Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Done with Dodge
By Done with Dodge

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Overall, very dissatisfied with the engineering of this truck. The front doors rub and cut the weatherstrip off. Wind noise is worst in class. Rattles and squeeks like it has 10 times the mileage it has. The differential had to be replaced at 15k, and requires fluid changes every 15k otherwise. Seat motor burned up early. CD player ate a disk and required the Fonzerello treatment (that's a hard smack in the mouth for those of you who don't remember Happy Days). If anyone owns one, take a look behind the mud flaps on the front wheels, the paint will be worn completly off. The mistake I made in buying this truck was thinking that 35% off sticker price was a good deal.

Favorite Features

Horsepower, this thing will get up and go when it's not in the shop.

Suggested Improvements

Wake up and make a reliable car that doesn't require 2" foam to seal the doors. Wake up again and realize that your door design cuts that 2" foam in half. Wake up again and go test drive a GMC Sierra so you know what a modern truck should feel and handle like.

Steering seizes and engine quits running
By sassytootsie

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

As an owner of 2004 Dodge Ram I am quit scared to drive my truck because I have had two experiences of the steering seizing up and the engine eventually shutting down as I was turning a corner. We took to dealership and they claim there is nothing they could find on the computer?

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is the roomyness of the inside. It is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Need to find out why the steering seizes up and engine shuts down? Scary if you are on the highway going 100 km/hr.

PK's Quad
By PK's Quad Cab

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

First full size, had Dakota's prior need the towing power. Wife and I were very pleased on how it handled on our cross country trip, 9000 miles. Gas mileage was good 21 on hi-way, 17 in city. Only downfall I have is front end suspension squeaks and squawk at slow speeds, in the shop for part replacement several times, no remedy yet. Heard alot about the Hemi glad I stayed with the Magnum. Had to have the door seals replaced, tearing apart near front window and front quarter panel trim. Overall pleased on how it handles and style.

Favorite Features

Pleased with the engine, interior and style. Will buy another down the road, just as long as they don't go towards the boxey like the Dakota.

Suggested Improvements

Front cup holder locking mechanism needs ot be refined, at times hard to open or close. Same goes for the latch assembly on the center seat console.

Quality problems
By dan

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck has a lot of quality problems. The doors rattle and window seals leak. It now has 42000 miles on it and now has starting problems. My dealer that sold it to me is now out of business and "other" Dodge dealers don't want to fix it. This is the last Dodge product I will buy.

Suggested Improvements

Build a better quality body without door rattles, a better ignition system, and make all Dodge dealers honor Chrysler corp.warranties regardless of where you purchased your vehicle.

Jackson's Quad Cab
By Libbo Hound

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Well so far so good, I really wanted a Ford F150 in the same year, but after driving both and looking at each they were about even (except the Dodge looks more manly man) Now I will say the Ford seem to have more get up and go off the start (I only have the V8 Mag and not the HEMI) but seems smoother all in all. Now, I have 21inch rims on mine now (bad choice if you want a non bumpy ride) but the ride is not as bumpy as my buddies Ford with the same rims and tires. Interior has space and room, I have the front bench seat so six total fit in mine.

Favorite Features

I love the room on the interior