2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Go HEMI
By Jakester on 11/28/04 20:58 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned this truck for 5 months now and love it. Previously owned a 1998 Ford F-150 4x4 which had more features than the Dodge but the Ram has much more power and towing capabilities and looks better. The Dodge cab is also bigger than the Ford cab. Obviously if you buy a full-size truck the gas mileage is going to suffer. I average 13.9 miles a gallon between the highway and around town.

good
By Andrew18 on 11/23/04 05:51 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have not had the car long But i found the car is comfrotable and fun to drive But it is a bit heavy on petrol

Wheel fell off new 2004 Dodge Ram
By Dee Dee on 11/13/04 11:25 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

We purchased a new 2004 Doge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 in Sept. of this year. With 400 kilometers on the truck, my husband headed off from Ontario Canada to Texas to pick up our son. On the way back in Arkansas (Fort Smith) a wheel fell off the truck. The axle, bearing, etc. was all destroyed. The truck at this time had 3400 kilometers on it. We had it repaired and my husband came back home with no problems. We have written to Chrysler (weeks ago) and have heard nothing. I guess they feel that this type of extreme failure is not worth their attention. We have bought Chrysler products for the last 30 years and we will NEVER, EVER, buy another one.

Better than Mercedes Cars!!!
By MercedesGuy20years! on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

20 years Mercedes owner driver! Not going back to them. Dodge has won my heart, money and soul!

big bad dodge
By john russell on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

very nice..smooth truck. rides great on interstate..even with 20s...highley recomend this to anyone.

Powerful and Macho Looking
By Joaco on 10/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

For the price of the Ram 1500 Laramie is the best truck you can find at this price with this quality and this power. Very nice looking, flashy and all kind of job.

2004 Feedback, real world
By accesstoo on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought one in July of 2004. SLT w' Hemi/3.55 axle in hopes of getting adequate gas mileage. I expected it to burn fuel in Atlanta traffic, devour comes to mind..in town w/5 spd auto and easy on the pedal? 11- 13mpg. As far as power? Truthfully, I don't "feel" 345 hp worth...I test drove one w/3.92 axle...a bit more torque as expected but not that great...I test drove the regular 8 w/4sp auto..good enough for most, I simply wanted the HD cooling & towing...coupled w hemi, it can do just about anything...to be expected with this Hemi...Overall, extremely satisified, excellent value for the money...better bang for your buck..period and I have owned Chevy's and Fords

My first Dodge
By doittoit on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased the Ram Quad Cab SLT with the Hemi 5.7 engine, because of reviews I read on the internet. I wasn't disappointed. I pull a 27ft camper trailer that weighs about 7200lbs. The Hemi pulls it with ease and the truck itself feels much more stable pulling than my 2002 ext cab Silverado did. The Hemi is very thirsty, especially when pulling. I averaged about 7.5 mpg while towing.

My 3rd Ram
By Ram Man on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I will not say that Chevy and Ford trucks stink because they don't.I am honest in saying I owned a Tahoe and hated it. I am on my third Ram. I had a 96 single cab that was an underpowered V6. I did love it though. I owned a 99 5.2L quad cab with a manual transmission. I enjoyed that truck, but I had almost 130000 miles on it. It was time to get a new one. I bought a 2004 Black Quad Cab Sport Edition Hemi 1500. To say it is my favorite of the trucks is an understatement. It has so much base power, over 100 more horses than my last Ram. I will drive this for 200,000 miles. It is smooth as glass with the power of a sports car, and it hauls serious weight.

You've come a long way, baby
By J T B on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

We almost bought the Nissan Titan but got a much better deal on the Dodge (our has the Hemi, but Edmunds for some reason doesn't list that engine as a choice..???). We got the sport appearance package instead of the chrome, looks much better and alot more menacing. The 20" wheel option looks cool, but it can turn the ride a bit jiggly, so try before you buy. It's my wife's daily driver, but when she's not looking I sneak it out whenever I get the chance ;-)