Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

What can I say, wow
By Raven72

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Switched from a 2000 F-150 Lariat last year for my Dodge QC Hemi, Wow what a difference. More power, no problem pulling my trailer and better comfort than the F150. Driving is far better and alot smoother. The interior has enough room where you dont think your sitting next the other person.

Hemi power. Love it when I step on the pedal and I'm off in a flash. Towing is a joy. I had to keep looking back to make the trailer was still there.

Cup holder in the front needs redesigned, keeps sticking. Need to make a brake controller an option.

Great Truck!
By Paul

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my hemi quad cab with 28000 miles and the only problem I have had was a bad O2 sensor in the cat. But all sensors go sooner or later. I had a Ford explorer 4x4 with traction controll which handled well in the snow. The ram surprisingly handled better without adding extra weight to the bed.

Floor it and put heads into the back or the seat. Hemi power. Lots of room. Best looks of all trucks

The cupholder is the biggest piece of crap. When you want it to open it won't and when you want it to close it doesn't. Also they should put the 6.1L HEMI engine in the rams, just to shut Toyota up (the commercials are annoying)

Fun to drive
By rz0mbie

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used about 5 months ago with only 19000 miles on it. Best decision I ever made. I live in Ohio and took it to the Outerbanks for family vacation, and the ride was excellent. I average 13-14 city and 17-18 highway. Transmission shifts smoothly and love the rumble sound of the exhaust.

Hemi power. Just about every option available. Aggressive exterior look.

Interior plastics would match that of the new F150, but they might have addressed the issue with the redesigned '06 Ram.

Best Truck Ever Driven
By marine0682

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have a Quad Cab. I love the fact that I get style and power in one. With its great 20" wheels and good power. Driving it is fun and a pleasure.

Manual transmission, CD, AC

Standard Hemi.

Best truck have ever owned
By Heafus

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have a blue 1500 SLT sport 4x4 loaded with tow package. Bought used and since I off-road am not crazy about the 20 in dubs. Will switch to 17's later. 3rd truck I've owned and definitely the funnest. The Hemi has oh my God type horsepower. Same gas mileage I was getting with a Dodge V- 6. After going to a full size, I am never going back. Cruises smooth, and the Hemi is extremely tempting to get happy with. Mileage 13-14 mpg.

The Hemi, looks of the truck, and size.

4x4's shouldn't come with 20" dubs. The tires are twice as much as 17incher's.