2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Sort Reviews by

Just RAM it!
By tvilla

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My first dodge and its an 05 ram HEMI 4x4 quad cab w/20's. The power is awesome. Got this ram with 59k miles and now have 111000. It has been flawless. It has taken me anywhere I have wanted to go. I have traveled and slept in it many times so it is very comfortable. Was moving from Tx to Az with a camper shell. So I packed it out as much as would fit. Put my wifes 4000 pound car on a tow dolly and packed it out .. I still did 75 mph and sometimes 80. It runs and idles so smooth you'd think it was brand new! Even w/o dual exhaust it still roars when you get on it. And its quiet when you don't.

Favorite Features

My favorite features is the Hemi. The gas mileage is not even that bad for something that has so much power. The power still surprises me when I jump on it and it throws me back. And the 4x4 has gotten me out of being stranded in snow storms on a few occasions.

Suggested Improvements

As far as improvements the back seat could of used more room and if it would've fit my budget I would have got a mega-cab.

one issue in one year not too bad
By jake120

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

i have owned my reg cab 4.7l 4x4 automatic truck since january and truck has far exceeded my expectations, i have always owned chevy and last two let me down so i figured i would give dodge a chance. i bought it with 60,000 and have put 25000 miles on so far only issue i ran into was both front wheel bearings went on me and they are not the easiest to fix, have heard this is an issue with these at that mileage. other than that truck has been awesome. has descent gas mileage for what it is and has sufficient power i would buy it again in a heartbeat

Favorite Features

interior room, 4.7l engine, ground clearance,

Suggested Improvements

replace front wheel hub assembley, make section where bolts to assembly are wider so you dont have to pull whole front end apart to replace it.

2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7 liter Hemi Quad Cab, SLT
By lee5720

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new and have never regretted it. I like it very much. The ride is very comfortable and the dash board controls are easy to understand and easy to reach while driving.

Favorite Features

This truck came with a sprayed in bed liner which is great. It beats those plastic drop in liners. I like the sliding rear window and the storage under the rear seat. There is ample foot room in the rear seat. The arm rest storage unit between the front seats is large and easy to get into. The ride is smooth and does not feel like a truck at all. I haven't towed anything yet, but there is no doubt this truck will handle the load. The gas mileage isn't too bad for a 5.7 Hemi (11 in town and 15 on the open road. The ONLY thing that has ever gone wrong with this truck is a burned out brake light (which isn't even a problem).

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestion I might make to help improve this vehicle is to add a couple extra interior lights lower, below the heater controls so the drink tray and ashtray are more visible when driving at night.

By First & Last Dodge

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The specs: 4.7 magnum, auto, rwd, quad cab, sb. Have had the truck for 5 weeks. Truck has been in shop for 11 days. Work completed: head gaskets (2), timing chain, radiator replaced and water pump. Have had the truck back for a week and the check engine light is now on. On the up side the truck gets 16 mpg mixed driving, rides fairly well and looks good.

Favorite Features

The truck looks good. Gas mileage is satisfactory. 4.7 does have plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Reliability and build quality

Great versatile truck with 4.7L
By amf

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased a used quad cab with the 4.7 L and the 5 speed auto. It had the 20" wheels, which the dealer traded out for me to the chrome 16's. Dynamite combo; this gives you the 4.7 L with 3.9 gears and standard wheels which == good towing (7k), good power and good mileage (16-18 HWY). I've towed tractors, horses and building materials for 3 years with no repairs. Better truck than any ford I've ever had.

Favorite Features

The five speed auto is smooth and sure. The bed size is perfect; I wanted a quad cab with a USABLE bed and this is the best one on the market.

Suggested Improvements

none

Never again!
By 1ruger4570

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I Bought this truck because I had heard good things about the new Dodge trucks in 2005. I have regretted it. Problems include: EGR valve, rough idle (fuel filter is attached to the fuel pump, replacement of one means replacement of both) the adjustable driver's seat track has broken five times in 39,000 miles. When the seat track breaks the seat freely travels back and forth upon acceleration or braking (dangerous and painful). Dodge has told me that they do not care. Their very high up management has told me that the safety of one person is not that important to them since there have not been many other complaints. Never again will I buy a Dodge. They do not believe in their product.

Favorite Features

Great styling. Great room for driver. Very comfortable to drive. Premium cloth seating is very nice and comfortable. Boxed frame seems sufficiently strong. Relatively quiet and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

larger back seat. Fix the EGR system. Beef up the front suspension and steering. Doors howl very loud in a cross-wind. Fix the crummy design of the adjustable bucket seating. Realize that the consumer's safety is very important or payback the American people's money and go out of business.

Real world review, no bias
By jcmalibuboats

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Do not purchase this truck, they die at 62,000 miles. Bought mine new in 2006, maintained a perfect service record, and I was rewarded with nine trips to the dealership over the years for different issues. I am not a "brand" guy and this has no impact on my review, but in the interest of full disclosure I will never by another Daimler Chrysler product again. The dealer service is poor and was nearly a victim of consumer fraud at College Station Lithia Dodge.

Favorite Features

Seats

Suggested Improvements

All basic mechanical operation, transmission, driveline seals, bearings on drivetrain and wheels, differential, and transmission filter. If you are a brand guy you will ignore this review anyways, but if you are not, do not make the same mistake that I did. Pay the extra money & get something else

Love it BUT!!
By Robert Szemcsak

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love this truck. Handling,take off and comfort. I installed a K&N cold air filter and Flow Master Duel muffler-neither helped my gas mileage. The 5 speed auto transmission won't go into over drive until you get above 58 mph-dealer says not enough torque. So I get about 11.5 mpg city and 15.5 highway it came with 17" rims not 20"--BUT I DO LOVE THIS TRUCK. It's fun to drive and the grand kids love to ride in it. Just wish the MPG was better and Trans shifted smoother. But I plan to keep it.

Favorite Features

It has plenty of room inside-good visibility and great handling--just fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

How to improve MPG and Trans shifting

BANG FOR THE BUCK
By Bonez

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My dad bought me my grey dodge ram with hemi and laramie, its beautiful. i've raced the new chevy v8 vortec and beat it without skipping a beat. the hemi just kills anything, i have used it for hauling my dirtbikes and driven it super rough cuz im a teenager. gas mileage is decent but i wouldnt trade it for the power. when we bought the truck we were suppose to get free lifetime oil changes then the dealership went out of business.

Favorite Features

can you say HEMI? leather, 20 inch rims, breaking power, and the womanizer but borat has a different word for that. seat heaters, tinted windows, payload and towing capacity. ITs a stand out in the crowd!!! get one they're cheap

Suggested Improvements

sound system, stock tires, anti slip,more comfort in the cabin for the seats. needs air suspension, and xm satellite

love my new dodge
By woody

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

leased a new gmc 4x4 truck every 2 years since 1998 all loaded with every option, panicked when gas prices went up and got a g-6 (junk). gm would not help me out of a bad deal so took the loss and purchased 2005 dodge Laramie 4x4 4 door loaded to the max moonroof the works, black cherry 20 " wheels you name it. hemi all the toys. i will no longer go to a gm truck this thing rocks

Favorite Features

hemi interior options the whole thing

Suggested Improvements

you can only dream hemi power with 6 cyl gas mileage