Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

God I love This Truck
By The_Dober_Man

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Well, If you're looking for fuel efficiency, don't buy it. If you're looking to crush sports cars, Lightnings, C600's, this is the truck for you. I've even beat a few SRT8's, almost all SRT4's, and ticked off a few Vettes while it was still stock. What's really fun is when you hit it, and put everyones head in the back of the seat! I for sure bought the right truck for fun.

Favorite Features

My aftermarket exhaust and turbo kit are my favorite features. I have two pipes into one large oval on the back. Makes it look a little tougher and sounds better now.

Suggested Improvements

I think the interior should have had a dual din dash for the radio for all of the SRT's. I had to buy a custom dash for it to convert it. Kind of a pain. And the nav stinks on it. No map, just directions, which are cool to a point, but if there is construction, I'd like to see alternate routes.

V-8 HUNTER
By V8-HUNTER

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I have ever purchased. I have done some extensive mods (custom paint, lambo doors, rims, exhaust, cold air, etc.) but it just added to the fun. I go to many car shows and always get tons of questions or people just look in awe at the engine. It's a shame they stopped producing them. If they ever decide to start up again with maybe 600 hp plus engine, I would be first in line.

Favorite Features

Power, power, and more power. For a full size truck it handles great

Suggested Improvements

On the aftermarket Mopar parts, they should be able to install these at a Dodge dealer and not void the factory warranty.

1 MPG per Cylinder
By Up in Smoke

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

What a fun truck. It is without a doubt the baddest truck ever built. My biggest complaint is when people ask me how I like that Hemi engine. Maybe if the "viper powered" decal was bigger that wouldn't happen. Brakes are the best of any car, let alone truck out there. handling is great, for a truck. Ride is stiff, but not bad. I'd rather tow with my diesel Ram, so I do. The SRT is just for hauling around town. 0-60 is good, 0-120 is great, 70- 120, not so good, but it is a heavy brick wall to move through the air at those speeds. Buy one and step up, this is the only truck a true "car-guy" can drive.

Favorite Features

Brakes, wheels, seatd, and of course the engine under that hood. A Viper is an Icon, the fact that it's motor (with almost no modifications) is under the hood of a truck is something only MOPAR could/would do.

Suggested Improvements

More power, always more power. the Quad cabs need am extra gear or 2. The 6- speeds in Reg Cabs have better/more ratios to enjoy the power. the auto trans only has 4 gears, should have at least 5, 6 would be great. I guess I'll just get a gear vendor put on mine and end up with 8 gears

Bad paint, tough truck
By Ram Jam

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

The Ram 1500 4x4 4 door is a strong truck with some problems. It has a view issue when turning to your left. The exterior paint is failing from under the clear coat to the top. Bad grip during wet conditions. It has type of skip when A/C is on and in idle. The dealership showed that all the '05s have it. The bed cover (extra) lock quit working. Engine is powerful though.

Favorite Features

Strong engine and body style

Suggested Improvements

Better visuals when turning. Better suspension. Paint job!

SRT10 smokes
By BOB

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Hands down this truck sets the curve.. personally I would like all that power and performance in a 4x4 .This is my first truck not a 4x4. and was aprehensive, but I am happy with the performance. I know however the day will come when it is stuck on the job site and I am looking for another powered axle. but until then, giddy up!

Favorite Features

Absolute performance and power and I get to drive it to work.

Suggested Improvements

Make the 6 speed tranny available in the quad cab? 4x4?