Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews - 376 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Depend on it
By walt

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Hemi performance excellent, gas consumption not a concern at time of purchase. At $5 a gallon it is time to be frugal. At $8 use only for fun and necessity. If the eco wackos have tier way I still won't separate from this vehicle. I love to drive it. I feel comfortable, safe, and in charge. It handles as well as any car I have ever owned. I am satisfied and have a goal of at least 200,000 mi.

hand holds, tilt steering, audio system, air. storage under rear seat, storage in door panels, split front seat.

I should have purchased electric locks.

I do drive it daily, and LOVE IT
By dvldawg3097

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought the SRT 10 to replace my other dodge 5.7 although I had it up to 425 hp. Gas E/mpg is about the same as the Hemi, plus in Chicago you need to be faster just to merge in traffic because no one will let you in but in the SRT they don't have a chance. Stock right now adding an HX40 turbo very soon. Plus nothing beats a Ram. Semper Fi.

6 gears of fun "more fun than a roller coaster!!!"

More HP= Better MPG unless you own stock in the oil companies

A great Truck for the Money!!!
By NJ

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

What a Great Truck, it's fun to drive.It is a very reliable truck for the money. It handles excellent very comfortable interior.The only problem is the gas mileage. All in all a Great truck keep up the good work Dodge.

Everything, the way it rides, the sound system, the comfort!!

Better gas mileage

great truck all around
By jfin

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I love this truck, just bought it a month ago and have already put 5000 miles on it, it rides great other than the seats that have no lumbar support. It has a gas sipping v-6 which by no means is slow, in fact I have outrun a 5.3 liter Chevy with it... And no one believes me. Oh well! It made a two hour drive to Austin and from there a 12 hour drive to Nashville! Not a problem whatsoever! It has the best air conditioner of any vehicle I have ever owned let alone been inside and this is vehicle number 11 for me! I cant think of much more about this truck because its a base model and didn't come with much, the only problem is during extreme rain it leaks under the dash a bit but I have vinyl floors

gas mileage i average 15-17 in the city and 19-21 on highway,sound system and most of all the vinyl floors because i had a friend recently who neglected to tell me he gets car sick..

Give it more torque, it seems to have trouble with mountains... Make sure to fix the wiper crowl I'm sure people don't want their carpet ruined... Oh and give the base seats some lumbar support, I had to buy a seat cover with a pad on it and everyone said I was anti Dodge because it had a Ford logo on it

niceride
By miker

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I sold my 65 GT350 Mustang & 1 owner cherry 86 c10 shortwide w/60k miles to buy this! I don't regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!

505 hp