2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Dodge truck
By millie on 03/04/06 06:38 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

The hemi gives good gas mileage at 65/70 highway-but-drops in city driving to 12/13. ride is excellent and room for 6 passengers except for the shift to 4 wheel drive the person in the front seat does not have much room. OK, for short distances but overall comfortable and a good drive/work/towing truck would highly recomend a test drive and purchase.

Suprised with my SRT-10 Ram
By bill31157 on 02/17/06 01:34 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I love this truck. I wish it was a little lower and the subwoofer had a little more thump. I get 15.7 mpg between city and highway. I got 16.7 mpg on the road before I did two modifications to the truck. What truck do you know that they give you mileage figures of 9mpg and 11 mpg, and I got much more then that. I had two new Chevys, and they were both wrong. I got much less then what they told me they would get. I get between 18mpg and 21 mpg on the road with the two modifications that I did. This is a 10 cylinder with 500 horses. I love the torque. It looks great.

Still happy with my truck after 2 years.
By RamRobStL on 02/17/06 00:46 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab ST Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

No real complaints, bought it to use as a light duty truck and in that respect it works flawlessly. A bit unhappy with Dodge's claims about the gas mileage, I see nowhere near 21 on the highway, more like 14-15, but I did not buy it solely for the gas mileage.

Fun and tough
By Jon on 02/05/06 09:04 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I've found my Dodge truck to be both fun and tough. It went through being rear ended at 20+ mph with only minor damage and no occupant injuries. It does pretty well on mpg with averages of over 20 mpg on the highway. I drove it through a huricane in SC through headlight deep water and high winds with no problems at all. It handles well and with the hemi engine has plenty of power and performance. I am very pleased with this truck.

Great truck
By Great Ride on 01/06/06 22:39 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I got the truck at 7000 miles, and have loved it ever since. My satisfaction only improved once I had dual flowmasters installed on it. My wife loves it on trips, but hates me driving, because i like to use the HEMI power. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned that she prefers to ride in over her 4cyl car.

There will never be a substitute
By Trambusto on 12/26/05 16:59 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab Laramie 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my truck! I don't think I'll ever fall in love with another vehicle the way I fell in love with this one. Sure, there are things I wish it had, like satelight radio. But compared to other truck manufacturers, I love this one the best. I love that it's big. I love that it takes up space. I love that it takes me 3 attempts to park it. I love that I can fit all my toys in it. I love that it can snow a foot and I don't have to worry. This is the best vehicle I've ever had. Trading it in will be the hardest thing I will ever have to do.

Great Truck
By flo-rite on 12/23/05 13:51 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck. Had it a little over a year and have had no problems. Rides great and has lots of get-up-and-go even though it doesn't have the Hemi. I can't imagine how much power this thing would have with a Hemi, the standard V8 is that good. Handles amazingly well considering its size. Great ride and plenty of passenger room.

'04 4x4 Quad Cab Short Bed 20" Dubs
By TSavage on 12/21/05 21:02 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Strong truck easy to drive and handle. Performance 2nd to none with the hemi. Smooth shifting auto-trans, solid ride, and very capable 4X4. Interior components solid, not shaky like my Fords wiggly windows or my GM's flimsy interior parts or mushy seats. Best truck on the road for the money today!

Talk About an Impulse Buy
By 3ric on 12/16/05 17:14 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2dr Regular Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

After leaving Lowe's one day without the ladder I needed, I decided I had to have a truck. Traded in my baby would- be-paid-off-in-a-month Grand Prix for a Silver Hemi Ram. Everything I could ever want in a truck, and more. After hauling 3 things 4 miles in 2 months, and dropping twice as much on gas, I came to the frightening realization that I had made a mistake. I don't NEED a truck. Unfortunately, neither does anyone else, so I'm stuck and more upside down than a cake. Don't get me wrong, the truck is hot and fun (in a straight line), but I feel trapped.

Very Good Offroad Truck
By GDOG on 12/15/05 14:36 PM (PST)

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I think this is great off road truck! Goes anywhere! I have taken it through some tuff places and not had one problem getting me there or out! Have pulled many Fords out of ditches with it too!! I do this with no after market add ons also!!