Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 376 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

HEMI AWD
By karhaulr

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I sold my 04 a few months ago, and I miss it dearly. I had warped rotors in 18000km, never again.One bad oxygen sensor. Put 120000km on it, and loved it. Lots of trips in all kinds of weather, and the AWD never missed a beat. Couldn't lite up the back tires to show off, but I'm too old for that s$#^.I pulled 2 ATVs in an enclosed trailer very easily. 18hwy,13city,11-12 towing I'm looking for another Ram now, gotta have the full time transfer case. I put on open country toyos as replacement tires(17,265's) and loved them. MDS would be nice to have.

Hemi, AWD, heated mirrors, quad cab, styling, headlights good, ticked off all of my Chevy driving friends

Tail gate heavy, awkward parking until you get used to it, blind spot from front pillars,

Great cheap truck
By Bob Hall

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Great truck. No problems ever, except the front door seals chewing themselves up (replaced under warranty with the redesigned seal). The way this truck is driven, it may sit unstarted for weeks but then pretty much every time it is used for a property company, it is hauling a full load or towing. Never a hiccup, starts right up, and it gets an unbelievable number of "hey, nice truck" comments even being four years old. At Lowe's they even comment about how they see more Dodges than anything else at the commercial dock.

Ride, comfort, power, solid feel, cheaper than Ford or Chevy for comparable model

Counterbalanced tailgate, which I think the 09's will have, and make the half- ton model ride a little lower

My truck.
By Billzstangin66

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

No power in the 4.7, yet same fuel economy as the 5.7 Hemi? Other than the small "jeep" engine wearing prematurely, the transmission is my only concern- shifts are insecure and I know my tranny will be the first thing to go. Though, very comfortable truck, love the way it handles and drives! I'm considering a Cummins diesel version...

Styling, braking/handling, very comfortable for a truck.

Transmission needs upgrading, 4.7L is too small for a large truck.

That 's my Hemi
By verhoeckx

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great truck, fun to drive, handles very well for a big truck. Brakes are great, engine preformace is unbelievable for such a large vehicle. In the last three years of ownership the only problem I have had was a leaking left front shock. That was replaced under warranty. On the hiway traveling at 120 KH the truck scoots along. But still gets about 24 mpg.

5.7 hemi, 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disc brake with ABS. Heated front seats leather seats stereo radio with CD and cassette along with 8 speakers. Adjustable gas and brake pedals. And it's just a great looking truck.

Arm rests with grab handle on a 15 to a 30 degree angle. Also the floor pan on the right front floor. Remove the stupid bump on floor, it takes up too much foot room. Very uncomfortable on long trips.

Dodge Ram 4wd Crew Cab Laramie
By Joe

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first vehicle that I have ever been involved with for this long and I have had absolutely zero defects whatsoever. Truly amazing. The only fault I can find with with this truck is the gas mileage, but given the power and torque it has, I guess I shouldn't complain about that. I did'nt buy it going in with the expectation of great gas mileage.