Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

That 's my Hemi
By verhoeckx

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, fun to drive, handles very well for a big truck. Brakes are great, engine preformace is unbelievable for such a large vehicle. In the last three years of ownership the only problem I have had was a leaking left front shock. That was replaced under warranty. On the hiway traveling at 120 KH the truck scoots along. But still gets about 24 mpg.

5.7 hemi, 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disc brake with ABS. Heated front seats leather seats stereo radio with CD and cassette along with 8 speakers. Adjustable gas and brake pedals. And it's just a great looking truck.

Arm rests with grab handle on a 15 to a 30 degree angle. Also the floor pan on the right front floor. Remove the stupid bump on floor, it takes up too much foot room. Very uncomfortable on long trips.

Dodge Ram 4wd Crew Cab Laramie
By Joe

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first vehicle that I have ever been involved with for this long and I have had absolutely zero defects whatsoever. Truly amazing. The only fault I can find with with this truck is the gas mileage, but given the power and torque it has, I guess I shouldn't complain about that. I did'nt buy it going in with the expectation of great gas mileage.

Great truck
By Doug

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Very satisfied with the truck. Other family members who own Nissan, F250 and F350 trucks borrow this one for light hauling because it is so much more comfortable and easier to drive.

Ride, styling, interior comfort and room, reliability/quality, 5 speed auto means low RPM on highway.

4.7 is a little weak, I might should have gotten the Hemi but it was an expensive option at that time.

Water pump blew at 14,000 miles
By Kevin

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my 6th Dodge and was very aggrivated with all the problems. Water pump failed leaving me stuck out of state for 3 days, steering wheel wobble, steering wheel radio controls fell off all at around 14,000 miles. Since then I have not had any problems and am approaching 60K .I need a truck and at the time Dodge seemed the best of the bunch but am not sure if I would purchase a Dodge again especially with the poor warranty. I'm stuck with this truck due to the poor resale value so hopefully I won't have any more problems and hope to get a 150K out of it. This truck is still better than the Ford and Chevy I had.

At the time only Quad cab that offered a 6ft bed, affordable price, large console, 6 passenger seating

Better fuel economy, upgrade the cheap interiors

Dodge is Superior
By WadeW

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Dodge is awesome. I mean, what other truck has a 505 cu. in. V10 with 500 horsepower? None. The performance is amazing. The interior is luxurious and roomy. It is built extremely well. Rims are awesome, resembling the 2003 Viper. This truck is one of a kind. The gas mileage is horrible, but come on, it's got 500 horsepower and everyone will respect you when they see that "Viper Powered" logo on the hood when you pull up. Dodge Power!

Viper engine, manual transmission. Interior design and features. Infinity stereo system, and looks.

Gas mileage