2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

God I love This Truck
By The_Dober_Man

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Well, If you're looking for fuel efficiency, don't buy it. If you're looking to crush sports cars, Lightnings, C600's, this is the truck for you. I've even beat a few SRT8's, almost all SRT4's, and ticked off a few Vettes while it was still stock. What's really fun is when you hit it, and put everyones head in the back of the seat! I for sure bought the right truck for fun.

Favorite Features

My aftermarket exhaust and turbo kit are my favorite features. I have two pipes into one large oval on the back. Makes it look a little tougher and sounds better now.

Suggested Improvements

I think the interior should have had a dual din dash for the radio for all of the SRT's. I had to buy a custom dash for it to convert it. Kind of a pain. And the nav stinks on it. No map, just directions, which are cool to a point, but if there is construction, I'd like to see alternate routes.

V-8 HUNTER
By V8-HUNTER

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I have ever purchased. I have done some extensive mods (custom paint, lambo doors, rims, exhaust, cold air, etc.) but it just added to the fun. I go to many car shows and always get tons of questions or people just look in awe at the engine. It's a shame they stopped producing them. If they ever decide to start up again with maybe 600 hp plus engine, I would be first in line.

Favorite Features

Power, power, and more power. For a full size truck it handles great

Suggested Improvements

On the aftermarket Mopar parts, they should be able to install these at a Dodge dealer and not void the factory warranty.

1 MPG per Cylinder
By Up in Smoke

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

What a fun truck. It is without a doubt the baddest truck ever built. My biggest complaint is when people ask me how I like that Hemi engine. Maybe if the "viper powered" decal was bigger that wouldn't happen. Brakes are the best of any car, let alone truck out there. handling is great, for a truck. Ride is stiff, but not bad. I'd rather tow with my diesel Ram, so I do. The SRT is just for hauling around town. 0-60 is good, 0-120 is great, 70- 120, not so good, but it is a heavy brick wall to move through the air at those speeds. Buy one and step up, this is the only truck a true "car-guy" can drive.

Favorite Features

Brakes, wheels, seatd, and of course the engine under that hood. A Viper is an Icon, the fact that it's motor (with almost no modifications) is under the hood of a truck is something only MOPAR could/would do.

Suggested Improvements

More power, always more power. the Quad cabs need am extra gear or 2. The 6- speeds in Reg Cabs have better/more ratios to enjoy the power. the auto trans only has 4 gears, should have at least 5, 6 would be great. I guess I'll just get a gear vendor put on mine and end up with 8 gears

Bad paint, tough truck
By Ram Jam

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

The Ram 1500 4x4 4 door is a strong truck with some problems. It has a view issue when turning to your left. The exterior paint is failing from under the clear coat to the top. Bad grip during wet conditions. It has type of skip when A/C is on and in idle. The dealership showed that all the '05s have it. The bed cover (extra) lock quit working. Engine is powerful though.

Favorite Features

Strong engine and body style

Suggested Improvements

Better visuals when turning. Better suspension. Paint job!

SRT10 smokes
By BOB

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Hands down this truck sets the curve.. personally I would like all that power and performance in a 4x4 .This is my first truck not a 4x4. and was aprehensive, but I am happy with the performance. I know however the day will come when it is stuck on the job site and I am looking for another powered axle. but until then, giddy up!

Favorite Features

Absolute performance and power and I get to drive it to work.

Suggested Improvements

Make the 6 speed tranny available in the quad cab? 4x4?

The Best Truck Ever
By Adrian

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

This truck is fun to drive. One can feel the power as soon as you start it. Not all cars give you the same feel. My wife has the Porsche Cayenne Turbo and it doesn't come close, it just doesn't feel lke a true 500hp car. With this Dodge baby you know what you have under the hood. The driving is great, although, the turns are a bit wider than most trucks. The only compaint I get from my wife is that the seats are not very comfortable for long travel, and the gas usage, well let's put it this way, those who buy this type of trucks really shouldn't care about that, we know is high, but this truck is a luxury. Last word, this truck make you feel like you're driving a nascar.

Favorite Features

The outside styling, the stereo is great,the navigation sys, the U Connect for the mobile, but overall the outside styling. This truck catches your eye.

Suggested Improvements

Defetnitly the seats, they look great, like a racing car should look, but they're just not comfortable, and after a four hour drive your back will let you know that.

This truck is awesome
By TIm Bonneville

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I have never enjoyed driving a vehicle like this since I was 16 and got my first vehicle. Drives like a sports car and I do not feel like I am scooting along on the ground. Anyone looking for a performance truck should take a serious look at this vehicle.

Favorite Features

The seats are comfortable like sitting in an easy chair at home.

Suggested Improvements

As any adrenaline junkie would say."More Horsepower"

1 Fast truck
By OCBob

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

You can write a review of this truck with just 3 letters, fun! Since buying the truck my C5 vette has been sitting in the garage gathering dust. This truck is just too much fun to park!

Favorite Features

That big, bad Viper motor.

Suggested Improvements

They are changing the nav system for 06, and it is badly needed. The version in the 05 is almost useless.

Ram
By mark noland

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

The truck is a ball to drive and handles great. I haven't felt that much power since I had my LS6 70 Chevelle. Dodge did it right building this truck. Try it, you'll like it.

Favorite Features

Horsepower, handling, and just driving the truck.

Suggested Improvements

Different brake pads, too much brake dust from factory pads. Other than that its great.

SRT-10
By Brian Scarpone

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

I have owned vehicle for a little over 6 months. Only problem was with the radio. Two days after purchase it stopped working. But It took Chrysler over 5 months to repair the problem because the part was on back order.The truck has great braking, handles more like a sports car than a truck. First look at the undercarriage and you can see that it is more than a pickup with a large engine. Much more comfotable than a GTS or a SRT10 Viper. Not as fast but more fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Aggressive looks, Seats,Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Screen size for optional GPS is too small.Unusable. It would be nice to see a dual exhaust(on each side)More Badging on the vehicle.A little more attention under the hood. Chrysler even left the extra battery box under the hood for their one ton chassis. A litte more attention for close to 50k.