2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 8.3L V10 6-speed Manual 6.2 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-10 Regular Cab Pickup (8.3L V10 6-speed Manual 6.2 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
The Beast
By mike thompson on 01/02/09 06:49 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I went looking for a high performance truck from the start. One test drive and I had to have this beast. Don't give a darn about gas mileage. I get about 12mpg in the city and 16mpg on the road. Added a Volant cool air system which makes the engine compartment even better looking. I've had so many people just want to stop me and look at the engine. Plan on adding a supercharger when my extended warranty runs out. Lambo doors in a few weeks for looks.

Oregon viper
By BEN GRIM on 06/15/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought my 05 Viper SRT 10 in Tucson AZ. When I first seen it I knew I had to have it. It is white with blue stripes that goes from the front to the rear of the vehicle. 2 dr with all the bells and whistles of course 6 speed. I'm running on 22" like any true player would. My truck is 99 out of 200 made that year. I was told that this might possibly be a collectors item. I presently have 6000 miles on it, shall I sell or keep?!

Bad to the Bone
By Kenneth H. Lawrence on 04/07/07 20:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This the pinnacle of performance trucking. it's a shame that these beast are not produced anymore!

I would marry this truck!
By Better than a man... on 01/30/07 20:36 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I absolutly love this truck. The looks you get, the power it has. This truck will put you back in your seat! I don't think I will ever sell it. I got the black one and it looks really sharp, but hard to keep clean. That is the only thing I would change.

Pure Fun
By KURT HOFFMAN on 11/20/06 18:24 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

What can I say that has not already been said? It is pure fun and excitment to drive, and it sure makes heads turn when you drive by. I had to get used to how well this "truck" handles. It bounced me around because the response is so fast and exact. I love it and don't plan on replacing it any time soon.

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L truck
By coronas on 07/05/06 17:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

It is a really nice truck to own. It turns heads everywhere you go. If only gas was cheaper than $2.00 dollars so that one could ride it more.

Ram SRT10 is a BLAST!
By SWAF on 05/19/06 10:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is so much fun! The engine is incredible, the shifts are fairly short considering the length of the lever. Stereo is pretty good, the sub will make the rear view mirror a little tough to see on the heavy bass - worth it to enjoy the good vibrations. So far gas mileage has been pretty good, much better than expected. Handling has also been very positive as have the very comfortable and supportive seats. Hope the quality holds up, so far so good.

Muscle Truck
By VIPERAM on 05/07/06 16:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought the truck 2 months ago and cannot believe that I used to to think my Vortec 454 Chevy was powerful. This truck is awesome to say the least. The V10, 22" wheels, 500 watt stereo, stainless steel trim package are all great. Some owners complain about the mileage, I didn't buy the SRT because it was fuel efficient I bought it because it was fun. I am 40 years old and the truck is one of the fastest vehicles I have ever driven and the fastest I have ever owned. Nice job Dodge!

Ram SRT-10
By Ronnie on 03/11/06 06:20 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

When I saw my Ram SRT I fell in love with the way it looked. It looks like it is flying when it is just sitting still. The front of the truck is unlike any other truck out there, being styled very aggressive looking and shouting get out of my way. The interior is actually very comfortable and stylish. The performance of the truck is the main reason I had to have it. The Viper drivetrain is the heart of the truck which makes it a beast. I have driven the truck on small trips to visit family which is 130 miles round trip. The speed limit is 55 mph the entire trip. The truck has averaged 16.5 to 17.8 mpg at a constant speed of 62 mph in 6th gear at 1400 rpm several times. Highway miles only!

Remove before flight
By ibcrazee on 11/10/05 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Hurricane totaled my '04 and i just had to have another. It's roomy, sporty and has unbelievable power. It may not pin you in your seat, but your neck will snap!