Used 2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Grandma-na-viper
By Tammy

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I have owned this truck for 10 years... all I can say is "HOLD ON". Not a good idea to "hot dog" in the rain, the rear end is so light it could get away from ya.. but on dry flat surface... good bye! Still handles like a dream at 11yrs old. Interior still like new. Exterior paint didn't last more than a few years.

For my wife !!!
By Roy

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

My wife had a 4 dr truck she loved. She drove it tell it started falling apart. Her dream car is a Viper so I bought her the best of both. A 4 dr srt-10 Viper she loves the truck and I rarely get to drive this one. It has excellent acceleration and braking to match great combo for a truck and fun to drive.

Good truck
By Jason warren

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is my third dodge truck I have had great dealer support 4.7 engine is reliable but could use a better torque curve

i wish....
By ultramark

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

CONS-Poor build quality for the 3.7L, The bearings are Aluminum :(
-also the gauges are practically dummy gauges, oil pressure gauge reads "normal", even if low pressure is going on. Very disappointed to find "spun" AL bearings, when the oil gauge read normal, >>"Each time the cluster receives a message from the PCM or ECM indicating the engine oil pressure is about 6 psi (very low) or lower, the check gauges indicator will be illuminated.", otherwise reads "normal" = your engine might already be already destroyed, (mine 100k),
the 3.7 rebuild is almost as expensive as a Hemi & about 1000$ more than 4.7 ect. Very disappointed to find oil sludging was an issue with the vehicle as well.

PROS-Price, good looks & ride, spacious interior, fair towing ability, good abs brakes (not std), 2wd

Real gauges are needed for oil (cause of Aluminium parts) and temp (Aluminium heads), the CD player as others have commented upon, randomly does not work. (ended up swapping it out), never got over 17mpg ever. usually 15-16mpg. The oil seals are not very good, tried using synthetic oil and it leaked badly.

Just RAM it!
By tvilla

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My first dodge and its an 05 ram HEMI 4x4 quad cab w/20's.
The power is awesome. Got this ram with 59k miles and now have 111000.
It has been flawless.
It has taken me anywhere I have wanted to go.
I have traveled and slept in it many times so it is very comfortable.
Was moving from Tx to Az with a camper shell. So I packed it out as much as would fit.
Put my wifes 4000 pound car on a tow dolly and packed it out .. I still did 75 mph and sometimes 80. It runs and idles so smooth you'd think it was brand new! Even w/o dual exhaust it still roars when you get on it. And its quiet when you don't.

My favorite features is the Hemi. The gas mileage is not even that bad for something that has so much power. The power still surprises me when I jump on it and it throws me back. And the 4x4 has gotten me out of being stranded in snow storms on a few occasions.

As far as improvements the back seat could of used more room and if it would've fit my budget I would have got a mega-cab.