2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
i wish....
By ultramark on 11/18/13 10:47 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

CONS-Poor build quality for the 3.7L, The bearings are Aluminum :( -also the gauges are practically dummy gauges, oil pressure gauge reads "normal", even if low pressure is going on. Very disappointed to find "spun" AL bearings, when the oil gauge read normal, >>"Each time the cluster receives a message from the PCM or ECM indicating the engine oil pressure is about 6 psi (very low) or lower, the check gauges indicator will be illuminated.", otherwise reads "normal" = your engine might already be already destroyed, (mine 100k), the 3.7 rebuild is almost as expensive as a Hemi & about 1000$ more than 4.7 ect. Very disappointed to find oil sludging was an issue with the vehicle as well.

Just RAM it!
By tvilla on 02/09/12 21:02 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

My first dodge and its an 05 ram HEMI 4x4 quad cab w/20's. The power is awesome. Got this ram with 59k miles and now have 111000. It has been flawless. It has taken me anywhere I have wanted to go. I have traveled and slept in it many times so it is very comfortable. Was moving from Tx to Az with a camper shell. So I packed it out as much as would fit. Put my wifes 4000 pound car on a tow dolly and packed it out .. I still did 75 mph and sometimes 80. It runs and idles so smooth you'd think it was brand new! Even w/o dual exhaust it still roars when you get on it. And its quiet when you don't.

one issue in one year not too bad
By jake120 on 12/25/11 18:26 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

i have owned my reg cab 4.7l 4x4 automatic truck since january and truck has far exceeded my expectations, i have always owned chevy and last two let me down so i figured i would give dodge a chance. i bought it with 60,000 and have put 25000 miles on so far only issue i ran into was both front wheel bearings went on me and they are not the easiest to fix, have heard this is an issue with these at that mileage. other than that truck has been awesome. has descent gas mileage for what it is and has sufficient power i would buy it again in a heartbeat

2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7 liter Hemi Quad Cab, SLT
By lee5720 on 12/13/10 12:29 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck new and have never regretted it. I like it very much. The ride is very comfortable and the dash board controls are easy to understand and easy to reach while driving.

My Ram
By Mark on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I own a 2005 Dodge Ram with a 3.7 V6 with an automatic transmission. I have 61,000 miles and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my truck, well except for the factory cd player which only takes a few of my cd's and spits the rest out. I wish I could have gotten a quad cab with a V8 but I got a good deal on this one. I was skeptical about the small V6 but it is plenty capable of getting around. I have driven the V8's and the power difference is noticeable but all I really care about is reliability. The ride is a bit more lively due to the short WB but it feels solid. The brakes are outstanding. The Ram is the best Truck nowadays and if you're considering one, trust me- V8 is a must!!

Love it!
By Srodeogirl7 on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I just purchased my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7. V8, 6 Speed Manual a couple of days ago, used of course but in great shape. Best truck for my money! It is a great drive seats are way better on my bad back than my previous Ford. Love the power and having 6 speeds. I also love that i am a 5' tall girl and I can still reach the clutch with no problems. Great truck, i might have to become a Dodge girl!

By First & Last Dodge on 08/01/10 05:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

The specs: 4.7 magnum, auto, rwd, quad cab, sb. Have had the truck for 5 weeks. Truck has been in shop for 11 days. Work completed: head gaskets (2), timing chain, radiator replaced and water pump. Have had the truck back for a week and the check engine light is now on. On the up side the truck gets 16 mpg mixed driving, rides fairly well and looks good.

Great versatile truck with 4.7L
By amf on 06/17/10 13:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased a used quad cab with the 4.7 L and the 5 speed auto. It had the 20" wheels, which the dealer traded out for me to the chrome 16's. Dynamite combo; this gives you the 4.7 L with 3.9 gears and standard wheels which == good towing (7k), good power and good mileage (16-18 HWY). I've towed tractors, horses and building materials for 3 years with no repairs. Better truck than any ford I've ever had.

Never again!
By 1ruger4570 on 06/11/10 12:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I Bought this truck because I had heard good things about the new Dodge trucks in 2005. I have regretted it. Problems include: EGR valve, rough idle (fuel filter is attached to the fuel pump, replacement of one means replacement of both) the adjustable driver's seat track has broken five times in 39,000 miles. When the seat track breaks the seat freely travels back and forth upon acceleration or braking (dangerous and painful). Dodge has told me that they do not care. Their very high up management has told me that the safety of one person is not that important to them since there have not been many other complaints. Never again will I buy a Dodge. They do not believe in their product.

Real world review, no bias
By jcmalibuboats on 03/30/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Do not purchase this truck, they die at 62,000 miles. Bought mine new in 2006, maintained a perfect service record, and I was rewarded with nine trips to the dealership over the years for different issues. I am not a "brand" guy and this has no impact on my review, but in the interest of full disclosure I will never by another Daimler Chrysler product again. The dealer service is poor and was nearly a victim of consumer fraud at College Station Lithia Dodge.