2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Awesome Truck
By Michael T. Swain on 11/22/05 17:49 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is the most fun vehicle I've ever driven. Its all around performance is more impressive than I ever imagined. The looks I get anywhere I go is just an added bonus. I keep it in a storage facility until the weekend, and about 4 o'clock my adrenaline starts flowing. It gets me excited just thinking about it.

Bad buy
By bigdaddy on 11/15/05 16:48 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bad gas mileage, ABS system problems. When braking pulls to left, skips at around 1700 rpm, noisy, lacks power

Cant Dodge it? Ram it...
By EckAtState on 11/07/05 22:16 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for 8 months, and I've enjoyed her. I've added a CD player and subwoofer, having a camper top (bought her with it) helped when moving home at end of college year. I'm a big guy (6'2") and I fit perfectly in the driver seat, the white faced gauges are easy to see/read. The lack of shelving behind the seats were a dissappointment, so i built some of my own. The 4.7L at times seems underpowered but gets the job done satisfactorally. All and all, she is a great truck.

Fast, big, gas guzzler
By Hemi on 08/19/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

0-60 in under 7 seconds. Hauls 1800 lbs in the bed. Seats 6 adults comfortably. Gets 11-15 mpg:-( If you can afford the gas mileage this is the best utility vehicle in the world.

Brakes Bad
By Terry on 08/12/05 15:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The front brakes have been bad since 5100 miles. I turned rotors, replaced rotors ar 12136 miles and now it has 24000 miles and I still have the same warping on front rotors, The dealership has now decided I drive the truck too hard and they now want ot charge me $180 to turn rotors that only have 12,000 miles on them. Never buy another Chrysler product.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
By johnyrocket on 07/23/05 12:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I just purchased it, and I love this truck. It has great power on tap at any time. For what it is, it's just truly unbelievable. I walk away every time in absolute awe. I have found Heaven on Earth and the fact that it just draws people like very few other cars can do. So if you want a performace vehicle and gas isn't a factor, this is a usable truck that can actually carry more than her purse.

Dodge Muscle
By OfficerRam on 07/20/05 19:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Best of both worlds with muscle car looks and performance. Cavernous interior for my six foot three body. Mechanically reliable so far at 17k miles.

I love my truck!
By Lacey on 06/29/05 17:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

After owning only Fords for years, this was my first truck and first Dodge. I have been very impressed with the whole experience. The dealership made me feel like a princess and multiple employees still come out to say "hi" when I get my oil changed. The truck itself has wonderful steering and braking response. I have almost 20k miles on it and am totally sold on it!

2004 Feedback
By Tester on 06/17/05 10:41 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

So far, the Hemi has been good, but in retrospect, I would either have elected to go with the 3.92 axle instead of the 3.55 (just trying to squeeze as much MPG as possible and based on $2.09/gallon, who could blame me?) for around town driving and towing or simply employ the 4.7L verus the Hemi I purchased. The Infinity Sound System Volume Limit and basic speakers were a dissappointment. The ride is quite comfortable, the straight-forward cabin layout is obviously German influenced and for the BETTER I say. I wish they would take another 3 inches out of the bed and add them to the rear cabin. All in all, a good value for $3k less than Ford or Chevy. Think about it.

Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 SLT 5.7L HEMI
By DaBearshhh on 05/04/05 17:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Gotta have the 5.7L! 345 horses with amazing torque. I added a Volcan air intake and 3 inch dual exhausts and it's pushing 360 horses and still maintains around 13.8 mpg. If you want raw power... this is the truck you want.