Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
yeah! its got a hemi
By tommy raines

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This thing will get up and go. At first i was a little sceptical about buying it, but after my dog and I test drove it we had to have it

Favorite Features

The favorite feature[s] about this truck is the horspower/motor, ex design and interior also he color i picked yellow!

Suggested Improvements

In my oppinion it would have to be the comfort and fual economy

ZAR POW'R SRT-10
By richzar

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Flaming red hot srt cruising, Tires that glide on air, Rockin' and rollin'to whiplash brakes, Smooth shifting awesome power, Every head turning, Sleek, shiny and bad to the bone! I love my SRT-10!!!

Favorite Features

HORSEPOWER!!!

Suggested Improvements

Memory Seat Adjustments Gear shift is too long Hands-free cell u-connect system should be standard

Suprised with my SRT-10 Ram
By bill31157

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I love this truck. I wish it was a little lower and the subwoofer had a little more thump. I get 15.7 mpg between city and highway. I got 16.7 mpg on the road before I did two modifications to the truck. What truck do you know that they give you mileage figures of 9mpg and 11 mpg, and I got much more then that. I had two new Chevys, and they were both wrong. I got much less then what they told me they would get. I get between 18mpg and 21 mpg on the road with the two modifications that I did. This is a 10 cylinder with 500 horses. I love the torque. It looks great.

Favorite Features

Horses, torque, 6spd tranny, looks. That front end. Interior, seats.

Suggested Improvements

The subwoofer needs more thump. Lower the truck a couple inches. Give it a five or better yet a six speed automatic tranny.

I do drive it daily, and LOVE IT
By dvldawg3097

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought the SRT 10 to replace my other dodge 5.7 although I had it up to 425 hp. Gas E/mpg is about the same as the Hemi, plus in Chicago you need to be faster just to merge in traffic because no one will let you in but in the SRT they don't have a chance. Stock right now adding an HX40 turbo very soon. Plus nothing beats a Ram. Semper Fi.

Favorite Features

6 gears of fun "more fun than a roller coaster!!!"

Suggested Improvements

More HP= Better MPG unless you own stock in the oil companies

Awesome Truck
By Black Thunder

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Purchased in May 09, only 7100 miles when I bought it. Has 12,000 on it now. Added a Volant CAI which increased highway from 16 mpg to nearly 19.2 mpg and City 9 mpg to 11 mpg if I drive 5 miles over the limit. The CAI increased horsepower from 500 to 522 horsepower. I do punch it at times and it responds well and the sound is AWESOME! The truck has 22" rims, put Hancooks on and handle very well, even in wet weather. The Perelli's did not grip well in wet weather and set of 4 Hancooks cost under $1000. Purchased Altezza tail lights, billet grill for looks. Added a Pioneer DVD GPS system. Overall, great truck!!

Favorite Features

The power, 8.3L Viper Engine engine, The 22" Rims. 0 - 60 in 5 seconds. Love the six speed manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage could be better but it is a Viper engine.