2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
I am very pleased
By PaulF on 02/27/05 03:47 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I struggled with this purchase. I owned a trouble free Toyota for years and wanted a bigger truck. I heard the horror stories about certain Dodges. After asking my mechanic and others I went for a test drive. This has been a great vehicle - dependable, comfortable, fun, very nice. I recommend it highly. It has plenty of power, great comfort and good quality. It is a beast in the snow - no problem at all. It is well built and sharp looking too.

Is there anything else, other than Dodge?
By Big O on 02/27/05 01:53 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

If your looking for a great all-a-round truck, can't beat the Dodge. Interior very roomy with plenty of storage. Have 4 kids, so I need lots of room. I've got the Hemi. It does get a little thirsty, but when you hit the pedal it takes off, even at 75(+). Have 35k miles in just 1yr with no problems. I will have to say it does have a vibration a little when I'm turning to the right after a stop. Feel it in the right front brake. I use Amsoil series 3000 synthetic motor oil. Great oil with less break down, which means less oil changes. Truck has plenty of torque for towing. Hate to get rid of this truck but have to go to the Dodge 3/4 with Cummins. Need the mileage since I drive over 35K(+) a year.

Excellent
By Ken Hogan on 02/18/05 00:19 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The Hemi engine is awesome!!! I traded in my 2001 silverdo 1500 ext cab 5.3 v8 for the Hemi, best decision I ever made. This is my first Dodge,and I love it. I was a Chevy owner for 11 years before the switch to Dodge, and look forward to owning many more Dodge's

Lots of power, but lnterior lacks alot
By Kevin Morton on 02/12/05 13:48 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The power of the Hemi is great! Unfortunately you pay in fuel economy. The interior of the dodge Ram trucks are very boring with controls and features straight out of an 80's model vehicle. It's time Dodge gave us a few toys to play with inside the vehicle.

I put it to the test
By tomkoe on 02/06/05 04:40 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased the truck with the intent of having an all around vehicle, but shortly after had to move 1300 miles. I bought a 32 foot enclosed trailer and made 5 trips from CT to FL in the span of two months towing cars, furniture and thousands of pounds of tools and equipment. The truck operated flawlessly. I wish I could say as much about the trailer! The only upgrade I made to it was installing a set of air bags for the rear suspention, worth every penny.

Yea It's Got A HEMI
By Jeff on 01/24/05 20:07 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is the best looking truck on the road bar none. It is just plain fun to drive, and you do get alot of glances from other drivers. The Hemi is awesome it is as advertised. The interior could be jazzed up a bit to match the way cool exterior.

Great truck
By Ricky Hawwkins on 01/18/05 11:13 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is my third Dodge, truck, 2nd fullsize. I really love this truck and the quality has improved every year. The interior is solid a quiet, all controls are easy to operate and don't feel cheesy. The paint and body are excellent. The engine is the HEMI need I say more? Of course the fuel milage is poor, but I knew that when I decided to purchase this truck. And this is a truck, make no mistake about it. Itis big, commanding and will haul anything I have put in the bed or hook to the trailer hitch. The only real down side I have found are poor rear wheel traction on wet surfaces (again it is the hemi) and I don't like the front end being so low on the 2x4 model. Level it out some Dodge.

Performs well -Rides like a truck
By Clif Sheets on 12/24/04 13:07 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very nice interior storage, especailly under middle seat in front, and under rear seats. Excellent turning and handling, but ride is much rougher than the 1996 Chevy CK1500 I drove for 115K miles. Delivered with non functioning horn that drained the battery and required a tow at 300 miles. Dashboard GPS is basically worthless and non intuitive, you'd be much better off buying the Garmin portable GPS unit. Heated seats work great.

Great Truck
By Charles Ingle, Sr. on 12/19/04 17:22 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This is the smoothest riding truck that I have ever owned. It drives great. This is one of the best trucks. I was always a chevrolet man, my last truck that I just traded in on my new dodge ram was a silverado swb. This new truck is awesome to say the least. I wish I had switched to dodge sooner but better late than never. I love my new truck. I hadn't had it three hours when going out to my brothers house in the country, a deer ran into the driver door, so now I've got to put it in the shop to get my door fixed. But it still looks great with a dent in the door.

Go easy for best MPG w/Hemi
By Bud on 12/07/04 11:45 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

At 62 years old I drive easy (55 to 60 mph)and have been able to get 21 to 22.50 mpg (new truck) hwy. No jack rabbit starts and coast to stop. I have been GM most of my life but the Ram is the most comfortable truck for (6'2"-240lbs)me. The Ram offers excellent access to engine compartment and components like cleaning radiator and condenser. All wiring is neatly routed and enclosed in plastic conduit. Excelent visibility. Handling is accurate.