Sweet Truck
By Gavin on
2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I bought this 04 Dodge Hemi in April of 2007. It's a sweet truck. It's got everything but a sunroof. This truck is very fun to drive except on really wet roads with some standing water. The 20" tires seem to hydroplane too much. (but yes I do love the way they look) On snowy roads they seem to do the same thing. I never felt like I had good traction in the winter. My 95 Dakota felt more stable. The gas mileage isn't very good around town 11/12.2 is the best I've seen. Freeway is OK but I never broke 16, until I got a K&N (just the pop in filter). The cold air intake is to loud. After I put the filter in,after about 300 miles I would get high 16s and 17s on trips if I drove around 75mph.
Favorite Features
Leather, sound system, looks, power, ( I would tow 6000 pounds on the freeway it did awesome) Fun to drive. The four doors but the need to be bigger. Kids can kick your seat. But over all an awesome truck! I've loved having one.
Suggested Improvements
Tires, you can find a good looking tire and not feel unstable in rain or snow. It also seemed on hot summer days the AC if it was run run high for a while it seemed to really effect the power. It always blowed cold though. I've really eenjoyed the truck overall. They look cool and fun to drive.