Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

For my wife !!!
By Roy

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

My wife had a 4 dr truck she loved. She drove it tell it started falling apart. Her dream car is a Viper so I bought her the best of both. A 4 dr srt-10 Viper she loves the truck and I rarely get to drive this one. It has excellent acceleration and braking to match great combo for a truck and fun to drive.

God I love This Truck
By The_Dober_Man

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Well, If you're looking for fuel efficiency, don't buy it. If you're looking to crush sports cars, Lightnings, C600's, this is the truck for you. I've even beat a few SRT8's, almost all SRT4's, and ticked off a few Vettes while it was still stock. What's really fun is when you hit it, and put everyones head in the back of the seat! I for sure bought the right truck for fun.

My aftermarket exhaust and turbo kit are my favorite features. I have two pipes into one large oval on the back. Makes it look a little tougher and sounds better now.

I think the interior should have had a dual din dash for the radio for all of the SRT's. I had to buy a custom dash for it to convert it. Kind of a pain. And the nav stinks on it. No map, just directions, which are cool to a point, but if there is construction, I'd like to see alternate routes.

V-8 HUNTER
By V8-HUNTER

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I have ever purchased. I have done some extensive mods (custom paint, lambo doors, rims, exhaust, cold air, etc.) but it just added to the fun. I go to many car shows and always get tons of questions or people just look in awe at the engine. It's a shame they stopped producing them. If they ever decide to start up again with maybe 600 hp plus engine, I would be first in line.

Power, power, and more power. For a full size truck it handles great

On the aftermarket Mopar parts, they should be able to install these at a Dodge dealer and not void the factory warranty.

1 MPG per Cylinder
By Up in Smoke

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

What a fun truck. It is without a doubt the baddest truck ever built. My biggest complaint is when people ask me how I like that Hemi engine. Maybe if the "viper powered" decal was bigger that wouldn't happen. Brakes are the best of any car, let alone truck out there. handling is great, for a truck. Ride is stiff, but not bad. I'd rather tow with my diesel Ram, so I do. The SRT is just for hauling around town. 0-60 is good, 0-120 is great, 70- 120, not so good, but it is a heavy brick wall to move through the air at those speeds. Buy one and step up, this is the only truck a true "car-guy" can drive.

Brakes, wheels, seatd, and of course the engine under that hood. A Viper is an Icon, the fact that it's motor (with almost no modifications) is under the hood of a truck is something only MOPAR could/would do.

More power, always more power. the Quad cabs need am extra gear or 2. The 6- speeds in Reg Cabs have better/more ratios to enjoy the power. the auto trans only has 4 gears, should have at least 5, 6 would be great. I guess I'll just get a gear vendor put on mine and end up with 8 gears

Bad paint, tough truck
By Ram Jam

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

The Ram 1500 4x4 4 door is a strong truck with some problems. It has a view issue when turning to your left. The exterior paint is failing from under the clear coat to the top. Bad grip during wet conditions. It has type of skip when A/C is on and in idle. The dealership showed that all the '05s have it. The bed cover (extra) lock quit working. Engine is powerful though.

Strong engine and body style

Better visuals when turning. Better suspension. Paint job!