Not bad for a Dodge
By David on
2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)
My first dodge since my parents had a aspen. Bought it used with 23,000 now showing 56,000 and have no problems with the truck. I replacing the plugs after 20,000 and found it easy to do. Flushed all fluids and again it not expensive to do. Fit and finish is fine for a truck. Seats a little flat but do work and easy to keep clean. Plastic hard but easy to clean. Not a perfect truck but those thinking none American companies can do better they can not. Owned a toy and a kia and traded them for Ford and Dodge. Read owners manual and keep up on the maintenance and found that these truck are pretty good. Now thinking of replacing the Ford with a Charger. Most reviews are good.
Favorite Features
4.7 is a good mix of power and economy. I'm averaging 17 combine highway city driving. Smooth riding and good brakes. Easy repairs that I can do most myself. Dodge keeps the interior simple and clean a plus in my book. Four rotors even on the st trim, like mine.
Suggested Improvements
Wish I had four wheel ABS and not two. Both time my front wheels locked where panic stops on the rain. Mechanical engine fan when engaged takes the power out of the 4.7. Like many, switching to all electrical fan setup solved that. Paint is easy to chip