truck every 2 years since 1998 all loaded with every option, panicked when gas prices went up and got a g-6 (junk). gm would not help me out of a bad deal so took the loss and purchased 2005 dodge Laramie 4x4 4 door loaded to the max moonroof the works, black cherry 20 " wheels you name it. hemi all the toys. i will no longer go to a gm truck this thing rocks