2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Dodge RAM

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

SLT Regular Cab Pickup (4.7L V8 5-speed Manual 6.3 ft. Bed)

Dodge RAM
By motorola on

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

After 20 years of loyal Ford ownership, I decieded to take a look at other truck manufacturers because I just didn't like the look of the new regular cab f-150. Decieted on Dodge over GMC/Chevrolet after test driving all three. The interior of the Ram feels much more spacious than the other two, which is good because I'm a big boy (6'3", 280lbs). I also like the agressive exterior looks. The Ram just looks mean. Besides the good looks, what really sold me was the power of the HEMI engine and the way the Ram handles. For such a big truck this thing can is quite nimble and it also has great breaking ability.

Besides the usual (great looks, and HEMI engine), my favorite feature is the way this truck handles. The steering is efforless and responsive.

I think one area that Dodge may be losing customers is for the extended cab market. Even though I was in the market for the regular cab, I know some people want the extended cab, w/0 going as far as the quad cab.