Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram-pickup-1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

All Around Great Truck
By JJ

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the truck with the 5.7L Hemi and gas mileage is great. Getting between 18.5 and 19.9 miles per gallon highway driving between 60-65 mph. Climb any hill with ease and power to spare. With 55000 miles on the original tires I still have substantial tread wear remaining on the original tires, never had a vehicle with this attribute including Toyotas and Ford pickup trucks

Favorite Features

Hemi performance and cab space

Suggested Improvements

Down side is cost of doing manufacturers suggested maintenance. At 30000 miles cost is $800

2004 Dodge Cummins
By drhodie

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Without the Cummins engine this truck would be plastic on wheels. The transmissions have always been and will always be a problem for Dodge. The interior lacks the comfort of Ford, however the exterior looks tough. The truck also rides like a truck, be prepared for back problems.

Favorite Features

Diesel Cummins engine

Suggested Improvements

Transmissions, interior, and suspension

What can I say, wow
By Raven72

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Switched from a 2000 F-150 Lariat last year for my Dodge QC Hemi, Wow what a difference. More power, no problem pulling my trailer and better comfort than the F150. Driving is far better and alot smoother. The interior has enough room where you dont think your sitting next the other person.

Favorite Features

Hemi power. Love it when I step on the pedal and I'm off in a flash. Towing is a joy. I had to keep looking back to make the trailer was still there.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder in the front needs redesigned, keeps sticking. Need to make a brake controller an option.

Great Truck!
By Paul

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my hemi quad cab with 28000 miles and the only problem I have had was a bad O2 sensor in the cat. But all sensors go sooner or later. I had a Ford explorer 4x4 with traction controll which handled well in the snow. The ram surprisingly handled better without adding extra weight to the bed.

Favorite Features

Floor it and put heads into the back or the seat. Hemi power. Lots of room. Best looks of all trucks

Suggested Improvements

The cupholder is the biggest piece of crap. When you want it to open it won't and when you want it to close it doesn't. Also they should put the 6.1L HEMI engine in the rams, just to shut Toyota up (the commercials are annoying)

supercalifragilisticespealadosious
By Andy fan

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Hey there truck buyer! Let me tell you I love my Dodge.Why? One word, Hemi! Wanted a standard cab, a short bed, a 4x4, a Hemi, didnt care about all the frills just the thrills! Who cares about gas mileage when you love to hammer down. I don't really have to drive far to go to work but I sure do like driving to work more than I used to.Only 22000 miles put on by the first owner he also added duel exhaust and flowmaster. Truck is like new. I traded in a 1999 ford f150 5.4 liter that was a real clean truck but the 5.4 cant hold a candle to this Hemi. I heard a 5.3 cDhevy getting down on it the other day, he sounded good but was going nowhere fast. Anyway it drives like a car, rides good, even though its 4x4

Favorite Features

Hemi, interior room, looks, way she handles

Suggested Improvements

Another 150 hp